[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What artists do you like from this list? Merzbow, Boredoms,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1459702318304.png (86KB, 226x178px) Image search: [Google]
1459702318304.png
86KB, 226x178px
What artists do you like from this list?

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Księżyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, Kaoru Abe, the list goes on...
>>
Lol I don't know any of those ex. Zappa and Sun Ra and I only listen to Sun Ra
>>
>>69065428
>Death in June
>Current 93
>Luigi Russolo
>Frank Zappa
>Boyd Rice
everything else on this list is gay as fuck
>>
>>69065428
Merzbow, Boredoms, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, La Monte Young, Moondog, John Cage, Captain Beefheart, Albert Ayler, Alice Coltrane, György Ligeti, Terry Riley, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, David Tudor, Half Japanese, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, Harry Partch, Comus, Cromagnon, The Red Krayola, cLOUDDEAD,
why?
>>
File: 1479132775125.png (65KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479132775125.png
65KB, 300x250px
captain beefheart
Sun city girls MAYBE cause i like anco
half japanese MAYBE cause i like daniel johnson
>>
early Boredoms (fuck their modern new age leanings), Brainbombs, Henry Cowell, Fishmans, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fussy-sushi, Brotzmann, Scott Walker (later works), Feldman, Beefheart, Sanders, Ayler, Coleman, the Coltranes, Schoenberg, Boulez, Ligeti, Stockhausen, Nang Nang, TFUL, Nara Leao, Basic Channel, Noah Howard, Ahmed, Flynt, Endo, Half Japanese, most of Haino's work, Yoshihide, the only time I actively enjoy Zorn is when listening to Masada, Basho, Spector, some Frith, Jandek, Loren Connors (early works), Red Krayola (just Parable of Arable Land), Cukor Bila Smert', Kaoru Abe even if he pretty much just aped Braxton for most of his career
>>
This is clearly supposed to be some meme making fun of pretentious people but most of the stuff on that list is good, acclaimed stuff.
>>
>Brainbombs
>Current 93
>Frank Zappa
>Arnold Schoenberg
>cLOUDDEAD,
>>
>>69065428
Boredoms
Peter Brotzman
Unwound
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282
Gerogerigegege
>>
>>69065428
many of them
>>
>>69065428
I love most of these and I get the meme but why the fuck is Nara Leao on there??
>>
>>69065840

AntiWarhol likes her.
>>
>>69065428
>Boredoms
>Coil
>La Monte Young
>Moondog
>Popol Vuh
>Scott Walker
>Albert Ayler
>Ornette Coleman
>Terry Riley
>Sun Ra
>Cromagnon
>Red Krayola
>Gong

If you don't agree with this, then you might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>69065428
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Einsturzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Current 93, Moondog, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Peter Brotzmann Scott Walker, Unwound, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Half Japanese, John Zorn, Wesley Willis, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Royal Trux, The Dead C, Comus, Murmuure, Clouddead

Am I Patrish enough?
>>
>>69065428
>Current 93
>Popol Vuh
>Frank Zappa
>Ornette Coleman
>Stockhausen
>Terry Riley
>Robbie Basho
>Sun City Girls
>Royal Trux

>>69065932
Oh, I didn't see Gong. I like Gong too
>>
If I could kill every single person with my bear hands who even likes just one of these hack artists I would

t. Polymath
>>
>>69066065
name a non-hack then
you won't
>>
File: tfw polymath.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
tfw polymath.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>69066086
You say Aphrodite's Child, I say The George-Edwards Group
You say AMM, I say Nihilist Spasm Band
You say Monks, I say The Bachs
You say Os Mutantes, I say Axe
You say Jefferson Airplane, I say Instant Orange
You say The Residents, I say Little Phil & the Nightshadows
You say France Gall, I say The Children of Sunshine
You say Lee Hazelwood, I say Dave Bixby
You say The Incredible String Band, I say A Cid Symphony
You say The United States of America, I say Stone Harbour
You say Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, I say Stephen David Heitkotter
You say Brainticket, I say Kennelmus
You say Comus, I say Can Am Des Puig
You say Pere Ubu, I say Debris'
You say Les Rallizes Denudes, I say The Index
You say James Chance & The Contortions, I say Cleaners from Venus
You say Rory Gallagher, I say Bob Desper
You say The Action, I say Pop Music Team
You say Baby Grandmothers, I say The Momes
You say Family, I say C.A. Quintet
You say Can, I say Cold Sun
You say Van Dyke Parks, I say Perry Leopold
You say Serge Gainsbourg, I say Ant Bee Ceremony
You say Lee Perry & The Upsetters, I say Gary Wilson
You say Gryphon, I say These Trails
You say Henry Cow, I say C.A. Quintet
You say R. Stevie Moore, I say Bobb Trimble
You say Goblin, I say Virgin Insanity
You say Christian Vander, I say Danny-Ben Israel
You say Exuma, I say Damon
You say Ry Cooder, I say Bob Theil
You say Red Krayola, I say Y. Bhekhirst
You say Osamu Kitaji, I say Jerry Solomon
You say Amon Duul II, I say Lightdreams
92% of /mu/tants have turned to unsuccessful commercial albums that had minor critical acclaim. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real non-commercial artistic recordings, copy and paste this message into five other threads. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF POLYMATH RECORDS DIE!!!!!!!
>>
>>69066086

Bach
>>
>>69066140
meme
>>69066142
hack

try again
>>
All of them because I'm not a pussy that is easily swayed by memes
>>
>>69065428
Merzbow, Nurse With Wound Death in June, Moondog, Fishmans... that's it.
>>
>>69065428

Why is Yat-Kha there? They're just an amusing cult band.
>>
Literally everything except for clouddead and les rallizes denudes
>>
File: Imogen-Poots-Green-Room.jpg (508KB, 1300x750px) Image search: [Google]
Imogen-Poots-Green-Room.jpg
508KB, 1300x750px
>>69065428

Brainbombs
>>
>>69065428
>Dead
Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh fuck man
>>
>>69066065
>with my bear hands
How did you type that
>>
>>69066858

His nose.
>>
File: 1470152288027.jpg (31KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470152288027.jpg
31KB, 375x375px
>>69065428
>No Bull of Heaven
>>
>>69066877
Now I'm imagining a bear carefully typing out edgy elitist 4chan posts with his nose and it's mad cute
>>
>>69065649
When has Abe sounded like Braxton? I think the comparison's off
>>
>>69065428
Boredoms, Gero (kind of), Throbbing Gristle, Einstürzende, Moondog (kind of), Popol Vuh, Taj Mahal Travellers, Unwound (kind of), Frank Zappa, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, Schoenberg, Terry Riley, The Residents, Royal Trux, Red Krayola (kind of), Gong
>>
>>69065428
Only listen to Zappa and even that's rarely.
>>
>>69065428
Wha-whaaattttt no Kanye?!?!? What kinda crazy place have I stumbled into???
>>
>>69066812

Dead was an avant-meme long before your shitty general made it a le ironic meme. It's a Horb 5 for fuck's sake.
>>
Coil, some Throbbing Gristle, some Nurse With Wound, Death in June, Current 93, Scott Walker, Zappa, Pharoah Sanders, Basic Channel, Residents, Sun Ra, Comus
>>
>>69065428
i like a lot of the artists from the first three lines. after that i don't very many of them
>>
>>69065428
>Moondog
>John Cage
>Frank Zappa
>Morton Feldman
>Captain Beefheart
>Pharoah Sanders
>Albert Ayler
>Ornette Coleman
>György Ligeti
>Karlheinz Stockhausen
>Delia Derbyshire
>Daphne Oram
>Sun Ra
>Kaoru Abe
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.