[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posthardcore masterpiece 1994. Cedrick said on twitter there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1413x1396px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1413x1396px
Posthardcore masterpiece 1994. Cedrick said on twitter there would be no ATDI without this album. Dustin "Dirty", roadie of Unwound is also close friends of the guitarist and singer of DLJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM
>>
>>69061594
Listening to this all the way through is a chore. The longer songs are too long. I stubbornly forced myself to listen to this album in it's entirety over many times because it's a "classic" and most importantly, clearly there is good album in here.
Now I know how to actually enjoy it.
Basically edit to the same length as a Hot Snakes album and it's just better. A lot of bloat can be removed. A shorter,condensed version would've better for all longer songs. Luau's riff in particular is massive, I'd love more of that than the other crap. Luau seems the most worthy of it's length but also the most that could've been turned into something more memorable. Anything other than the main riff is quiet by comparison and they have a tension building riff in there that builds to it perfectly though the last we hear of at 3:55 not even half way and the intensity drops. The noise stuff at the end is alright, just doesn't kill me like the first part 4 min of the song.

I find that the parts that sound the least like Hot Snakes(early 90's emo) are the parts that can be chucked. I can always listen to the full version if I'm "feeling" it.

Revised End points:
Here Come the Rome Plows at 4:05(ending the song with the "rome Plows" refrain at 1:49 would've been cool) the last part I would've kept begins at at 5:20.
Do you Compute 5:00
Luau at 5:00 (not a fan of the "Luau" chorus quiet part). The most intense stuff and most "song" like part is all in the first 5 min though I do like that 6:50-7:30 part.
Super Unison at 4:10
New Intro 2:30
And skip to last 2 min of Sinews
>>
>>69061618
i see where you're coming from. i like yank crime, but i treat it as a double album. first half ending at luau, second half at sinews. kinda autistic but it's the only way i can listen to it
>>
>>69061618
>>69061661
I listened the whole album walking around my city this afternoon. its fucking amazing I never get tired of it
>>
File: 612M52SZYKL.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
612M52SZYKL.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>69061618
>>69061661
>>69061709

This is essentially the 2nd best Drive Like Jehu album, with all the fat cut, nothing wasted, the majority of the songs being just over 2 minutes.

Mario is just as good a drummer as Mark, and the bass playing here is cooler, or at least used in a cooler way. The bass is utilized as an accent like a synth would be in a normal song.
It did look strange when they played live because the bassist would just stand around waiting for his part, usually during the chorus or at the outro of a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWAR0hsYqA&list=PLOLEKc9BQlR6ofh-1B9qiwBQO2PRl-OJn
>>
>>69061594
can you stop meming this already?
>>
>>69061594
>>69061618
What are you doing?
>>
>>69061957
this

it's already /mu/core, we don't need a daily thread about it
>>
>>69061594
It's really not that good I don't understand the praise.
>>
>>69061594

Dried Kike Jew
>>
>>69061886
yeah hot snakes rock that album is awesome
>>
>>69062268
do you compute?
>>
>>69063784
DO YOUUUUUUUU COMPUUUUUUUTE?!

But really I don't get all the praise.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.