[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have to give a 5 minute presentation on any musical subject.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1451319736589.jpg (220KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1451319736589.jpg
220KB, 1366x2048px
You have to give a 5 minute presentation on any musical subject. What do you pick?
>>
V A P O R W A E V
>>
I pick anzu
>>
>>69050341
I could talk about guitars, amps, and recording gear for hours.
>>
the drop
>>
>>69050341
development of post-rock in the 90s
>>
Kanye's use of sampling and features on MBDTF to create a dual narrative.
>>
>>69050467
I'd be interested in hearing this
>>
Algorithmic composition
>>
the parallel evolutions of punk and metal and their points of convergence
that, or the conflict between historical and formal genre descriptors in popular music and the case for their separation
>>
>>69050399
Noice. What specifically would you touch on?
>>
File: MCRide2.jpg (55KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MCRide2.jpg
55KB, 500x281px
Psychoanalyzing MC Ride
>>
Ambient
Ambient drone
Sample based ambient
>>
>>69050341
Probably noise rock honestly
>>
The Hammond organ. It's all over the place, on countless songs and albums, but very few people know anything about it.
>>
File: 1478393557173.jpg (488KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
1478393557173.jpg
488KB, 1024x767px
>>69050341
Grimes!
>>
>>69050467
elaborate?
>>
>>69051241
It's roots, what albums inspired what album, and which ones were the most important
>>
techno or something else i only have rudimentary knowledge of because 5 minutes is nothing
>>
>>69051280
Lowercase / EAI for me. Though I'd like to know more about sample based ambient.
>>
>>69052030
Have you read storm static sleep? It's a book about post-rock
>>
>>69050341

The parallels between the original narrative structure of Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid M.A.A.D City and James Joyce's Ulysses.
>>
Do a Bob Ross on noise music.
>>
>>69054520
Could do this one too
>>
The Artificial Intelligence mailing list and how its artists when on to influence electronic music.
>>
The fact that musical critcs herald The Beatles as one of the best band of all time and why they are biaised.
>>
>>69054520
the joy of tinnitus?
>>
Erik satie and minimalism.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.