[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey im considering buying a sitar, (pic related) for 4000 swedish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: sitar 1.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sitar 1.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
Hey im considering buying a sitar, (pic related) for 4000 swedish crowns (around 400 euro). Its used, and bought in india 2012. Anyone here who know anything about this instrument? Is it worth it? Does the pictures look good? Need all the help i can get, i dont know shit about this instrument
>>
File: sitar 2.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sitar 2.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
>>
>>69037703
>does the pictures look good?
>600x800

well it looks like a sitar, I can tell you that much
>>
a sitar is useless without extensive lessons on tuning, determining scales, how to play it, how to keep the string buzz in tact (jiwari)...

its a complicated instrument, not one that you can just "jam" and goof around on if you don't have lessons
>>
File: sitar 3.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sitar 3.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
yeah well im intending to actually learn it properly, but im still wondering if this is worth it for the price. I know that traditional instruments like this requires a lot of practice. But would you say this one looks like its worth 400 euros? Sry the pics arent that high res, but according to the seller (which is a friends, friend, so he wont rip me of) it is in good condition.
>>
File: sitar 4.jpg (58KB, 600x800px)
sitar 4.jpg
58KB, 600x800px
>>
fuck off get a guitar
>>
man this thing will look sick covered in dust next to your bong and pile of dirty clothes
>>
A good sitar can be expensive as fuck. Get the brand and model number down and use a website on reverb to compare it prices.

Good luck, I have always been interested in the sitar, but never had the motivation to buy one since I'm a shitty musician.
>>
have 5 guitars, so nah no more. And i quit smoking weed while ago.

Could someone who is is not a lonely, depressed asshat come in here and give some advice?
>>
>>69039767
thank you for writing something constructive. Yeah but dont think theres a specific "brand" since its handmade by some local guy in india
>>
>>69039806
>handmade by some local guy in india
Kind of sounds like it might be a gimmicky thing made by a local for tourists. It looks nice from the pictures though. If you have a teacher or friend who knows about sitars, you might want to bring him along to test it out.
>>
>>69039837
yeah it probably is a tourist gimmick. Well, ive thought about it but i dont really know anyone experienced with sitars, thought i would get me a teacher after i bought it. thats why i came here just to ask if someone had some experience. I know its kinda impossible to determine the qualite of the sitar with the pics i provided but still, would just like to hear some words of advice
>>
Are you gonna hang out with the harekrishnas around tcentralen?
>>
>>69039924
theyre still there? I thought they were long gone
>>
>>69039972
Its worse now. Gypsies.
Usually harekrishnas are old bored whites. So that was more of a funny thing than anything else.
>>
>>69040261
Define worse, what is it about them thats worse. If you're from /pol/ i´d rather just refrain from talking to you cause it wont give me anything
>>
>>69040289
Well not from pol. I usually go to fa and here. But i just dislike the people who ruin others' experience of world.
>>
>>69040317
hahahah well then you should hate pretty much everyone in the society you live in, since we live in a society that feeds on the misery of others. The gypsies on the street are merely a symptom of our hate filled world. I would say its pretty spoiled of people to get upset about the gypsies, since they sleep outside and spend their days doing something so boring, being so hated, and living on so little. How can we be such spoiled brats that we care more about them "ruining the citys image" or "being annoying" when we live such amazing lives swimming in gravy and sugar
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.