[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally listened to this (yeah, I know) and it's damned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 36 Chambers.jpg (114KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
36 Chambers.jpg
114KB, 800x800px
Finally listened to this (yeah, I know) and it's damned good. Are the other Wu albums just as good? Also what's up with the hardest beat on the entire album being one minute long? Like what the fuck, RZA?
>>
>>69032965
Your best bet is to listen to all the solo Wu-Tang debuts.

Method Man, ODB, Raekwown, GZA and Ghostfaces albums are all fantastic and feel like unique branch offs from this album.

I think Wu-Tang Forever and The W are great also, but they definitely have a different vibe compared to 36 Chambers.
>>
Winter Warz
>>
>>69033210
>Cappadonna wasting all his juice on one epic verse
Still kinda mad Killah Priest isn't an official member over Cappa
>>
>>69032965
The rest of the Wu-Tang albums aren't as good as 36 Chambers.

Some of the solo albums by the members of Wu-Tang on the other hand, are just as good if not better, e.g. Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

What beat are you talking about that's a minute long?
>>
>>69033269
>What beat are you talking about that's a minute long?
The beat at the start of Clan in da Front.
>>
>>69033345
Fuck no it isn't
>>
>>69033345
How is that a "hard beat"? Has nothing on Bring Da Ruckus.
>>
>>69033360
>>69033382
it is though
>>
>>69033454
Except it's not.

Da Mystery of Chessboxin has the best beat.
>>
>>69033454
RZA clearly wanted an intro to the track and decided to just loop a 3 note bass line over and over. Literally no thought was required. He uses it as a throwaway because that's what it is.
>>
>>69032965

Listen to Niggamortis ('six feet under' if you live in america) by Gravediggaz. Prob my favorite Wu related release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nWYGSoSoU
>>
>>69032965
Once Upon a Time in Shaolin is just as good tbqfhfamalam
>>
>>69033554

It's pretty bad from what I've heard so far. Though thats only the intro and the first track.
>>
>>69032965
just wu tang forever
listen to that then move on to the solo albums
>>
>>69032965
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.