[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to true edge? These days, even purportedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Whatever happened to true edge?

These days, even purportedly edgy figures in entertainment like Manson are being safe and being careful not to upset the prevailing PC climate. Why is there no one with the stones to do something TRULY edgy like come out in support of Trump or tear apart a Quaran?
>>
>what is MDE
they tear up everyone

https://mde-tv.bandcamp.com/album/ideas-man

even got a few albums
>>
It's not that the edge is getting more cringeworthy. it's just that you are getting older and more mature. You no longer gain entertainment from just trash anymore.

I'm sure there's a 13 year old who thinks this is the craziest most edgy thing ever.
>>
>>69024531
Reevaluate your life
>>
>>69024531
It's part of the long-term general trend of musicians making sure that they remain commercially-viable above all else.

It's quite "safe" and corporate-friendly to bash Donald Trump in the current commercial climate. But watch how carefully musicians "patrol" themselves to make sure they don't overstep their boundaries.
>>
>>69024531
>supporting the soon to be most powerful man on earth is edgy
>>
>>69024648
It's so fucked up that we'll still have rights after the next 4 years huh?
HERE'S HOW HILLARY CAN STILL WIN
>>
name 1 (one) edgy thing this hack has done in the past
>>
>>69024754
>>69024531
>a rich Christian capitalist is anti establishment and punk

lol
>>
>>69024531
I love Mansons first three albums, but at this point he's kinda embarassing. When you've got a double chin and pudgy cheeks, you can no longer pull off that kinda edgy look with any dignity
>>
>>69026629
This
>>
>>69027415
this desu, i still love his music but i prefer the starving, poor, "GOD i hate ohio" manson
>>
>>69024531
Because in the past, the edgy things to say were the things that offended the political right; things that were offensive to traditionalists, Christians, etc.

That's been done, over and over again, and it's banal now. If the Catholic church or the Christian Coalition gets offended, nobody cares, they just laugh along at them. Now the truly "edgy" things in society are things that offend the sensibility of the left--racism, homophobia, etc. And no one is willing to try to exploit those to be edgy, especially since the edgy types in the cultural mainstream usually sympathize with the left.

It's not a bad thing. It's just that the left won.
>>
>>69024531
well Pogo made Trumpular for what it's worth
>>
>>69028843
>It's just that the left won.
the right has been consistently winning on economics. tolerance vibes are just more marketable.
>>
>>69029031

Just like in 2001, the states that lost (California, Washington, New York, Massachussetts, Illinois) are the states that grant the the USA its status as the world's superpower: all the science and technology that gives the USA the key advantage over other countries come from San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, New York, New Jersey, Boston and Chicago: Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, IBM, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, the biopharmaceutical industry... you name it. These states are increasingly aware that their scientific and engineering achievements are enabling a majority of ignorant people (who doesn't even believe in their science) to rule the world. It's a paradox that only happens in the USA because only in the USA is the disconnect between the educated minority (that makes the USA great) and the uneducated majority (that elects the government) so large. Silicon Valley and Boston literally empower the likes of Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity who don't even believe in science: without Silicon Valley and Boston these people would be humble peasants scavanging for food in primitive forests and valleys instead of being influential voices that decide who rules the country. Time to undo Lincoln?
>>
>>69026391
took a rib out so he can suck his own wiener.
stabbed his own eyeball out with a fork.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.