[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me an actual reason why death grips is bad, saying they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
Give me an actual reason why death grips is bad, saying they're "edgy" doesn't count
>>
I think it's just a matter of taste. What works for some people just doesn't work for others.
>>
I'm not going to say they're bad (I'm a fan of their music), but a criticism I can give is that a lot of the times it feels like they're throwing darts with their music. It hits most of the time, but then when they miss, you really notice it.
>>
>>69006897
I only like Niggas on The Moon & Government Plates. I can see the appeal for their other albums though, the biggest problem is that people treat them like a meme & their fans are shit. Also, Jenny Death & Bottomless Pit is pretty much modern day versions of nu-metal.
>>
>>69006933
>>69006968
>>69007026
jesus christ none of these posts are criticisms
so fucking unwoke
>>
Coming from a big fan, here's some criticism I remember when I started listening to them and didn't like them.

The first time you listen to them it can be very chaotic. Imagine going to a Death Grips concert, without knowing any of the songs, I think that's the best way to describe it. It took me a second listen to really start digging it, and a third listen made me fall in love with their songs.
>>
>>69007571
How boring would music be if every album was accessible?
>>
>>69008141

couldn't agree more. the longer it takes to pin it down the more you get out of it
>>
File: 91.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>death grips
>not the embodiment of edgy and tasteless trash for complacent indie kids who don't know better and don't want to know better

my sides!!!!!!!!!!
>>
please tell me about great music to get drunk to..thank you for letting me be myself
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-28+at+10.00.26).png (4KB, 397x36px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-28+at+10.00.26).png
4KB, 397x36px
>>69007571
>>69008141
>>69008862
>>
MC Ride's flow is WHACK AF
>>
Since GP that they've become a parody of themselves
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 473x139px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 473x139px
>>69008932
holy fucking kek
>>
>>69006968
what would you consider a miss?
>>69007026
>Jenny Death & Bottomless Pit is pretty much modern day versions of nu-metal.
not an argument
>>69008901
>it's bad because it's bad
>>
>>69009975
I think he was mostly going for "it's bad because it's edgy", which is even more funny cause
>saying they're "edgy" doesn't count

>>69007026
>Jenny Death & Bottomless Pit is pretty much modern day versions of nu-metal.
I see where you'd think that, but it's still fun as shit and at least the lyrics are way more visceral than anything that would ever come from nu-metal.

If anyone doubts that there is any talent behind Death Grips, just listen to Church Gone Wild by Hella, and you'll see what the fuck is up.
>>
MC Ride is a talented vocalist and technically skilled rapper.
>>
>>69007210
>unwoke
>>
>>69009975
From the money store, it would be Fuck That, and from Niggas on the Moon, it would be Say Hey Kid
>>
>>69010692
B-but I like Say Hey Kid
>>
>>69006897
The only people who don't like Death Grips are the people who have never listened to Punk Weight.
>>
>>69010692
I will never understand the hate on Fuck That, Bitch Please is a much weaker track desu.
>>
>>69008932
Is this person fucking retarded
>>
>>69007210
Fuck off tedy you shilling hack
>>
>>69008932
hahaha saved
>>
>>69006897
Stefan is a one trick pony, shouting stream of consciousness lyrics the same exact way in just about every song
>>
>>69010692
Fuck That is brutal dude, shit bangs
>>
File: 1475299521499.png (788KB, 868x477px) Image search: [Google]
1475299521499.png
788KB, 868x477px
>>69012559
>shouting stream of consciousness lyrics the same exact way
>exact same way
>>
>>69012600
Yeah, he flows the same way on like every Death Grips song
>>
>>69012619
this isnt true
>>
>>69006897
it's just because they're super popular/their fanbase. Their songwriting and production is really fucking unique. Doesn't matter if you like them or not if you can't at least appreciate that I dunno man
>>
>>69012837
Oh..
>>
I'm not a big fan of MC Ride, he can sound really bad sometimes and they have a bunch of pointless and boring songs since they don't have anything to say except constant anger and aggression, so it just gets boring eventually. And the more experimental stuff on GP and NOTM is also boring and synthetic even if well made.
>>
mixing is terrible, even after their sell out they didn't improve it. production is poor, Andy Morin listened to grimes too much. plus they only have one somewhat original album
>>
it seems like they deliberately simplify certain songs for pop value... stuff like big dipper really shines for me because it shows them at a technical peak. i still love them though
>>
>>69013214
i should have said "hot head" instead of big dipper.... it's mainly the last half of big dipper that gets technically crazy and non-repetitive. still
>>
>>69012857
Never got the point of hating an artist cause of their fanbase or popularity but then again look at the board I'm on.
>>
>>69012857
>songwriting and production is really fucking unique

this

im honestly ashamed of liking death grips

are there any bands with similar lyricism or sound? hell, i loved the ILYs, anything similar to that? nothing Zach Hill was part of pls.
>>
>>69010077
What do you think of There's No 666 in Outer Space? It's my personal favorite when it comes to Hella
>>
>>69014254
Why are you ashamed? You shouldn't let a bunch of teenagers effect your enjoyment of something. Stop it.
>>
>>69014345
Not a huge fan of the vocals to be honest. I'll probably be basic as fuck and say I like Hold Your Horse Is better (or maybe Tripper).
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.