[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just listened to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: GettyImages-491690496.jpg (209KB, 684x1026px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-491690496.jpg
209KB, 684x1026px
I just listened to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
It's good.
Are those faggots shitposting about her actually right?
>>
>>69006064
Why do you call them faggots?

>I just listened to this.
You needed to open a new thread announcing the world you like a song? Sorry, you're the shitposting faggot here.
>>
it's ok
>>
was ok
>>
>>69006223
Who you calling faggot, faggot?
>>
it's just dance music
>>
>>69006548
i'd prefer not to move
>>
>>69006223
You post doesn't even answer the OP's question, therefore you are the one shitposting.

The ones posting that she is not good are right.
>>
>>69006597
not even a little?
>>
>>69006548
You clearly didn't listen to her music.
>>69006640
FYI calling out on his bullshit is not shitposting.
>>
>>69006658
(you)
>>
>>69006064
Fucking stop dodging my filter you stupid grimesfags! I don't want to hear about or see this untalented goblin retard ever again.
>>
>>69006640
She's not the GOAT artist that people on this board shitpost about.
But she's enjoyable.
Good vocals, Lyrics, Great production
>>
>>69006873
>She's not the GOAT artist that people on this board shitpost about.
She's not because you say so? Any proof?
>>69006873
Not the OP, but the fact you reacted like a mad scumbag gives plenty of reasons for more people to dodge your second hand filters.
>>
back to your containment thread, faggot
>>
Pitchfork said it was the best track of the decade so far so shut up
>>
>>69006981
imo she's not GOAT, one of the best around without a doubt tho. People on this board tend to overhype her
>>
>>69007052
Citation needed
>>
>>69007052
they said that because they believe it's about a rape experience
>>
>>69006064
Not even her best song
>>
>>69007132
>>69007124
>>
>>69007161
>>69007132
The same list has Katy Perry and Drake on it......
>>
>>69007132
>they believe
Grimes herself said that:
>In your videos this year, you played with these clichés of powerful and powerless female archetypes. What was that about?
>I was interested in the Japanese archetype of a female protagonist who is very small and very cute and very physically powerful. You don’t see that archetype in America. But in Japanese culture, there are female characters who can embody this girl uniform and still cut someone’s head off with a sword. “Oblivion” embodies that kind of archetype, going into this masculine world that is associated with sexual assault, but presented as something really welcoming and nice. The song’s sort of about being — I was assaulted and I had a really hard time engaging in any types of relationship with men, because I was just so terrified of men for a while.

>Is it important for you to discuss what “Oblivion” is about?
>It would be intense if it were an overwhelming part of my image. I can’t censor myself; it’s really important for me to say how I feel. I needed to put out this song. I needed to make this song. I took one of the most shattering experiences of my life and turned it into something I can build a career on and that allows me to travel the world. I play it live every night. The whole process has been positive — engaging with that subject matter and making it into something good.

http://www.spin.com/2012/12/grimes-interview-2012-big-year/
>>
File: 13307280_1194011940629907.jpg (89KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
13307280_1194011940629907.jpg
89KB, 720x960px
>>69007206
>Katy Perry and Drake are bad
>>
>>69007245
Yep
>>
File: triggerinobnana.gif (535KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
triggerinobnana.gif
535KB, 200x200px
>>69006896
>good vocals

are you kidding?

>great production
mediocre at best. nothing special or actual good about it.
>>
>>69007096
This happens with all great artists. Grimes is overhyped but she's also really that good. If she would be mediocre or bad, no one here would even care about her.
>inb4 her image
There are better looking singers (e.g. Gabrielle Aplin -- google her), and yet nobody on /mu/ give a fuck about them. It must be her great music that makes people go insane.
>>
>>69007245
drake is terrible
>>
>>69007260
Here's your bag of (You)s.
>>
>>69006896
This is the correct opinion. I wish /mu would stop the filter-evasion threads, the waifufaggotry, and the threads just bitching or like "ITT: Music that makes ears bleed" with pic of grimes. Just discuss her music in the general, or shut the fuck up about her.
>>69006064
OP if you really care, listen to Visions
>>
File: 1478486814951.jpg (179KB, 630x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478486814951.jpg
179KB, 630x1024px
>>69007469
Telling /mu/ what they should do is not a good idea. No one will listen to you. And by the way, she's GOAT, like it or not. She's Joanna Newsom approved, so shut up.

>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
http://www.spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
http://www.rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/
>>
Hello ?MU? haha
Am I allowed to unironically like music?
>>
>>69007533
I said I wish, I didn't tell anyone to do anything. I know its futile, thats why I wish.
Posting reactions like that to a pretty favorable opinion is what pushes anons who have neutral opinions or don't give a shit towards grimes hating and goblin posts
>>
>>69007769
>is what pushes anons who have neutral opinions or don't give a shit towards grimes hating and goblin posts
That means they're stupid and shallow. Why they hate the artist and not the poster? What Grimes herself did wrong to get so many insults?
>>
>>69007816
i think you want her to be hated anon
>>
>>69007888
No. You probably hate her and you annoy yourself when you see a Grimes thread.
>>
File: popstar_masterminds_in_lairs.jpg (253KB, 2259x480px) Image search: [Google]
popstar_masterminds_in_lairs.jpg
253KB, 2259x480px
>>69006873
>goblin
>>
File: IMG_2516.jpg (133KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2516.jpg
133KB, 392x500px
>>69007236
>>69007533
>grimesfags constantly posting giant walls of text with quotes from interviews where the goblin queen herself alledgedly said something that undermines whatever you just said
Is there anyone more mentally ill than you cretins

You guys are like rain man but instead of winning money you remember every word from every grimes interview ever
>>
>>69007934
no i actually think you want people to shit on her
>>
>>69007291

Objectively wrong
>>
>>69007949
Why do you always post this stupid pic

Wtf is it supposed to prove
>>
>>69007996
what does it prove is a better question
>>
>>69007260
Thou dost protest too much, troll.
>>
>>69008013
It proves you're an annoying piece of tumblrdroning trash

I think I can say that without a doubt
>>
>>69008036
what are you directing this at? are you drunk?
>>
>>69007982
No. I want you to get used to her presence and not act like you've just seen the devil. She's part of the /mu/ culture, you must tolerate her presence. Don't react like fuckwits and the trolling will stop naturally. I'm not saying you should like her, but at least leave the grimesposters alone.
>>
>>69007996
>Wtf is it supposed to prove
Not the anon who posted it, but on the left is Grimes and on the right is David Bowie (playing a role in The Labyrinth). You draw the conclusions.
>>
>>69007996
A) That if she is indeed a goblin, then she is in very good company
B) That 'You Bet Your Life' was an awesome game show.
>>
>>69007996
>A 16-year old girl is given 13 hours to solve a labyrinth and rescue her baby brother when her wish for him to be taken away is granted by the Goblin King.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/
>>
>>69008107
it's not like it matters. i'm just bored and dissatisfied with life, lulz
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.