[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /mu/ actually attempted to listened to this album the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Zaireeka_cover.png (524KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
Zaireeka_cover.png
524KB, 500x424px
Has /mu/ actually attempted to listened to this album the way it was intended?
>>
yes, went a listening party once
it was less than underwhelming
>>
I did with some buddies years ago we were very high but I felt it wasnt that much better
>>
Yeah it doesn't work. CD players weren't made to play at the exact same speed for longer than like 3 minutes.
>>
>>68975392
>>68975394
>>68975399

How cluttered does it sound? I can't imagine syncing CD players is easy.
>>
I tried once, it didn't work because >>68975399
>>
>>68975374
Yeah, at college once using 4 macs
It was pretty good
>>
>>68975412
It sounds very good for about a minute before you start regretting committing to it in the first place. It's basically a mess. Good songs tho if you listen to the mixdown
>>
just rip the CDs and put the tracks together on Audacity

Flaming Lips is a fucking mistake of a band
>>
>>68975399
>>68975431
You are supposed to reset the four discs after each track you dingus.
>>
>>68977104
They go out of sync almost instantly
>>
>>68977474
It's supped to be that way. Didn't you read the liner notes?
>>
>>68977104
go to bed Wayne, this album was a mistake.
>>
Why the fuck did i buy the vinyl copy?
>>
>>68977625
Because it was on sale?
>>
There's a pretty good surround sound mixdown, but it's fun to listen to proper even 2 or 3 discs. The challenge of getting it to sync is part of it
>>
>>68977631
I bought it for $40. Was that a waste? I feel like it was.
>>
>>68977667
idk I see it on sale for $25 all the time now. I almost bought it then realized how dumb it is. I have an original pressing of the CD, and that's good enough.
>>
I'm glad I have it, but it was the biggest waste of money ever. I only have 2 record players.
>>
>>68977708
Get some friends together. That's the point
>>
>>68977718
eh CD would be a lot easier. Not everyone can just lug around a giant stereo system.
>>
>>68977498
Yup I did. Doesn't make it any more functional
>>
>>68978085
So it's not functional if a disc is one second behind?
>>
I've listened to it properly twice, once tripping. I love it. It's messy but it's supposed to be and every time is a different experience. Setting it up is kinda fun too. I just wish it was seamless instead of having every track announce itself. Really takes you out of it.
>>
>>68978120
Ding ding. Now you're learning
>>
I've honestly only ever listened to mixdowns of it, but with that in mind it is definitely my favorite Flaming Lips album. Riding to Work is GOAT.
>>
>>68975412
>>68975399
>>68978120
>>68978622

From what I understand, the original intent was that it'd be slightly or very out of sync so that each listening session is different. I mean, personally that doesn't sound like a good idea to me but I've never tried it.
>>
File: Dopesmoker_(Reissue).jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dopesmoker_(Reissue).jpg
32KB, 300x300px
The best way to listen to pic related is while having extremely slow and loud sex with your hot stoner doom gf after four bong rips each

Prove me wrong
>>
File: ....jpg (60KB, 153x171px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
60KB, 153x171px
Can't you just layer the songs on top of each other in audacity?
>>
>>68977625
Is it just a mixdown or are there 4 LPs?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.