[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people unironically think this is good it might be good with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>people unironically think this is good
it might be good with drugs, if the drug you use is cyanide
>>
Not the best of all time, but Trout Mask Replica is super fun
Post your favorites, anon
>>
>I don't understand the difference between liking something and understanding it
>if it's not built out of the pop sensibilities I'm used to then it's bad, what that mainstream media forced me to think and enjoy is the be all and end all of what is 'good'
That is... Is this weak bait or are you an absolute moron?
>>
>>68972287
>liking pretentious shit that can barely be called music because Scaruffi said it's good
kys
>>
>>68972301
>implying
Where did I say I liked anything?
You just proved my point.
Trout Mask Replica was made to communicate something - like all creative works worth anything - and it achieves it and is therefore good.
I don't particularly enjoy Chris Burden getting shot, but it doesn't stop it from being one of the seminal pieces of 20th century art now does it?

You shouldn't be posting about the quality of something if you can't even wrap your head around the idea of their being objective quality. Good =/= I like it, no matter how much self importance you've got there, Chip.
>>
>>68972301
You do know that a lot of people thought this was a masterpiece before Scaruffi?
>>
>>68972625
>Before scaruffi
Huh?
>>
>>68972368
I enjoy the album

There is only one, maybe two songs that I would say are not meant to be pleasant: Dachau Blues and Pena. Dachau Blues is very stressful and sorrowful sounding, but I also hate hearing that horrible audio glitch when he says "oh those pooor jews" one time. Pena is kind of horrible sounding for obvious reasons.

Sugar and spikes, Ant Man Bee, Moonlight on Vermont, Veterans Day Poppy, Pachuco Cadaver are all very fun.

I thought this album was very gay for a long time and I couldn't get it.
I think a lot of listeners go through stages of thinking they understand it.
I thought it was retarded shit at first, then I thought I got what was he was trying to do and it was a gay idea. Then I thought it was a novel idea but not something I enjoyed and a few years later now I love listening to it.

Don't force it on yourself often, but try to listen to it every couple of seasons.
Your taste might change as you grow up and experience more things and ideas.

BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THIS ALBUM IS THAT ITS WAY BETTER TOWARDS THE END.
I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU LISTEN TO IT IN REVERSE ORDER,
>>
It grows on you desu
>>
>>68973238
Why are you telling me to listen to an album that I was explaining is good?

Also
>I thought this album was very gay for a long time
>using 'gay' as a derogatory term in 2016
That and all the all caps, on top of the terrible reading skills, tells me that I should tell you to calm down
>>
why do people always take the laziest bait
>>
>>68973296
yeah sorry only first bit was in reply to you no homo rest was for op
but then i guess why would i tell him to listen to an album he says is for gay dead people
>>
>>68972091
Fuck off montie
>>
I feel like a lot of people miss the humour in that album. Probably because of the context that people like Scaruffi present it in and the stories that get told about it's making. It's very unusual music that took a lot of skill to make but it makes about as much sense to assume that all of TMR is attempting to be deep as it does to assume that all of Frank Zappa's avant-garde works are supposed to be "transcendent masterpieces". Sometimes, a ridiculous sounding piece of music is supposed to sound silly.
On that note, Neon Meate Dream of a Octafish might be the funniest song I've ever heard.
>>
>>68972091
It takes more than one listen to appreciate the textures that the two guitars, bass and drumsbare creating.
Pachuco cadaver is one track where they did this well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.