[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can keep your kanyes, your indie rocks, your grimes, your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Bach-g-832x1024.jpg (166KB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bach-g-832x1024.jpg
166KB, 832x1024px
You can keep your kanyes, your indie rocks, your grimes, your simple pop "music"

I'll always have classical
>>
File: intellual musik.png (324KB, 539x617px) Image search: [Google]
intellual musik.png
324KB, 539x617px
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>68949752
this is dumb, there is a lot of great music that isn't classical. (proip: /mu/ only likes kanye ironically)

>>68949762
this is just fucking awful
>>
>>68949879
are you actually retarded?
>>
>>68949912
damn...............my nig Real Tedy is savaging that nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>68949912
>a fucking tripfag calling anyone retarded
>>
I'll always have dubs
>>
>>68949946
stay woke, family
>>68949948
eat a dick, cockstep
>>
File: 1469730367500.jpg (47KB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
1469730367500.jpg
47KB, 680x551px
>>68949752
>classical
>posts a baroque composer
>doesn't even post the superior baroque composer
>>
>>68949879

>listen to Bach's Art of Fugue once
>all rock musc literally loses dignity istantly in my mind
>can't get over it

It's sad, knowing that I'll never really appreciate post-rock and shoegaze ever again.
>>
>>68950943
If you were that literally retarded then you probably never actually appreciated post rock or shoegaze.
>>
>>68951001

You probably never appreciated any piece of music as much as I appreciate his Contrapunctus XI.

Are you sure that I am the one who is not getting it?
>>
>>68949752

So basically you're saying you'll listen to 300 year old pop. Ok.
>>
>>68951001
>being this insecure
Once you take the classical red pill, you can't never go back, all the other styles don't have enough thematic development or structural complexity to entice your intellect.
I like to think of music as actual music and introductory genres for people to eventually advance into real music. The first type being classical and the second one being all the other genres.
>>
>>68950664
>classical
>posts a baroque composer
classical != Classical

Do not try to play semantics if you cannot do it correctly.

>>68951017
>300 year old pop.
Please stop posting.
>>
>>68951017
there was pop music back then too. repetitive, simple songs played by minstrels in taverns for the plebs to dance to.

Very little of it has survived because it wasn't usually notated.

In 300 years no one will remember the popular music of today either. only classical will remain.
>>
>>68951237
>baroque
you know baroque was the most commercial form of classical music
>>
>>68951905
that would be romantic period.

Baroque period was either supported by the church or by royals / rich patrons in private concerts.

Its not until the classical period where we start having huge commercial concerts for the public. This culminates in the romantic period where hundreds go to ballets and opera and other concert hall pieces.

Baroque music can be quite difficult to digest, even for modern listeners. many people struggle to understand or enjoy dissonant Bach fugues or chromatic Froberger organ pieces
>>
>>68951930
>Baroque period was either supported by the church or by royals / rich patrons in private concerts.
funded by crowds or nobility, it doesn't matter. baroque was the most commercial music anyway
>>
>>68951944
commercial music is made specifically for sales, and to appeal to the masses.

Baroque music is the opposite. The composers were paid to write it in the first place, and they were either catering to themselves or to a select educated few, often with excellent taste and who played classical instruments themselves. Frederick the Great for example.
>>
File: die.jpg (12KB, 350x296px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
12KB, 350x296px
>>68952037
>often with excellent taste
>>68951960
making or intended to make a profit
>>
>>68952071
>making or intended to make a profit
that does not describe baroque period music. Most of the composers were servants. Their music mas made for their patrons or churches, they didn't make money for the music, more that their living costs and food were paid for and they were given a place to live.

Composers dont start organizing their own concerts for profit until the classical period. Read a book on music history.
>>
>>68952087
>they didn't make money for the music
>Their music mas made for their patrons or churches
>who paid them
I'm pretty sure Handel was one of the richest composers ever
>>
>>68950664
>implying anyone > Bach
heh
>>
>>68951872
eh simple folk would listen to Bach simply because they would come to mass and hear him play
>>
>>68949752

Ya ya ya fuck off already
>>
>>68952037
>they were either catering to themselves or to a select educated few, often with excellent taste and who played classical instruments themselves. Frederick the Great for example.
not in the case of Bach, at least not exclusively.
He worked in a simple church remember. All kinds of people would go there for mass or on christmas to listen to his pieces
>>
>The Pietà's records show that Vivaldi was paid for 140 concerti between 1723 and 1733.
>>
>>68952124
>>68952183
Händel and Vivaldi were both appreciated by their contemporaries though

Bach not so much
>>
File: whathaveidone.jpg (177KB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
whathaveidone.jpg
177KB, 832x1024px
>>68949752
I couldn't resist.
>>
>>68949762
>He doesn't study to classical
I pity your grades
>>
>>68952542
*tips counterpoint*
>>
>>68949752
May barren Angels love so
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.