[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one charting single in America and three in the UK
they never played a concert to 250,000 people in which over 2 million applied for tickets.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
they were never critically acclaimed.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.
they aren't even real a "rock" band, just major label manufactured product. even calling them soft rock is a stretch. they're nothing but the most effeminate acoustic pop, just shitty whiney twee ballads that only appeal to 8 year old girls, homosexuals, and pussy nu-males.

Wonderwall, their only geniune hit, is literally the shittiest song of all time
>lyrics are complete nonsense shit and repeated over and over again
>easy as fuck to sing but singer still sounds awful
>2 chords over and over
>bassline is just the root note of chord and nothing else
>drums are just simple 4/4 kick-snare pattern
>no other musical instruments present in the song
>ripped off of a 50s hit and stylized it to sound like the beatles

Oasis are an affront to music. Prove me wrong.
>>
Stop
>>
>>68940960
>oasis
The were overshadowed by the prodigy just like all artists in the 90s
>>
Biblical.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (9KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
9KB, 290x174px
>release Leisure
>it's shit and nobody cares
>the music press negatively compares you to The Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine, Ride and Happy Mondays as a shitty pop band who is trying to make a generic version of "real" music and capitalize on it (think Muse to Radiohead, Mumford & Sons to all other indie folk)
>try to tour the US and fail miserably because your band fucking sucks shit
>get mad at the negative reception your band is getting
>instead of stop being shit you decide to spend the next year telling everyone how you loathe American culture and it's all the fault of America and grunge that you're not being treated like the fucking second coming of The Beatles
>make the album Modern Life Is Rubbish with a bunch of songs about how Britian is GOAT and Americans are all fat stupid Republican redneck fundamentalists
>become a modest success in the UK
>follow it up with Parklife, an album that is more or less the same thing as Modern Life Is Rubbish but more commercially successful in the UK
>spend a year as the biggest band in Britain while the rest of the world does not give a single fuck about you
>suddenly Oasis comes out of nowhere and becomes a global phenomenon (including in the US)
>Blur is now no longer viewed as "cool" in the UK
>>
>>68941806
>Grahm Coxon starts listening to Pavement and tells his band that they should make this type of music to try to make it is America again
>try to make an American indie rock record with British wit to appeal to Americans
>Radiohead had already done this 2 years prior with The Bends except Radiohead just legitimately wanted to make this kind of music whereas Blur were just trying to capitalize on the US market since their homeland didn't give a shit anymore
>spend an entire album basically sucking America's dick
>it becomes a modest success for one song
>it dies out really quickly
>become forever known as "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>meanwhile while Blur is Woo Hooing all over American Alt Rock stations Radiohead releases OK Computer, an album that becomes as iconic as The Dark Side of the Moon or Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band almost instantly upon release
>Blur continue their idea stealing pattern and decide to ripoff Radiohead for their next two albums
>nobody cares
>get violent with Nardwuar in an interview
>nobody cares
>break up
>nobody cares
>reunite
>nobody cares
>hold a legacy as "the Parklife band" in the UK and "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>nobody cares

Blur are fucking shit. Even Oasis are better
>>
Fuck u cunt faggot.
>>
>>68940960
Oasis sucks shit, I totally agree.
>>
itt: anally annihilated americans
>>
>>68940960
Can't speak for the UK, but in Seattle the were shilled so fucking hard by Marco Collins it was painful, even though no one I knew wass at all interested in them.

Collins was a DJ at 107.7 which was a nationally looked to alternative station that 'broke grunge' or whatever and he had previously played the hell out of Veruca Salt and got them signed and national airplay.

Whether he was responsible or just early on the bandwagon, they got airplay (lots) and acclaim (never quite saw why myself) but in my experience never had a fan base the way Radiohead or Sonic Youth did, without the shilling
>>
>>68940960
Oasis had an opportunity to take over America right after morning glory but they didn't care about cracking there...
they were young and loving what they were doing without being manipulated by record/media moguls... they had their own integrety and wouldn't be forced to do fuck all
>>
>>68940960
FUCK.OFF

Oasis have AS MANY number one hits in the UK as the Rolling Stones and you don't see this shit bait about the rolling stones ever. Kill yourself blurfag

Go back to being a poseur
>>
I legitimately see nothing wrong with this post. In fact, I agree with it.
>>
uhh I don't really care if you like them or not but they were huge back in the day, a lot of people liked them
>>
>>68943325
u mad?
u seem mad.
>>
>>68941806
>>68941833
FUCK OFF!
>>
>>68941806
>>68941833
what is this meme

Blur never tried being Radiohead or Oasis, and they were fucking great at not being either
>>
>>68943273
they did?
>>
>>68941806
>>68941833
lool
>>
The "talking about Oasis in 2016" meme needs to die.
>>
>>68941806
ARE YA HAPPY NARDWUAR????
>>
Oasis are unironically the biggest band ever in the UK.

deal with it faggots
>>
>>68943855
they weren't even the biggest band in the uk in 1995 for the few weeks that wonderwall was popular
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.