[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums you aren't allowed to like because they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: talkingheadsremaininlight.jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
talkingheadsremaininlight.jpg
64KB, 300x300px
ITT: Albums you aren't allowed to like because they culturally appropriate
>>
Was the cover actually blackface, but they changed it because it was too edgy?
>>
Cultural appropriation is a myth
>>
Person of color here. There's a difference between an artist like Byrne who acknowledges his love for afrobeat vs someone like Elvis who stole black music and says shit like "the only thing a nigger is good for is shining my shoes"
>>
>>68938887
There's no evidence Elvis ever actually said that
>>
>>68938887
>says shit like "the only thing a nigger is good for is shining my shoes"

gonna need a citation there pal, I highly doubt he ever said that

And theres plenty of contemporary black artists who didn't feel Elis stole from them at all, that it was just the natural give and take between artists
>>
>>68938918
the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence
>>
>>68938887
>white people arent allowed to play this type of music
sounds pretty racist to me, Dequan.
>>
>>68938918
short of a death bed confession or a signed affidavit, what evidence would you expect to exist of a passing remark made by someone over 50 years ago?

Elvis' racial insensitivities are pretty well-corroborated and the remark isn't out of character for him
>>
>>68938887
I fuuuuuucking hate Elvis but he didn't ever actually say that mate
>>
>>68938983
so you're admitting that you're just making shit up
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 1200x801px
>>68938887
>person of color here
>>
>>68938887
PoC is a racist term because it normalises white skin
>>
>>68939045
woke
>>
File: DavidByrneBlack.png (914KB, 828x750px) Image search: [Google]
DavidByrneBlack.png
914KB, 828x750px
>>68938807
>>
>>68938983
feel free to cite those then

But bear in mind that even a progressive racially sensitive southern white man 50 years ago would talk in a way considered insensitive today
>>
>>68938781
but Talking Heads basically invented African music so...........
>>
>>68939167
This doesn't even make sense as a meme
Maybe if you said Afrobeat
>>
>people care if an artist says nigger

kill yourself
if the music is good the music is good
go do your sociology and ethnic studies homework kiddies and leave the music discussion for the rest of us
>>
Is this the same person who keeps making this thread over and over again or is there actually a single group of people that takes this as the sole example of 'cultural appropriation'
>>
>>68939516
I think it's mostly a meme
Don't take it so seriously
>>
>>68939465
t. republican
>>
>>68939465
Controversial
>>68939613
That's not an argument either
>>
>>68939655
>uses a fucking childish tautology
>asks for arguments
Just go away once and for all, will you?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.