[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard do you guys think it would be to start a movement like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: In Utero.jpg (240KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
In Utero.jpg
240KB, 1400x1400px
How hard do you guys think it would be to start a movement like punk or grunge so I could preform on MTV and tell my old HS Principal to go fuck himself for putting me in special ed classes?
>>
>>68931207

if you think you can bring grunge back you probably belonged in those special ed classes
>>
in the past, you would achieve it by being an edgy-contrarian guy, but now that is the trend among millennials. Consider that your target audience will be Gen-Z, what would they consider to be the qualities of an edgelord role model?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 1024x576px
It's already happened, and it's called Schizophrenic Pop.

https://youtu.be/pXRviuL6vMY

Get with the times, grandpa.
>>
>>68931236
fucking rekt
>>
No one person starts a movement.
A movement is a collective ideology held by many.
To be the leader of a movement you have to find one that already exists and just meme yourself into a spokesperson role like the Sex Pistols, Nirvana, or Shaun King did.
>>
>>68931277
Probably being a hippy, but with tech
>>
>>68931314
>"I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard"
Literally used Generic_Beat_99 to say that in a radio friendly pop song.
I wonder if he even notices the irony.
>>
>>68932347
ye, he mentions that in a later song about making appealing radio music vs what he wants to experiment with
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-07-13-17-59.png (564KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-07-13-17-59.png
564KB, 720x1280px
>>68931207
You basically need to be pretty, or a fashion trend
Pic related
>>
>>68931350
This. Find an existing, but niche, movement. Latch onto it and identify yourself with it so hard that you launch yourself into the mainstream as the face of this movement. Take a look at dubstep, for example, and how Skrillex became the face of it to the mainstream ear by being so loud and out there that everybody ended up taking notice.

That's what you do. Find a genre that's not too popular but not too obscure. Something that's just found its place in the world. Then meme yourself so hard you become famous. I'd suggest vaporwave.
>>
>>68931207
The next big movement will be a bunch of ppl acting normal weird. something like a mac demarco type who doesn't promote any edgy agenda. people will just release their music and talk to their fans etc

come back in 20 years when being edgy might be in style again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.