[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss how genuinely good this band, and in particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 613BBVSBnEL.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
613BBVSBnEL.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Can we discuss how genuinely good this band, and in particular this album, is? People make fun of them a lot for their "emo" connotations but the composition of their music is top-notch.
>>
>>68926672

This anti nu-metal phaze is strictly a 2016 thing, while I and many others no longer like the genre we can admit that the album in the OP and bands like SOAD and korn released some solid music back in their day.
>>
>>68926672
Their debut and it's successor are legitimate classics

Everything else is bad to meh
>>
>>68926729
When I was 13 hybrid theory was the most amazing thing I'd ever heard. System of a down also really blew me away. I've easily listened to toxicity in my car over 100 times

All the shit talk about nu metal makes me think I had shit taste but fuck it I loved those albums in the early 00s
>>
>>68926672
aHAHAHA
>>
Yeah, it's hard to draw the line where it started sucking. There dosen't seem to be bands like that anymore.

I want tool 2.0

Even a perfect circle got "nu"

There are good things happening with rock, though. Queens of the stone age already was amazing and is continuing to be fucking awesome
>>
>>68926729
The "anti-nu metal phaze" has been going on for a long time my dude. None of those bands were anything special aside from the fact that they were popular.
>>
I legitimately love
LP's first 2 albums
Korn's first 4 albums
SOAD's discography

fight me
>>
deftones don't get mentioned enough in nu-metal threads
love their whole discog
>>
>>68927614
Explain why you think they aren't special? Surely you must have examples.
>>
You ever notice how nobody memes about the song Breaking the Habit? That's because it's so good it's untouchable.
>>
itt: nostalgia

lol, for real thou senpai its just shit angst core
>>
>>68928964
angst is a very exciting emotion, that shouldnt be a point of criticism
>>
>>68928596
except there are so many better songs about addiction and loss. its still their best song and video, but ultimately there are just more concise songs about that topic matter, like anything by pat the bunny.
>>
>>68926672
Linkin Park is pretty not good, but Deftones is awesome even if they're nu-metal, and I'd argue that Korn's s/t is a 6.5-7/10.
>>68926729
>>68926838
>>68927649
Is SOAD really nu-metal? I've always considered them alternative metal like Mr. Bungle is, but maybe I'm wrong. What classifies them as nu-metal?
>>
File: IMG_0018.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just bought the record today when I was at Guitar Center. It really is something I can always go back and listen to no matter what anyone says about it.
>>
>>68929158
it doesn't matter, nu metal and alt metal are cut from the same cloth, with the only difference being that the hip hop influence is more prominent in nu metal, but korn wasn't too overt about that to begin with. and there's already "rap rock" as a genre tag so i dont know
>>
>>68929158
A lot of people consider SOAD Nu-Metal mostly because of the downtuned guitars. That's it really.
>>
>>68928964
this, are people actually saying any of these bands are good
>>
>>68929597
t. still a chuuni who just got into "serious" music
>>
>>68929630
>Transcendental Black God of /mu/
shut up tripfag idk what's worse contrarians who call good music bad or people who call bad music good
>>
>>68930053
always look on the bright side of life and creative expression and social developments and
doo do
do do do do do do
>>
>>68929167
Good shit anon. What kind of record player is that?
>>
>>68929167
What the fuck? Hybrid Theory is on record? Did they print these just for the novelty? Record players were long dead by the time this album came out.
>>
Once I decided that I don't care what other people think of me, I realized that there's actually nothing wrong with loving Linkin Park.
>>
I had that album and I like them OK. my problem with them is that all their songs seemed to be about being angry at your parents. I guess it's an important song topic but it always seemed like a way to sell to teenagers. And they are a bit formulaic in that all their songs are about hating yourself/your parents/your life.
>>
File: 1280px-Robert_Christgau_02.jpg (195KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Robert_Christgau_02.jpg
195KB, 1280x850px
>>68926672
Hybrid Theory [Warner Bros., 2000]
the men don't know what the angry boys understand ("Points of Authority," "Papercut") **
>>
>>68927649
this
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.