[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was/is wrong with Michael Gira? https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: rapist.jpg (46KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
rapist.jpg
46KB, 976x549px
What was/is wrong with Michael Gira?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysyB_rhAWs
>>
Gira seems like a really chill guy, I'd like to meet him
>>
rapist
>>
>>68902323
Getting repeatedly arseraped in an Israeli prison when you're 15 will do that to you

He seems quite a well-adjusted bloke really, all things considered
>>
File: me and gira.jpg (601KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
me and gira.jpg
601KB, 3264x1836px
>>68902349
He's really intimidating, but he's super nice. Shook my hand, signed my CD, and answered some questions I had.
>>
>>68902443
He's a sweetheart
He has a cynical introverted irritable heart and you can tell that he often doesnt really enjoy meeting fans etc but does it anyway on principle because he knows its kind and he, at the end of day, really is deeply appreciative that people get something from his art i think

he does his best.
>>
>>68902536
>cynical
Have you listened to anything he's put out in the last 2 decades?
>>
>>68902383
He didn't get raped, but he heard the sounds of an Israeli boy getting raped every night
>>
>>68902575
Still the sort of thing that would fuck you up
>>
>>68902660
He said it really affected him deeply
>>
>>68902443
what did he answer
>>
>>68902684
his sexuality
>>
>>68902684
Oh, he just laughed at my questions and nibbled my ear a little. It was actually not awkward at all.
>>
>>68902684
I only got to ask him 3 since he said he was tired.

1. When you were working with the group Ulan Bator, you stated you were in a stuffy little room. Do you prefer to work under these conditions? I hear you also turn off the A/C in some venues.
A: Cold air makes it harder to sing, Aretha Franklin did the same. Plus, I feel it makes it more intense.

2. Who would you say is the better guitarist, Robert Fripp or Arto Lindsay
A: Mmm I can't really compare them, they're too different. Arto is great, I saw him a lot when I played with DNA back in 77'. And Fripp, I like how self-indulgent his guitar work is.

3. Which Damo Suzuki era Can album do you enjoy?
A: Tago Mago? Yeah, I think it was Tago Mago, I remember hearing that back in 1974 for the first time and I was blown away. Oh, and I love the song Vitamin C.

And here are some questions I want to ask him if I ever see him again (or if some anon wants to ask them for me):

1. You produced US Maples third album, Talker. Their first two albums were produced by a different man, named Jim O'Rourke. Are you familiar with Jim O'Rourke's work and would you ever consider a collaboration with him?

2. The Glowing Man has you moaning over lengthy, noisy jams. Was this in anyway inspired by Les Rallizes Denudes?

3. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon stated in one interview that at one point you were in a relationship with Madonna. Is this true?

4. You have stated Alan Vega as an influence on your music, and included an interview with him in an issue of No Magazine. How do you think Mr. Vega's legacy will be remembered following his death earlier this year? How did you react to it?
>>
>>68902660
Yeah, but there is a colossal difference of being raped vs hearing the sounds of rape.
>>
File: 20161105_211146.jpg (1MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_211146.jpg
1MB, 4608x2592px
Was at a Swans concert a few hours ago. It was a assigned seating venue, when he got on stage he gestured to the first rows to stand up but no one did. At a certain point they had to take a quick break because of some technical problems, and he got on the mic and said that it was fine to stand up and get closer. After a few moments hesitation pretty much the whole place was standing and near the stage. I got in the first few rows (near the speakers with no ear protection. My ears are ringing) and I could see that big smile and grin of satisfaction that he didn't have before. He actually likes his fans, he likes people standing and swaying and rocking to the music. That's why he still does it after so long. And I don't know about all the rape stuff or any accusations of him being a dick or whatever. But you can't say he doesn't love his music or his fans.
Attached is A pic of the venue before he called everyone to stand. Don't have any from after since Im not a dick that takes uses his phone as a performance goes on. I took this one as they were setting up
>>
I had a dream last night where he had an autograph booth in my driveway, I went up to him to shake hands and when I looked at his face he had huge kawaii anime eyes
>>
He started doing drugs when he was 13, got arrested 100 times, left country with his father who he hated and ran away from, got departed from Israel then moved in some area in US where was constant violence and crime. He had a fucked up life
>>
>>68903960
he did fucked up things but he came from a very wealthy and safe background
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.