[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums whose reputations benefit from not being super popular.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0808.jpg (76KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808.jpg
76KB, 500x491px
ITT: Albums whose reputations benefit from not being super popular. That is to say, if they were as popular as Green Day and RHCP they would be essential pleb-core.

Pic related.
>>
Man I love TMBG
>>
>>68899830
i'm pretty sure TMBG hates that this album is as popular as it is. i saw them live and they played Istanbul with as much resentment as possible
>>
>>68900898

If it was up to them I'm pretty sure they'd come out with ukuleles and play Now I Know My ABCs for the entire set.
>>
>>68900898
The first time I saw them in 2011 they finished the set with a really loose interpretation of Istanbul and ended it with this noise rock freakout. Pretty awesome imo. I don't know that they hate Flood as much as they want to keep the material they've played thousands of times interesting to themselves
>>
>>68900898
>tfw Istanbul isn't even the best song on the album
where's the love for Sapphire Bullets?
>>
>>68901087
their best song is Doctor Worm
>>
>>68899830
>not being super popular
my history teacher literally played Istanbul during class
>>
File: 51YPREHFBRL.jpg (33KB, 304x300px) Image search: [Google]
51YPREHFBRL.jpg
33KB, 304x300px
Post underrated TMBG albums

I honestly can't understand the appeal of Apollo 18 but this made up for it imo
>>
>>68901624
Bump and further question, what was the last good album they did?

Personal answer is Glean was pretty worth hearing, before that No
>>
>>68902202
Not him but their past couple have been pretty strong imo. The Spine and The Else are also underrated, the former especially: the band themselves had nothing to say about it when they were interviewed for brief commentary on each album
>>
Their new shits pretty good
>>
What's even worth listening from them after John Henry/their first five albums? A lot of that stuff doesn't seem to get as much love it seems.
>>
>>68902707
glean is pretty good
>>
>>68902707
>>68904425
so is nanobots
>>
>>68901325
i had a history teacher who loved TMBG
>>
>>68899830
Literally every indie album.
>>
Whats the best modern album by them?
Post-The Else (after 2007)
>>
>>68905343
Literally every album
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.