[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where has guitar music gone? Why are there no new movements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Where has guitar music gone?

Why are there no new movements like punk, new wave, post-punk, grunge in the 21st century?

Why is it always old genres being revived instead of new ones being created?

Is guitar music dead?

What do you want to see from guitar music in the future?
>>
I think its because of the internet age and such
>>
Most people who pick up guitars these days are people that want to play their favorite AC/DC song

Alternatively, new bands that do actually form tend to comprise musical 'patricians' that only want to make feedback-infused drone metal

I am a part of the latter
>>
>>68894824
The internet has homogenized mainstream culture to the point that underground movements no longer get picked up and exploited by major labels in the way they were prior to 2010.
>>
only grampa play guitar xDDD
>>
why dont u make something then
>>
>>68894824
Guitar music is dead, unfortunately. The most we have now is a lot of psych rock bands for some reason. Maybe it will come back around again, but it seems like ever since Cobain died there can't be Rockstars anymore.
>>
>>68894977
I try. Not good enough at guitar yet to justify experimenting I think. I just can't think of what kind of music the world needs right now. Honestly it would be nice to ride the coattail of another movement instead of making one.
>>
>>68895004
This is what makes me sad the most. 90% of the bands that come through my area are fucking EDM and I've had enough of EDM shows. Hate the artificial feeling of it all. Like everyone there is just there to get wasted and wait for the drops. Sure it's fun, but it's nothing interesting or new and gets boring after a while. I want to feel a part of something
>>
>>68895044
All EDM is the same basically. It hasn't been a genre people tried to be original in for over a decade. Normally I would say guitar would come back around like it always does, but I think with how fast they can put out stuff like trap and hip hop and get it out on the internet instantly has ensured that music is dead and it's just background noise for normies to get fucked up to now.
>>
>>68894860
underrated
>>
>>68895021
you answered your own question. bunch of ppl in your boat who can't play worth a shit hoping somebody starts the movement for them.
>>
Futurist influenced avant-prog with Coldwave elements when
>>
>>68895374
This desu
>>
>>68895374
Good point :(
>>
>>68895283
>all edm is the same
man you americans really need to take a vacation to berlin sometime
>>
How do you even start a new music movement? Where would you find a venue willing to let you play your Bossa Nova influenced post-avant jazzcore?
>>
>>68895797
LA, New York, London, Manchester all have music scenes like this still. Or so I've heard
>>
lol. Stop worrying about rock dying. It's still out there and thriving. No, it's not ever going to be as big as classic rock and grunge was, but it still has plenty of listeners to keep it alive.

Don't buy into the "rock is dead" bullshit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.