[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides Hotel California, what do you think is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_o4rrd5IOaB1v0pigno1_1280.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4rrd5IOaB1v0pigno1_1280.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
Besides Hotel California, what do you think is the most pretentious song?
>>
File: slint.jpg (46KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
slint.jpg
46KB, 628x628px
Probably something on this album.
>>
American Pie, easily.
>>
Anything by John Lennon. It's unbearable how fucking cool he thinks he is. He also always sounds completely pissed off in his songs even if it's not an angry song. I don't know, he seemed to send out a lot of negativity into the universe.
>>
>>
peking o
>>
any godspeed song
>>
>>68881400
YES

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING WORDS TO MY THOUGHTS
>>
File: t7zm9c.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
t7zm9c.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
>>68881400
>send out a lot of negativity

Not picking up good vibrations, what a pleb.
>>
(in your weird cousins voice) haha yeah dude have you actually sat and listened to the lyrics to hotel california? that shits fucking deep.
>>
you guys are stupid

song's can't be pretentious, only people can

pretentious doesn't mean "LOL it's so artsy and weird but not really" No it means someone that pretends to have more knowledge or meaning than they really do.

No album is pretentious, but the people that think there are are actually the pretentious ones.
>>
>>68883745
this
>>
>>68883745
i think it's really stupid to call music pretentious because being pretentious has produced a lot of great, creative, and challenging music

that being said i still have no qualms with posting six degrees of inner turbulence
>>
Fitter Happier or Imagine. The messages in the songs, "modern life is killing us" and "war is bad", are delivered like Radiohead and Lennon are the first people ever to come up with them.

>>68883745

A pretentious song has the attitude of "this is blowing your mind" but isn't actually doing it. Either the creator's not as smart as they think, or their audience isn't as dumb as they think.
>>
>>68883745

this pseudo intellectual shit has to stop, obviously it wasn't meant as a direct personification of a song it means the inspiration behind the song is pretentious etc you are the same as people who correct people's grammar on youtube comment sections
>>
ITT: a complete lack of understanding what pretentious means
>>
>>68884132

you're literally misunderstanding the word of understanding you smelly cunt
>>
>>68884174

>gets objectively blown the fuck out
>proves this by lashing out unnecessarily
>>
>>68881400
>war is over
>everything with Yoko Ono
If he hadn't been with The Beatles, his name would be even more synonymous with pretentiousness than it is now.

But to hear people talk, he was a genius saint who never once beat his wife.
>>
probably [john cage oeuvre]
>>
>>68881019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fae4FQ4McSY

the entire album too
>>
Anything with Maynard
>>
>>68884377
>people just don't have the time for music anymore
>and no one seems to care

yeah those fucking kids amirite they should be listening to TRUE MUSIC like the music we make because we're really good musicians and stuff hahaha xD
>>
>>68881019
How is Hotel California pretentious? It's definitely over rated, but I don't see how that's even remotely the same.
>>
>>68881019
inb4 someone says "my music"
Now that is already a sign a pretension right there that you would mention your own music in a thread and not link it :/
>>
>>68884083
Where's your period?
>>
>>68884633

you're alright actually
>>
>>68881019
Probably a Drake Bell one, his music sucks other than Hollywood Girl.
>>
>>68881019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.