[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>itt: we clear up what the fuck thom is singing here i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: StanleyBear2.png (84KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
StanleyBear2.png
84KB, 600x450px
>itt: we clear up what the fuck thom is singing

here i'm allowed everything all of the time
vs.
here i'm alive, everything all of the time

[women and children] first and the children
vs.
first of the children
>>
I think it's the first one of both your examples.

I'm allowed everything all of the time

Women and children first and the children first...

That way those lyrics actually are complete phrases. Granted, that's not a requirement for a Radiohead song.

I remember reading that he cut up a bunch of lyric lines and threw them in a hat to combine them at random for ideas.
>>
>>68869759
>I remember reading that he cut up a bunch of lyric lines and threw them in a hat to combine them at random for ideas.
That's actually... a really good idea.
>>
hey in idioteque specifically, some of the vocals later in the track you can hear are loops chopped up by nigel of other lyrics in the song, kinda like in the beginning of everything in its right place, or the guitars in morning bell.
>>
when they play it live over the years sometimes he sings 'the first of the children' and recently
'this one is for the children/this one is for your children'
>>
>>68869817
>he doesn't know about dadaism
>>
>i will leave the/a wallpaper life
vs
>i will live the/a wallpaper life

It's true that some texts on their old site said "I live a wallpaper life", but the rephrasing with the "will" and the fact no one pronouncedäs "live" like "leev" makes option one more logical. Also the context of leaving a mundane wallpaper life to run away to the foreign legion makes more sense than living it to do so.
>>
File: hostess.jpg (50KB, 302x410px)
hostess.jpg
50KB, 302x410px
>>68870419
from an archived radiohead website 1/2
>>
>>68870419
2/2
interesting. wonder which one it is?
>>
>powerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangerspowerrangers
>>
>the most beautiful woman in the world
vs.
>this beautiful world
>>
>>68869706
here i'm allowed everything all of the time

the first of the children, the fathers to the children, if i asked you to kill me
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.