[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats with mu never discussing of montreal? Its my fav band and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 45.jpg (67KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
67KB, 480x320px
Whats with mu never discussing of montreal? Its my fav band and imo puts on the best live shows. Are there any om fans on this board? If so, favorite album? Favorite live stunts pulled off by kevin barnes? Paralytic stalks is easily my favorite album, and I loved rolling on molly on my 18th birthday my second time seeing them live.
>>
>>68854118
they get discussed loads
kevin has lost his mind
>>
>>68854118
fuck off. there are multiple threads every single day
>>
>>68854118
This band is trash, go listen to Will Wood & The Tapeworms
>>
>>68854118
>third generation Of Montreal fans
pls kys
>>
kevin lives in my town
saw him at the grocery store ama
(he buys pamplemousse la croix)
>>
i really liked their new album. it translated well to a live setting because it was so bass heavy.
>>
>>68854400
Ah shit you live in Athens too? What area?
>>68854118
Reporting in. OM's my favorite band as well. Their discography is incredible and one of the most diverse in pop music these days. My favorite's Cherry Peel but Hissing Fauna comes close as well. PS is up there as well, that album is fucking mindblowing with the cacophonous aleotoricism juxtaposed with brilliant dancey singles like Dour Percentage
>>
I've never been able to get super into them because aside from parts of albums like Hissing Fauna a lot of the stuff starts to sound very similar after a while.
Saw them live and it was a lot of fun though
>>
>>68854118
/mu/ loves this band are you fucking blind?

Of course Paralytic Stalks was their last good album though.
>>
>>68854690
>start to sound very similar

what other stuff have you heard? I'm shocked that you found it samey. OM mixes up their sound with pretty much every single album.
>>68854712
what did you not like about Lousy?
>>
Aside from a few songs the last two albums have been solid 4/10s. I used to love oM but Kevin lost his touch and basically uses the band as a vehicle to fulfill his narcissism
>>
>>68854944
meh I wouldn't go that far because he's still experimenting, but he's certainly fallen off a bit. He wouldn't be ambitious with ideas like working under an EDM influence on IR if he just used the band to fulfill his ego
>>
Bumperoony
>>
gay
>>
I hope the next album draws from the non-Aureate Gloom leftovers half of Innocence Reaches. Nursing Slopes, Ambassador Bridge and Chap Pilot particularly. Nothin more like A Sport and A Pastime though, please.

Ideally a sound along the liens of the end of My Fair Lady. That sort of dense chaos coiling around a strong, danceable beat.

The new lives shows seem like they could be rad as heck, looking forward to them taking the tour outside the US.
>>
>>68857690
I thought Chaos Arpeggiating was by far the best and most original song on the album. I would love for him to go further with that sound.
>>
>>68857690
Chaos Arpeggiating is super good yeah - one of my favourite tracks on the album - but I feel as though it's as far as he can take with the Lousy-through-Aureate sound; I'm not sure he can top it or create an album's worth of songs as good this deep into things. I think (re)experimenting with synth/ dance, in the wake of the experience he's gained since his last foray into that sound, has a greater chance at producing interesting results, opposed to trying to eke more out of the same sound he's been mining the last couple of albums.

I enjoyed Les Chants De Maldoror (this must be great live), Chaos Arpeggiating and Gratuitous Abysses, but to see the rest of the album beside those tracks end up being discarded, despite it seeming like the next step in his sound would be disappointing to me.
>>
>>68858400
Accidentally quoted myself, meant to reply to >>68858400
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.