[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other day in a Smiths threads some anon said he was listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: THEWILLSMITHS.jpg (17KB, 342x391px) Image search: [Google]
THEWILLSMITHS.jpg
17KB, 342x391px
The other day in a Smiths threads some anon said he was listening to their albums cronologically and he would only listen the next album after 3 months of listening to the current one. While some other anons say this was a good method of listening new music it was totally unheard of for me
Does anyone else do that? What are your methods?
>>
what kind of fucking moron do you have to be to post a thread like this
>>
literally page 11 bump because smiths thread tbqh
>>
>>68852085
The smiths suck, so yeah might as stretch out their albums as much as possible
>>
>>68852085
I was there too. I'm not that guy but I think it's a good way to listen to a new band you really like. The best approach is to digest it slowly in order to appreciate it fully.
>>
>>68852085
I started that thread but I've never done something like that.
Usually I move on once I appreciate the album I'm on and feel as if I want another
>>
>>68852085
3 months is a bit weird, but yeah I usually don't move to the next album in a discography until I've exhausted the previous one.
>>
>>68855058
actually I guess the 3 months kinda makes sense. for artists that are active, I guess you might have their latest album on rotation for 1-3 years while you wait for the next one, so it kinda simulates listening in real time
>>
>>68852085
Yeah, I do about the same thing but I don't follow a strict timeframe between albums. I generally try to listen to an album twice before jumping to the one.

It's really satisfying to listen to bands or artists evolve their sound. I feel like I'm transported back in time.

10/10, would recommend.
>>
>>68852085
He said he started to listen to The Smiths recently and heard only 2 albums. Maybe he said that just to fit in, like "Yeah, I already love this band, I'll tell them I'm just slow as fuck if they ask my opinion on the other ones"
>>
>>68852099
Chill, dude
>>
>>68855158
Well, listening to an album twice before moving on seem sensible and it's rather normal, but I find the 3 month thing surprising.
>>
3 months seems a bit long to me but hey, if it works. I generally give an album a week to digest before moving onto the artist's next release.
>>
>>68856118
For me, two listens is very rarely enough to have an album click. MBV took me 5ish listens and thats very short for me. Some of my favourites took coming back after a few months to click
>>
there's always (((someone))) somewhere with a big (((nose))) who knows
>>
If it's a new artist, I'll usually go on Last.fm and start with the most popular album.

If I can't access Last FM for whatever reason, I'll just listen to whatever album cover seems interesting, or whatever album their best single is on.

On a first listen, I'll usually only pay a little attention to it. Not completely background noise, but not actively listening either. It helps me know if I want to listen to it again.

Other times, a first listen is enough to let me understand that I may not be in the mood for an album's pacing. There are certain genres that I can't listen to if I'm not actually in the mood or ready.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.