[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lateralus Relationship Guide. Bare with me. The Grudge - 'Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93KB, 400x355px
Lateralus Relationship Guide.
Bare with me.

The Grudge - 'Fuck you, bitch' stage.

Eon Blue Apocalypse - Sudden collapse, exertion of anger has led to the setting in of pain.

The Patient - Arrival of said pain. The very worst stage, where you have to be taken care of, where you have to be 'The Patient'.

Mantra - The intervals serve as benchmarks to allow for transition to a new stage. Mantra being the transition from sheer pain to regret.

Schism - The onset of regret and denial. 'I know the pieces fit'. You know it could have worked if X,Y and Z take place. Yet, you ended it prematurely out of angst.

Parabol - The transition to acceptance.

Parabola - An epiphany. A sudden realisation that it's over. There's nothing more you can do.

Ticks & Leeches - One last stand. Your ego trying to hold on for one last fit of rage before the inevitable.

Lateralus - The evolution of man. 'Black, then white are, all I see, in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me; lets me see.' Showing the progress from a binary black and white view of live or die to the inclusion of red and yellow. Red and yellow being figurative for a spectrum of what can happen. Somewhere you will end up by the end of your journey.

Disposition - You have lived through evolution. You've survived Lateralus. Now? 'Watch the weather change.'

Reflection - You're becoming new. Not quite who you were, not a separate entity all together. Just...something new. 'Slay the ego'. Truly let go.

Something that was given birth to from a little expat I saw on Reddit. Thoughts? Where are you right now /mu/?
>>
Self bamp.
>>
>>68849944
Is this supposed to be post ironic or something.
>>
schism, end it there
>>
I really didn't get the whole "tool fans are the worst" thing until I went to reddit and saw people sperging out about fibonacci sequences and the occult.
>>
>>68850867
you should check the youtube comments on any of their songs if you want a good laugh
>>
WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL
>>
>implying more than a small fraction of /mu/ frequents have even talked to a woman, let alone had a relationship
>>
>>68851276
this
>>
>>68849944
That's such a gay thing to write music about if that's what they were going for.

For all the deep acid shit they associate with themselves, they apparently just made a breakup album like any pop punk band.
>>
>>68850152
it's hard to tell at this point with like 25% of posts, fuck i hate this website
>>
>>68849944
its 'bear' with me you idiot
>>
>>68849944
>The Grudge - 'Fuck you, bitch' stage.
but that's like, completely opposite of what the song is saying lol

not gonna read the rest because it's all probably really dumb 2bh
>>
>>68849944
this interpretation starts to fall apart a bit in the second half but i can see it. i mean, i'm certain the lyrics were simply meant to be ambigous and applicable to a lot of sitiations in life, otherwise i don't think there was much of a concept at all
>>
What are you, 16? This lacks depth in every way possible.
>>
Allow me to clarify.

No, I do not think this is what the album is about. It just happens to follow the theory well enough. It helped ease me through my last break up and makes sense to anyone who reads it. It is, indeed, very surface deep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.