[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New laptop, was sick of iTunes and all the bloat associated with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20161018-WA0001.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161018-WA0001.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
New laptop, was sick of iTunes and all the bloat associated with it - what music software should I use now? Why?
>(pic unrelated)
>>
foobar. google music for the cloud/backups [you can upload 50k songs for free]
>>
musicbee because it's better than foobar
>>
MediaMonkey. I don't know if you'll like it as much as I do, but it suits me down to the ground.

I use Foobar for some batch tagging operations.
>>
>>68837173
iTunes
>>
gonna piggyback on this thread to ask a question:

I have an iphone
which non-itunes program could I use that will let me sync to that iphone?
>>
>>68837617
syncing your music library with your icloud account or any kind of sync/cloud music based service?
>>
>>68838916
my media pc is an ancient laptop running vista and can't run the newest version of itunes needed to sync with iphones 6 or later
for this reason I'm unable to wifi sync, and I don't want to pay for icloud

thank you for your response though
>>
>>68839380
well i mean.. like i said above.. you can upload 50k songs to google music for free and there's an iphone app and browser interface. i don't know much about iphones and their itunes synching though. but this method will work with windows vista and could be the solution to getting your music onto your phone
>>
>>68839433
Oh, pardon my misunderstanding.
I don't really know too much about iphones either, I won this one in a contest, actually.
So would this method let me have physical copies of the music on my phone, or would it strictly be for streaming?
>>
>>68839468
both. you can download your music to your phone, or stream it if that's what you want. you can upload through the browser or this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1075570?hl=en

it will be uploaded to their cloud. then you open the app on your phone and you'll be able to download to your device [i usually make playlists since it's easier to download it one go].

i have 20k songs backed up for instance.. and i just download what i want to my device.
>>
>>68839576
That sounds perfect.
Thanks for the advice Anon.
>>
>>68839769
you're welcome. i feel like i rambled a lot and i didn't explain it well but i'm glad you got it lol
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.