[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a nice concert thread >Last concert you went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Let's have a nice concert thread

>Last concert you went to
Watsky last night.
Had a decent set and tons of energy. I just wish he played more from Cardboard Castles and Nothing Like the First Time

>Favorite to see live
Streetlight Manifesto
Damn these guys are insane. They'll set up an extremely long set and they just never stop playing. If you ever get the chance to see them live definitely go

>Bands/Artists you want to see in concert
Radiohead, AWOLNATION, and Kanye are on the top of my list right now. Skipped tickets on the Pablo tour and regret it
>>
i kinda want to see the anco show in jacksonville on the 12th but its a 5 hour drive and idk if it's gonna be worth it

i didn't really like Painting With, but i love their old stuff and i've heard their shows are fire

any experiences with Anco's new tour? what should i expect?
>>
>>68831702
Paradise earlier this year. It was a music festival but still. Had Kanye and Wiz and a few other guys. I don't go to concerts much

>Favorite to see live
Sample size too small. Ye was good tho

>Want to see in concert
Not much a fan of Slipknot, but I heard their concerts are crazy, would go. Would also like to see Bon Iver and Muse live
>>
>>68831751
5 hour drive seems like a bit much. Is that round trip? Feel like the drive home would suck

>>68831802
I've also heard slipknot is insane live. I've watched videos on YouTube, the moshing is crazy
>>
Inquisition with Rotting Christ a few days ago. Didn't know any of the bands, love them both now

>Favorite to see live
I'd say Death, Converge, and Behemoth

>Want to see in concert
The Dillinger Escape Plan, 'cause fuck their concerts are crazy. Gonna see them in february, just gotta wait. Also Car Bomb and Mastodon
>>
>>68831702
Kanye West
It was my second time attending the saint pablo tour and have already bought my tickets for a third time, best show on earth.

>Favorite to see live
Weezer or Kanye
Both are lit

Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips
>>
>>68833056
OP here
Just looked and there's another show near me in December
How much is merch at yeezy shows? I would love to get a shirt if I end up going
>>
Last concert I went to was also Watsky! Saw him in Toronto last week. Fucking Amazing
>>
>>68834819
>>68831702
ahh there was a time when watsky fans would be culled. How I miss 2012
>>
>>68835052
OP here
My buddy was really into him, I think he has some decent stuff but nothing more than decent
$20 for a fun night with friends was worth
What's wrong with enjoying energetic live music?

>>68833056
Found 2 4th row to yeezy for $50 each. Can't fucking wait
>>
>>68833335
floor will run you 150-200 if you buy in advance but there are usually tickets at the gate or being sold right before for like 60 for a floor seat, you can get seating for like 30 bucks. Floor is worth every penny
>>
>>68835415
try to sneak into the pit area, its really fucking easy. Security is weak. which show are you going to?
>>
>>68835458
The one in Ann Arbor on Dec22
>>
>Last concert
Tool

>Favorite
Crosby, Stills, Nash

>Want to see
The National
>>
>last concert
of Montreal

>Favorite
Starfucker

>want to se
animal collective

>bonus worst concert
tyler the creator
>>
>just saw
Danny Brown

>favorite to see live
Sunn o)))

>want to see live
Death Grips
>>
>last concert
Night Slugs and Fade to Mind meetup
few days before Hyperdub vs Teklife

>favorite to see live
Dunno, maybe James Blake?

>want to see
Kayne
>>
>last concert
adele last night, not bad but she talked about shitting her pants too much

>favorite to see
cage the elephant because of how amazing the croud was. every was super chill and i had an amazing time, or maybe opeth for the same reasons

>want to see
tool or regina spektor
>>
>>68836194
Auburn Hills***
>>
>>68837753
Cage the Elephant is up there for me as well.
They're just barely topped by Streetlight
>>
>>68831702

>Last Concert

Steve Vai at the Fillmore in SF- 25th anniversary of Passion and Warfare- sick show

>Favorite

Allman Brothers Band- 2009 Beacon Theater in NYC- Eric Clapton came out and played the entire second set both nights- I was 4th row- fucking amazing.

>want to see
Prince....guess not.
>>
>just saw
Dinosaur Jr

>favorite to see
Turnover

>want to see
American Football, City of Caterpiller/Malady and Loma Prieta
>>
File: greatest-shits.jpg (542KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
greatest-shits.jpg
542KB, 600x610px
Danny Brown about 2 weeks ago. It was okay; wish his set was longer and he was going through songs pretty quickly and he sort of came off as if he would rather be somewhere else. His diction and breath control were in excellent form though.

>Favorite to see live
The Growlers. Its becoming more and more difficult to catch them at smaller and more intimate venues, especially after the Chinese Fountain and City Club releases.

Bob Dylan, Beach House, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and The Magnetic Fields.
>>
>>68839529
How was Dinosaur Jr? They're playing pretty soon near where I stay
>>
>last concert you went to
Of Montreal
Super wild, super gay

>favorite to see live
Conor Oberst
set list was like 50% new stuff and 50% bright eyes

>want to see
John Frusciante, if he ever does shows again, and red hot chili peppers
>>
>last concert
Mowgli's, not really my thing

>favorite
Only other band was Swans and damn, that was intense

>want to see
Travis Scott for the hype but Godspeed would be cool as well
>>
File: rah_31844618627.jpg (70KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
rah_31844618627.jpg
70KB, 800x500px
>last concert you went to

Went to see David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall last month. It's like the "second leg" of his Rattle That Lock tour, I haven't listened to his new solo album at all but he didn't play much of it anyway, he probably did when it was newly released. Mostly Pink Floyd classics and a couple from On an Island. I don't love them undividedly like I did as a teenager but it took me back.

Went with my dad as a treat for both of us, VIP hospitality section too, it was ridiculously good. Tried to not drink too much free booze so I wasn't getting up for a piss mid-set.

>favourite
Purity Ring, seen them twice in small venues and they were amazing.

>want to see
Jon Hopkins, Moderat
>>
The last few concerts I've been to have been all locals. no point in name dropping bc i doubt any would know/care

>Favorite to see live
LCD Soundsystem for sure. Went to a show of theirs blind this summer. Didn't expect much. Always brushed them off as some lame indie band but they are absolutely amazing live. So much fun. They've definitely made a lifelong fan out of me.

I want to go back to the 80's and see The Smiths play How Soon is Now. Or see Nirvana right before they blew up.
>>
>>68831702
Saw Danny Brown recently, would definitely recommend it. I've been to 4 rap shows and he's blew the rest out of the water.
>>
Animal Collective at Observatory North Park, I got right in front by the stage and I had a blast. I'm not a huge Painting With guy but they sounded nice live

>Favorite to see
Run the Jewels. If any of you Anons get the chance to see them on their world tour next year, just go. Fuck the money, fuck if you disagree with their politics, just go.

>Up next
Death Grips on the 9th.

>Want to see
Kanye, who I am seeing on the 23rd, Neutral Milk Hotel since I never saw them on their reunion tour, Godspeed and American Football
>>
Saw Neon Indian a few days ago. The first opener (not on the bill, Harriet Brown) was amazing but the second opener (Classix) was absolute dogshit. They clashed so hard with my personal taste that I wasn't able to enjoy Neon Indian until about halfway thru their set, which was just alright. It seemed as if 1/4 of the crowd left after Classix were done
>>
Never been to a concert but Brand New and Modern Baseball are about to play a show near me on the 8th. I would love to go but I got literally no money right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 627x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 627x455px
>realize James Blake is playing in my city in a few hours (a few weeks ago)
>the venue is a theater I've never been to, all assigned seating
>get on Craigslist and check out if there are any tickets
>originally 25 bucks, guy selling a pair of shitty balcony seats for $100
>email him telling him I'll buy both for $40
>no reply
>find a guy selling two front row tickets for $30 and buy them off of him
>walking up to the venue 20 minutes before the show starts
>first guy replies saying he'll settle for $60
>>
>>68841407
I'll never understand people/ticket resellers that would rather eat the price of the ticket than to give it away/sell it for under face value
>>
File: Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png (174KB, 250x288px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png
174KB, 250x288px
>Last concert
Dweezil Zappa
>bands that you want to see
I want to see all of the aging rockers before they kick the can
>>
I believe it was Weezer earlier this summer, pretty fun concert
>Favorite to see live
Of Montreal puts on amazing concerts. I haven't seen them in almost two years even though they've came sorta close to my area in the past two tours, so I'm definitely going to try my best to catch them next time around

Just as far as bands/artists I haven't seen yet: I'd love to see NIN live, as well as The Cure
>>
>>68842179
how was zappa? i might see him this month
>>
Flat bush zombies. They left after some guy threw some water on them. Didnt even complete the set

>Favorite to see live
Anderson Paak. Went to see earl sweatshirt and he opened. This was before he got really big became a fan that night

Beirut and Andrew Bird
>>
>last concert
the hotelier, joyce manor in OKC

>want to see
sunn o))), AJJ, hiss golden messenger
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.