[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most complex, astounding, futuristic, groundbrea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 69363.jpg (369KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
69363.jpg
369KB, 1680x1050px
This is the most complex, astounding, futuristic, groundbreaking track ever written in the history of mankind, and no one for the rest of humanity can ever touch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMccwa-0vA
>>
You'rd pretty close but I would have picked another Aphex Twin song. No need to be so forceful with your opinions, man.
>>
>>68830961

I have never heard anything in my entire life in the level of this specific track, not any of the 800 released/unreleased aphex twin tracks or AE or any of the fellas. THIS IS beyond.
>>
>>68830949
Idk, its a bit shitty mate.
>>
>fedora jungle
lmao good joke pards
>>
Maybe you should listen to more electronic music fool
>>
>>68830949
go back to plebbit
>>
>>68830949
It's just pseudo-junglist autism with an uninspired acid bassline on top.
here's some decent jungle with acid basslines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_PBy0DsfAg
>>
>>68831095
I have been for the past 45 years. I have met Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, AE, Squarepusher, Ceephax Acid Crew, Mike Paradinas and many other in real life during events and discussed many things, and I repeat, nothing is as good as this.

>>68831105

> here's some decent jungle with acid basslines instead of Saint fucking michael

you literally know 0% about electronic music.
>>
>>68831116
ok so?
the only IDM autists who actually know anything about club music are Autechre.
>>
>>68831116
if all of this is true
mind posting some aphex twin vinyl with a timestamp for us?
>>
>>68831116
>yeah i loooooooooove idm
>aphex twin, autechre, boards of canada, the list could go on....
>>
>>68831126
sure! when i get home from work, i absolutely adore my collection, even have a few signed! :D

>>68831141

really, why are you so pissed off? for what reason?

>>68831125

What does this have to do with '' club '' music? that's absolute cancer
>>
>>68831116
how is it good?
It's just appropriating junglist culture trying to reach the same heights of junglism as an art form, while certainly being more ambitious it's also far more masturbatory and aimless than something off Good Lookin Records or Moving Shadow.
Obviously someone like you who has an obvious fear of being associated with something you deem "lowbrow", wouldn't know about these labels, wouldn't know what jungle is really like, because you don't go to events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnY5q-IYqfw
>>
If that's not Gantz Graf I will kick you in the ribs mate
>>
>>68831157
liar.

>What does this have to do with '' club '' music?
everything, what you are glorifying is nothing more than a misguided appropriation of club culture, a failed attempt at bringing the club into the living room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srcWfqYfDM
>>
>>68831193

> literally comparing ANY of this with Richard D's finest

absolute horseshit
>>
>>68831241
ok so how is this good?
>>
this is actually miles better and was several years before
https://youtu.be/2s25Q_GFGlE
>>
>>68831263

Ha, so ironic. I've met Orbital, They both literally INSANELY respect Aphex twin and love this specific track.
>>
>>68831193
>i only listen to dance music in the club, f-fuck living rooms!!
>>
>>68831284
i didnt say the aphex track was bad, i said this is better
>>
>>68831292
that's not at all what I said.
>>
>>68831298
it is. dont hide.
>>
>>68831298
>man, FUCK living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, and guest rooms, we're taking this to the basement. Real underground shit man.
>>
>>68831193

What makes it a "failed attempt"?
>>
>>68831193
haha you really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Imo, it does sound kind of stale compared to the links the other guy in this thread has been posting, but maybe it does sound more "futuristic" if that's your criteria. different moods I guess, but I prefer moods that are more upfront, which isn't necessarily lowbrow
>>
>>68830949
Although I fuckin love this song, autechre has many songs that surpass this under that criteria
>>
>>68831398

nah, i mean technically, emotionally, everything. To know how this is done and what year is also an impossibility. It is a matter of fact here, not opinion.

It took me over 14 years and hundereds of listens and I still find new stuff.
>>
>>68831409
In terms of melodies as well? and staying true to what you truly are and advancing something that YOU created? doubt it man...... doubt it.
>>
>>68831419
This blows Aphex out of the water by all those criteria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eg5dvsXVak
>>
aphex twin more like aphex isn't very good at making music
>>
>>68830949
Windowlicker is his peak, he'll never get close to that again
>>
>>68831427
I mean I personally prefer autechres melodies. If you prefer aphex's then alright. Autechre is king of advancing themselves. They never stop growing and left aphex twin in the dust long ago
>>
>>68831457
unfunny, kill yourself, etc.
>>
>>68831419
>emotionally
>It is a matter of fact here, not opinion.
Well, it's literally not if it's "emotionally"
>>
>>68831472
fuck you, it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>68831490
ah, true that. sorry about that part. but you know what i meant.. >>68831463
man that is horseshit, i know ae personally and they're all buds 24/7 and talk about the shit they've done. seriously
>>
>>68831504
You better get off your phone before the teacher catches you buddy
>>
>>68831105
Now that's uninpired
>>
If we're still gonna keep this discussion civil, I still think either Cock / Ver10 or Afx237 V7 are my favorite songs from Drukqs.

I've always thought the energy in OP's song fizzles out around 3 minutes in and only regains any impact near the end. The quiet parts don't do much for me.
>>
All IDM is laughable garbage with no harmonic structure to speak off. Intelligent my ass.
>>
>>68830949
the tuss >>>> anything off drukqs

>>68831105
>revivalist meme trash
go back to your containment thread

>>>/bleep/
>>
>>68831141
I have like 200 different artists in my collection for that genre alone. Do you actually believe I should be able to count them all up like a fucking autist? kill yourself
>>
>>68832325
Yeah desu I enjoy IDM but it would be cool if AFX took a few harmony classes on the side of his engineering studies cuz there's only so much one can glean from Satie.
>>
The argument in this thread is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>68832325
>>68832417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PYbIPaW_eg
>>
>>68832455
I mean this is a cool jam but rich already fux w devising his own tunings, I was thinking more along the lines of Mozart and Beethoven and their ilk u kno, like really elaborate tonal harmonic schemes
>>
not even the bast track on Drukqs

>it's Ziggomatic 17
>>
>>68832325
Maybe not IDM exactly, but listen to OPN.
>>
>>68831458
>bad taste
>>
>>68832559
that got boring ages ago lol
>>
>>68831116
If you've spoken to Rich, care to share any interesting tidbits on any of his albums? I agree btw OP, the emotion in that track won't be paralleled for quite some time.
>>
>>68830949
>open up link
>it's not Rhubarb
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.