[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "Nine Inch Nails was huge back in the day" meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: trent-sm.jpg (12KB, 241x272px) Image search: [Google]
trent-sm.jpg
12KB, 241x272px
The "Nine Inch Nails was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one hit in the UK and three in America
they never played a concert to 250,000 people in which over 2 million applied for tickets.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
they were never critically acclaimed.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.
they aren't even real a "rock" band, just major label manufactured product. even calling them industrial rock is a stretch. they're nothing but the most effeminate rock pop, just shitty whiney twee ballads that only appeal to 8 year old girls, homosexuals, and pussy nu-males.

Closer, their only hit, is literally the shittiest song of all time
>lyrics are complete nonsense shit and repeated over and over again
>easy as fuck to sing but singer still sounds awful
>2 chords over and over
>bassline is just the root note of chord and nothing else
>drums are just simple 4/4 kick-snare pattern
>no other musical instruments present in the song
>ripped off of an Adam Ant hit and stylized it to sound like Ministry

Nine Inch Nails are an affront to music.
>>
>>68821314
True
>>
>>68821314
Trying too hard to force the copypasta my dude
>>
File: 1477699043170.png (325KB, 392x430px) Image search: [Google]
1477699043170.png
325KB, 392x430px
>>68821364

>copy a pasta and change a few words
>trying hard
>>
I know this is bait, but I measure the popularity of a band based off if my parents know about them. My parents are not very interested in music other than mainstream stuff, so they would have to be fairly popular for them to know of them. My parents know about Nine Inch Nails.
>>
>they're nothing but the most effeminate rock pop, just shitty whiney twee ballads that only appeal to 8 year old girls, homosexuals, and pussy nu-males.

Ok now we know you're trolling
>>
Christ dude, you can't even try hard at remaking pasta.
>>
File: Stopped_reading_there.png (127KB, 1153x823px) Image search: [Google]
Stopped_reading_there.png
127KB, 1153x823px
>>68821441
>I know this is bait, but I measure the popularity of a band based off if my parents know about them.
>>
Who was this pasta originally about?
>>
>>68821578

Coldplay
>>
>>68821578
Radiohead
>>
>>68821314

>they were never critically acclaimed.

Scaruffi gave The Downward Spiral an 8.5
>>
File: fuck you kevin.jpg (172KB, 605x675px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you kevin.jpg
172KB, 605x675px
Nothing bad will happen to you if you choose not to reply to this post, but it would be nice if you posted "Thanks, Trent" anyway.

Thanks, Trent.
>>
>>68821874
Thanks, Trent
>>
>>68821874
Thanks, Trent
>>
>>68821874
Thanks, Trent
>>
File: emo-77363212069.jpg (37KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
emo-77363212069.jpg
37KB, 600x401px
>>68821874
Twent!
>>
>>68821460
lol that's the only part I agreed with
>>
>>68821578
Oasis
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.