[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How to Make a Cult Classic Album >A Comprehensive Guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: loveless.jpg (698KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
698KB, 1000x1000px
>How to Make a Cult Classic Album
>A Comprehensive Guide by Bilinda Butcher

- First off, empty your savings on cheap effect pedals and use them to create an extensive train. Turn the settings on every dial up to 10.
- Make sure you write your lyrics as shitty as possible; each line can have no more than 3 syllables full of loosely-related kindergarten words. It's part of le charm! Besides, we're going to mix the vocals so deep into the music that no one will ever be able to decode what the fuck you're singing about in the first place.
- About mixing the vocals, do everything in your power to obfuscate them. Try singing through a few pillows, even, just to make sure you really fuck up the vocals. But also record yourself singing the songs a ridiculous amount of times and overlap all of the takes so that it sounds like an army of heavily sedated versions of you singing with their mouths full of Kevin Shields' cum. That's the sound we were going for when mixing Loveless!
- Spend 90% of the time you use to record your record masturbating to the wonderful sounds of your own tinnitus. Trust me, it helps.
- Market to pretentious 'audiophiles' who haven't a clue what they're talking about. Make sure they bring up >MUH OBSCURE MELODIES and >WALLS OF NOIZE whenever they talk about your record. If someone doesn't like your album, tell them they aren't listening loud enough. The goal here is to really do your best to drive home that placebo effect about the record being a mind-blowing out-of-body experience if you listen to it loud enough and on the right equipment.
- Make sure you stare at your feet, frozen when performing live. Avoid having any stage presence whatsoever and play so loudly that people get dizzy because of the volume fucking with their inner ears.
- Recording has to be as slow and extravagantly expensive as possible. Do everything in your power to make sure whatever cute little indie label you're signed to tanks single-handedly because of your band.
>>
all you had to say is "i dont like the album" you sperg
>>
>>68821187
This is a good guide, but you forgot to add, "Make sure you spend 90% of your time recording the album masturbating to the "beautiful" sounds of your own roaring tinnitus," to the list
>>
>>68821187
sounds like Loveless isn't for you
>>
>>68821187
>Spending this much effort to be a contrarian on a contrarian music board
>>
>>68821187
I guess you could say Loveless is loveledless by you
>>
>>68821187
jesus christ dude why are you so angry that people like things you don't lol
>>
Did Kevin touch your butthole, anon?
>>
File: thee_0.jpg (754KB, 1197x1452px) Image search: [Google]
thee_0.jpg
754KB, 1197x1452px
>>68821187

This one is good I admit OP.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (44KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
44KB, 640x413px
>But also record yourself singing the songs a ridiculous amount of times and overlap all of the takes so that it sounds like an army of heavily sedated versions of you singing with their mouths full of Kevin Shields' cum.
I like Loveless but fuck it this was hilarious.
>>
Listening to Loveless is a transcendental experience for a lot of people, including myself. Sorry you weren't able to "get" it, OP. Heck, I'd be pissed too if I were allergic to Nutella or Coca Cola.
>>
>>68821187
That palpable anger, though.
>>
It says it's a guide for making a cult classic but all you did was whine about Loveless
>>
>>68821187

>How to Make a Cult Classic Album

-have a coherent musical idea that is original and groundbreaking by itself
>apply it as skillfully as possible
>that's it
>>
File: mbv.jpg (8KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
mbv.jpg
8KB, 215x250px
did they, you know, DO IT
>>
man, even with all those shitty practices outlined in the OP, loveless is fucking great
>>
>>68821311
jej
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.