[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Phil Spector and his 'wall of sound'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

What does /mu/ think of Phil Spector and his 'wall of sound' production technique?
>>
File: 1.jpg (243KB, 1044x772px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
243KB, 1044x772px
>>68810322
Popular music's greatest genius.
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNDIxNDUwMjU0.jpg (139KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNDIxNDUwMjU0.jpg
139KB, 1200x1200px
>>68810341
Brian would like a word with you
>>
File: 12.jpg (175KB, 620x875px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
175KB, 620x875px
>>68810444
>>
Great producer but a big weirdo creep in general
>>
He is a 'killer' producer, that's for sure
>>
Christgau thinks he ruined rock-and-roll by starting the trend of overproduction.
>>
>>68810322
Death of a Ladies' Man is one of my favorite Leonard Cohen albums and Wah-Wah is my favorite George Harrison solo song (not counting instrumentals obviously)...the actual classic stuff? Suffers from not having good material to work with, it's just good production, a lot of the songs aren't too great but some are proper classics
>>
>>68810444
gtfo of here with your beach privilege
>>
File: Pawn_Stars_-_Old_Man_2.jpg (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pawn_Stars_-_Old_Man_2.jpg
70KB, 300x300px
?
>>
some of the comfiest productions ever came from spector

shitty person tho
>>
>>68811542
christgau is literally shit opinions: the person
>>
>>68811603
can you name some?
>>
His Christmas album is the GOAT Christmas album
>>
>>68810444
Brian would agree
>>
He helped to change how music was produced, but I'd say it was Brian Wilson that changed music from either being binary, as in either just recording instruments or making a wall of sound. he helped production become an art in itself, along with Revolver and TVU&N
>>
>>68811542
Christgau is a faggot who thinks that shitty glam is superior to real music.
>>
File: wilson-cucked.png (42KB, 998x389px) Image search: [Google]
wilson-cucked.png
42KB, 998x389px
>>68810444
T O P C U C K
O
P
C
U
C
K
>>
>>68813053
wow, that sounds pathetic
>>
Remove this murderer from /mu/ immediately
>>
>>68810444
You obviously don't know much about Brian
>>
File: death-photo.jpg (125KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
death-photo.jpg
125KB, 900x450px
>>68811494
>made me chuckle

>>68811544
I do like what he did with Leonard Cohen's albums. We would've gotten there anyways over time like the opening tracks from The Cure's "The Cure" but he certainly streamlined the time-line.

From mental-floss:
> But once they entered the studio, the boozy camaraderie vanished. Arguments about songs and arrangements turned vicious, and as Cohen described it, the sessions became “armed to the teeth . . . you were slipping over bullets and biting into revolvers in your hamburger.”

> One night Spector grabbed Cohen, a bottle of Manischewitz in one hand and a revolver in the other. Shoving the gun against his neck, he said, “Leonard, I love you.” Cohen slowly pushed the barrel away, replying, “I hope you do, Phil.”
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.