[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - "31st of october" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 107

File: daily ges.png (12KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
daily ges.png
12KB, 468x468px
It's Halloween!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

https://discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>no minors allowed

The Skype group, along with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, is one of the wonders of the ancient world presumed to be fictional.

Previously, on /daily/: >>68739891
>>
Wishing a happy 45th anniversary to Pink Floyd's Meddle.
>>
File: Backlog Chart 5.png (3MB, 2294x2413px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
the adventures continue

Ganksta N-I-P - The South Park Psycho (1992)
>horrorcore, southern hip hop, gangsta rap

So vulgar and horrible it absolutely crosses over into "so bad it's good" territory. N-I-P's lyrics are obviously incredibly horrific. One doesn't have to look further than "Disgusting" to realize the true extent of how fucking vulgar this album is. "Went out to eat with a bitch that I hate / So I nutted in her cup to keep from buying her another shake / Raised up her dress, her pussy smelled like socks / I got mad and made her drink some period blood on the rocks” really only scratches the surface of the disgusting lyrics on this thing, and for how awful they are, I really do love them. They're just /so/ over-the-top, and they're delivered with a scary amount of passion and conviction. However, the pure enjoyment I get from the lyrics and their delivery is really the only majorly positive thing I can say about this album. The beats are alright, I guess, but really unmemorable and cheesy at times, especially with the overuse of the same gun sound effect. This kind of adds to the aesthetic of the album, but taken on it's own it's just lousy, lazy production. It's a good listen for today, but I can't say I'd ever give it another serious listen.

2.0+
>>
>>68800658
lol
>>68800891
when u doin circuit rider though
>>
Deerhunter's best album is __________
>>
>>68801060
probably right after gaznevada
>>
File: OctoberBoyz.png (3MB, 1450x1061px) Image search: [Google]
OctoberBoyz.png
3MB, 1450x1061px
John Fahey - The Dance of Death and Other Plantation Favorites

A good collection of Fahey from his prime. Great compositions on here, and a good addition to any collection of his work. Nothing as astounding as Vol. 4 or Fare Forward Voyagers, but still a incredibly pleasing to listen to.

GOOD.

Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Shining Skull Breath

This is one of Jefre's early recordings, and it contains some of his most caustic textures. Jefre deals with morbid themes rather than blissful on here, and it only works sometimes, at least in my opinion. The album doesn't have the sheer beauty of his other work, and this causes the album to feel quite dull towards the end. It's clear that Jefre isn't exactly in his comfort zone, and this reflects badly on the album. I feel like if Jefre were to hone his darker textures he could compose a great album in this vein, and as it is, this album is really nothing special.

EHH.

Morita Doji - Mother Earth

A good album from one of the greats of Japanese folk. Really beautiful guitar and vocal work on here, with some eerie melodies contrasted by blissfully slow riffs. The album does not flow as well as A Boy, in my opinion, but it's definitely just as worth a listen. Doji is an essential artist with a stellar discog, and this is no exception. The ender is especially impressive.

GOOD.
>>
File: Lulu.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lulu.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>68800658
>forgetting the best album to come out on October 31st

>>68801261
halcyon digest
its not even good though

>>68800891
knees and bones is quite cool but gets boring sometimes
k.r.t. wasitodiningrat is decent but you'll get tired of them fast. at least it happened to me in the one i listened to.
clifford brown and max roach make a good combination. a study in brown is funner though.

>>68801784
>koko incredible
damn right
prepare yourself for soul's true love though
>>
>>68800891
I was gonna be upset that you gave that a 2.0 but all your complaints are pretty valid. I personally love that he goes all out and the pure ridiculousness is actually my favorite part of that release.

Not for everyone though and I'll admit that the production is kinda corny.
>>
>>68801879
yeah i'm doing that one tomorrow, very excited
>>
>>68801261
halcyon digest is the best p4k-core release of the decade.

>>68801879
>a study in brown is funner though
yeah, i've gotta check that out too, i've got all of their collabs.

>>68802001
him going all out is pretty damn great, not gonna lie, but it's almost /too/ much, and the production doesn't really back it up, ya feel me?
>>
New iTunes is fucking trash what the FUCK.
ALL MY ARTIST PICTURES GONE.
FORMATTING IS ASS.
REGRET REGRET REGRET.
>>
>>68802314
itunes
lmao
>>
>>68802314
i havent updated itunes in like two years lol
>>
>>68802314
(should've jumped ship when turtleneck meme died)
>>
>>68802084
Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from
>>
some shit i've been listening to the last couple of days

>Colin Newman - A-Z
Not quite as good as the music he did with Wire but still great. He really delves into the synth stuff that they were exploring in 'Chairs Missing' and '154'. Fav tracks are '& Jury' which just sounds like a Wire song and the soundscape 'Image'. 4/5

>Various Artists - Back From The Grave Vol.1
I'm not sure how I've not listened to any of these Crypt Records compilations before, it's just the kind of dumb fun garage I love. I saw this after checking out the songs you played so thanks for playing Rat's Revenge and Jack The Ripper and putting me onto this trianglecubed. 4/5

>ESG - Come Away with ESG
This was great. Just the kind of repetetive rhythmic post-punk I like. Vocals were average but simple basslines, drums and tambourine are incredibly danceable. 4/5

>>68802314
It sucks. Updated for the first time in years with getting my new laptop and it can't even run properly in full HD.
>>
File: image.jpg (229KB, 1590x1059px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229KB, 1590x1059px
Yo' check me out y'all let me know what y'all think

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (1MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
1MB, 4000x2000px
[1/2]

Happy Halloween /daily/!

>Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention - We’re Only In It For the Money

I’ve only heard a handful of Zappa albums but pretty much everything of his has been a frustrating experience. There’s these moments of brilliance, surrounded by stuff I really don’t like. He takes stabs at comedy, throws in quirky little experimental elements and just basically does what he wants. When it works, it’s great but when it doesn’t… it’s just annoying.

That being said, I did enjoy the way he critiqued the hippie movement at its peak, which is something I don’t see a lot of artists doing. There’s some nice moments that come about on here as a result. Songs like “Flower Punk” and “Absolutely Free” have nice psychedelic vibes that make for surprisingly catchy songs. I think I enjoy Zappa the most when he’s using the doo-wop influence, I really wish he’d done it more. This is still pretty enjoyable though. I do think this is probably ranked behind “Hot Rats” and “Freak Out” though.

Zappa albums have all grown on me a bit over time so I’ll have to come back to this again in the near future.

3/5
>>
>>68802932

[2/2]

>Fela Kuti - Expensive Shit

God damn this is so funky. This is like 24 straight minutes of Kuti and his band just having a jazz/funk filled jam session that’s just incredible. I had enjoyed “Zombie” but never really got around to this for some reason. I do think this is a better release though, it’s just so energetic and awesome.

The best moment of the album is on the s/t track, at about 8 minutes, when piano comes in. It has a very Herbie Hancock vibe, it sounds a lot like that ‘70s Rhodes. Love it. And there’s a choir that joins in on the beginning of side B that was just awesome. All throughout this album, the rhythm section is just outstanding, they’re right where they need to be to make this catchy. The group gradually builds on these repetitive/hypnotic jam sessions to create two awesome 10+ minute tracks that never feel old. I think it takes a rare talent to make songs these lengthy so incredibly catchy.

I like that this is only about 20 minutes - it’s nice and succinct. I wish it went on longer but realistically I think I may have gotten tired of this if was double or triple the length. Regardless, is some good shit for sure, I can see this becoming one of my favorites.

4.5+/5
>>
>>68802314
Yeah I need an alternative, it really blows.

At least multi-track pieces finally get their own formatting tho
>>
File: Technovember.jpg (350KB, 1866x948px) Image search: [Google]
Technovember.jpg
350KB, 1866x948px
monthly chart done with lots of of memetechno yayyy
>>
>>68801261
Weird Era Cont.
>>
File: 4dc.jpg (13KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
4dc.jpg
13KB, 170x200px
halloween spooktacular in plug

get in here because I'm running out of halloween songs quick
>>
>>68803138
a lot of not good
>>
its lit
>>
>>68802314
Do you not use Spotify or anything? I only use Itunes when I can't stream anywhere else. The new layout is kinda garbage.

>>68802825
Huh, this is surprisingly decent. Not too big on the second guy though, he really isn't my style.

Also, I forgot how fucking nice that beat is.

>>68803154
>Not just playing the entire 3-6 discog
>>
>>68803308
Streaming is kind of garbage. One day Spotify'll poof.
>>
>>68803537
errthing will
>>
also rip plug
>>
>>68803666
spotify will kick the bucket before files hopefully
>>
>>68803692
you will :)
>>
>>68803537
>Streaming is kind of garbage.

I mean, I just think it's super convenient. I can play whatever I want at work instead of scrolling through files on my phone. That alone makes me enjoy streaming more
>>
>>68803002
It's honestly brutal. I'm not usually one to complain about updates, but all they did is remove important things and make navigation more difficult.

>>68803308
>Do you not use Spotify or anything?
Nah.
>>
Gaznevada - Sick Soundtrack (1980)
>new wave, dance-punk

The songwriting is pretty much dreck, mainly because I'm not sure it even exists. The grooves keep this album together, but there's literally nothing else of substance besides these grooves. They are great, to be fair. They're the logical conclusion of the oft-forgotten "mutant disco" genre, keeping the four to the floor beat prominent while making every other element as whacked-out and experimental as possible. Cool enough, and fun as hell, but totally inconsequential and a slight chore.

Circuit Rider - Circuit Rider (1980)
>psychedelic rock, blues rock

I swear, private press releases of genres I don't particularly care for are always ten times better than releases on actual labels. Private press releases always have an aura of mystique to them, and a general sense of amateurity that adds a lot of charm to the music. This is no exception. The songwriting is actually quite lovely, they know how to add blues influence without making it seem hokey and ham-handed, and they pull off '70s/'80s hard rock cliches without making them seem tired and overplayed. Gets /very/ generic at times, mainly with the songs about Harleys (ugh), but this is kept to a minimum, making room for some damn solid bluesy psych rock.

3.0-

(1/2)
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
>>68803966
(2/2)

E+E - The Light That You Gave Me to See You (2013)
>plunderphonics, sound collage

There are a lot of interesting ideas here, but they're executed poorly, too many ideas are thrown about at once, making the finished product seem too cluttered to be enjoyable. The pure sound collages are where this issue is the most prominent. Hundreds of samples are thrown together onto one sonic pallette, making something interesting, and with a lot of potential, but ultimately grating and not enjoyable in the slightest. The strengths of this record are shown when these collages are toned down, making way for the more vocal-driven tracks. Crampton has an intrinsic sadness to her voice that forces even the most cluttered, chaotic sound collages back down to reality, bringing together these two polar opposites for a nice happy medium. I wish these vocal tracks were more prominent, because as is they're still drowned out way too much by the cluttered collages.

2.0+

>>68803902
>all they did is remove important thing
that's all apple does desu

it's why i haven't fucked with itunes in years
>>
File: Folder.jpg (35KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
35KB, 200x200px
>Pale Cocoon - Cocoon
This is kinda interesting sounding for its time, but it doesn't give off the "mysterious relic of the past" vibe that I was expecting.
Some tracks have a proto-shoegaze feel to them, but they don't last too long.
I don't really listen to this genre of music much, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Though I think it's easy to say that Cocteau Twins does a better job of whatever this band was trying to accomplish.
Overall, not particularly engaging, but not bad.
I'll give it a few more listens as this is likely the kind of music that needs some sinking in time.
>>
when your ex of 2 months leaves a milkshake on your steps at 10 pm
>>
File: 繭.jpg (66KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
繭.jpg
66KB, 250x391px
>>68804291
I think Cocteau Twins is a pretty terrible comparrison other than the "ethereal" connection (which I would say is extremely vague), but as someone who is much more into the dark "spooky shit" I could see all those complaints as valid.

The square picture really trips me out. Please don't post this anymore.

I would probably say it isn't really "sinking in" music. You probably just didn't like it, which is fine because I feel pretty alone in loving it.

>>68804308
idktf
>>
>>68804384
i shouldn't even know this feel like who the fuck does that
>>
>>68804384
Yeah the square pic looked dumb, but I was lazy and it came with the download.

It could be (and likely is) a terrible comparison for all I know, but was this album supposed to be spooky?
I guess the beginning part was a little unnerving.
I'm hesitant to say that I didn't like it. I just feel as though I didn't "get" it. I feel as though I need to pay a little more attention.
I felt the same way about OPN - Replica, and now it's one of my favorite albums of all time.
The main obstacle to get past is probably the vocals.
>>
File: Coltrane Studio Albums.jpg (2MB, 2604x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Coltrane Studio Albums.jpg
2MB, 2604x1764px
John Coltrane - Coltrane (April 19, 1962 - June 20, 1962)

The calm before the storm. The early classic quartet shows they are very capable and adaptable on this set, mixing long-form songs with shorter tracks, and covers with Coltrane compositions. Even in their early rendition, the quartet shows a strong sense of interplay, and the musicians compliment each other beautify. The compositions don’t leave a ton of room for experimentation, but the quartet certainly pushes them to their limit.

The album begins with the strongest song, Out of This World (A Harold Arlen cover). Stretching over 14 minutes, the classic quartet makes their first strong statement with tight cohesive playing with a strong avantgarde edge. Coltrane’s playing is explosive and emotive while remaining rooted in hard bop, making this a perfect bridge for what’s to come. The following two cover tracks, much in the vein of Ballads, revert back to more traditional bop tracks with a little added spice. The band seems a little bored with the constraints of the pieces, and it definitely rubs off on the listener. Great playing and atmosphere, but the songs seem wrong for the band. The last two tracks are Coltrane compositions very reminiscent of India from the live album Impressions, albeit much more toned down and traditional. The same evocations of middle-eastern influences are there, but with a lot less emotion.

Overall this album showcases the diverse capabilities of the quartet in an uncomfortable setting. The tracks seem like a mismatch for the musicians, and the inconsistencies make the album flow poorly. The musicians are certainly fantastic and capable, but this set doesn’t do a great job capturing that.
Check out the first track for sure though.

6.5 /10
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
The Prophets - Conquering Lion (1975)
>roots reggae

Thick, heavy, deep roots reggae. The dissonance between You's happy, upbeat vocals and the apocalyptic instrumentals is great, and the major facet of the music. The bass on this thing is extraordinary, heavy enough to make my fucking headphones rattle, while the percussion switches the music up enough rhythmically to keep it interesting throughout it's entire runtime. It's still reggae, so it's still prone to some repetition, and I'm not entirely on board with the call-and-response vocals, but this is good stuff.

3.0+
>>
File: The Dirt of Luck.png (1MB, 914x914px) Image search: [Google]
The Dirt of Luck.png
1MB, 914x914px
Can't quite recall if I've posted this before, but it's been sitting in my notes folder and I don't think I have. If I did, sue me

>Helium - The Dirt of Luck
Grungy noise rock and pop from ’95, released on Matador (if that means anything). Frontwoman Mary Timony is responsible for a lot of the sounds on here, so I guess this is pretty much just her own little project.

The first half is a short collection of pretty basic songs, but effective in their catchiness and varied enough to not become glaringly simple. A few songs in and the simple noise pop mold starts to crack, like “Baby’s Going Underground”; featuring a long screaming guitar build, “Skeleton”; a sinister, jagged-riffed track (later used by Sonic Youth apparently?), or “All the X’s Have Wings”; very Slint-like in its soft-loud dynamic shifts and general stylings. “Oh the Wind and Rain” and “Honeycomb” are both beautiful slow-core tracks, while “Flower of the Apocalypse”—the closer—lumbers along dreamily, wielding a great slab of tortured feedback.

I love the grungy, sludgy aesthetic of it all, and even though many songs feature some unique identifying bit of unusual instrumentation (organ, xylophone, some weird vocal manipulation, etc.), it’s never overbearing. On the other hand, the album never really gets weird anywhere. It’s fairly safe. But it’s albums like these where I rediscover my weakness for good noisy guitar music, no matter how straightforward.
>7/10
>>
File: Wenn Der SuÃàdwind Weht.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Wenn Der SuÃàdwind Weht.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
Another review bump. Pretty sure I haven't posted this one either.
>>68805482 is me btw

>Roedelius - Wenn Der Südwind Weht
I wish every track was as cozy as the first. I mean, some of them are really chill, but that first track is just wayyy too cozy. Meandering synth over a simple, warm, snug little muddled piano rhythm. Mmmmm

Surprisingly memorable melodies on a few tracks for something so low key and new age. It sounds a lot like the cover, in a bunch of different ways (some are just plain lazy-cozy, a few move kind of like a stream, a few kind of just shine ambient, etc). I’ve never listened to Cluster, but I really ought to.
>7/10
>>
File: 1477236500201.png (733KB, 637x628px) Image search: [Google]
1477236500201.png
733KB, 637x628px
post something u cocksuckers
>>
something
>>
File: Hey.jpg (8KB, 212x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hey.jpg
8KB, 212x270px
>>68806361
>>
File: m b v.jpg (14KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
m b v.jpg
14KB, 316x316px
why is this so terrible?

I remember it just being sort of mediocre when I first listened to it, but it's really much worse than that, wow. Honestly, just one of the least exciting pop albums I've ever heard. I listened to it twice through, and the only parts I could find as salvageable were bits in "Only Tomorrow" and bits from "New You". Everything else just feels pointless. I won't claim that Loveless is perfect or anything, but everything I enjoy about it is pretty much gone. I guess I enjoyed Loveless for the reason I enjoy very little shoegaze at all. The melodies, while dreamy and sometimes meandering, are still simple, catchy, and almost always remain the focal point of the songs. Powerful and overwhelming guitar change-ups which are distorted/reverbed to shit (pretty much everyone remembers their first time hearing Only Shallow, especially if this was their first intro to the genre, which for many of us it was) which blew me away the first time, despite their simplicity. Here, I feel like all those moments which makes Loveless so relistenable to me are pushed to the very back of the mix in most tracks, or just aren't present at all. Take the synth-bits in" In Another Way" for example. If this were on Loveless, I feel like these would've been pushed to the front over the shoegaze-guitar rather than almost as a melody you have to nearly strain your ears to listen for.

It just comes SO CLOSE to being at that barrier between "pretty decent pop album" to "pointless nothing garbage" but falls just short so many times that it begins to feel like audible blue-balls.

3 or 4 idk this really left me unsatisfied.

I haven't written about music in quite some time, but hopefully this will cause some discussion. What do YOU think about m b v?
>>
>>68806361
https://youtu.be/w5OgdnvBFmk
>>
>>68806931
>audible blue-balls
That's actually the perfect description for that album

>>68806939
it is not ok how well that dancing works with the song
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
2MB, 4000x2000px
[1/2]

>Blind Willie Nelson - Complete Works, Vol 1

I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to blues but this is awesome. You can tell this dude is just pouring his heart out onto these tracks, as he sings various spirituals and soul-crushing personal tales. What really ties this collection together though, is his voice. It sounds like he swallowed a bunch of rocks before he started singing, it’s so damn gravelly. At first, I wasn’t so much of a fan but it adds this raw, soulful element to the recordings. And there’s a couple of moments where he actually sounds a bit smooth. This whole thing is rough and lo-fi (obviously, since it was recorded in the ‘20s) which adds this whole extra layer that makes it feel even more passionate and sincere.

Reminds me a lot of Key To The Kingdom, which is another one of these early gospel/blues recordings that I’ve enjoyed in the past. I’ll have to check out Vol 2 because based on this one, I’m sure I’ll love it.

4/5
>>
>>68807098

[2/2]

>Yo La Tengo - Painful

This is such a nice mellow listen, I loved it. This whole album has this hazy atmosphere that I absolutely love. It’s dreamy and ethereal like a lot of shoegaze I’ve heard so far but what takes this to another level is the organ. Whoever thought of throwing the organ into this was genius because it gives the album an even dreamer feel. It works perfectly in combination with the guitar feedback and the soothing vocals on here. Pretty much everything I like about shoegaze is in this album.

Unlike a lot of other shoegaze albums though, this has a brooding feel to it. It never feels quite too negative but all these songs have this weird combination of slow, noisy and hypnotic. A couple of these songs are a bit on the lengthy side, especially considering the nature of this genre but it works most of the time. Though the atmosphere on here is gorgeous and the instrumentation makes this a fun listen, it does get a bit samey after a while. I think I’ve said that about 20 shoegaze albums but it’s still applicable here.

I have no idea how to rank albums like this but I thought it was quite a pleasant listen with some incredible tracks. One day, this will feel like a 5 and later it’ll feel samey and get a 2.5… definitely a mood-driven album. Regardless, I think “Nowhere Near” and “Sudden Organ” are both just absolutely beautiful tracks.

For now: 3.5+/5
>>
File: 1475713648503.gif (1MB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1475713648503.gif
1MB, 248x189px
>>68807098
>Blind Willie Nelson
heh
>>
this theme is so ugly holy heck

>>68807098
would absolutely rec doing disc 2 (assuming this: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/blind_willie_johnson/the_complete_blind_willie_johnson/ is the comp you're talking about). Although disc 1 has some of his more popular hits like "When the War Was On" and of course "Dark Was the Night..." disc 2 has some very underrated tracks like "John the Revelator" and "Trouble Will Soon Be Over". I doubt you'll find it much worse at least, so I'd definitely recommend it.
>>
>>68806931
I remember thinking it was pretty mediocre as well. Nothing really stands out about it now that I look back at it. Then again, I never got super into Loveless either.

I'll have to revisit it now that I've heard your thoughts.

>>68807153
Fuck, sorry I'm tired

>>68807158
That is the one I'm talking about. I'll definitely have to check it out. Might do another writeup as well
>>
File: 1443133491629.png (37KB, 222x206px) Image search: [Google]
1443133491629.png
37KB, 222x206px
>>68807158
I don't know what your talking about with the theme. It's comfy as frick.
>>
File: 1476840864881.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476840864881.gif
150KB, 245x320px
>>68803813
My major qualm, besides having to stream all my music when my wifi is such shit, is the lack of permanence. I'd like to have my files on my computer. With files separated from you, there's a hundred possible things that could cut your connection.

Same thing with real estate. May be forcing the metaphor here, but you owning the land is so much more valuable to you and anyone else than you owning a lease on the land.

I feel like a conspiracy theorist hoarding trash for the apocalypse here, but I prefer to own my files over the convenience factors.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to switch though. I can appreciate the startup costs of switching from one to the other.

>>68807217
Loveless has a lot more bite to it. M B V is a wet noodle by comparison.

>>68807271
the link orange is a little bright, but the site bg, post bg, and post text colors are top.
>>
>>68807347
I can see what you're saying about streaming. It is a bit frustrating when I can't access Spotify cause I'm so used to it. And having your own personal collection, both physical and digital, is a much different feeling.

Also, totally agree about M B V. I revisited it and got about three tracks in before giving up. Feels a bit bland. Not terrible imo, just not very engaging
>>
why is the internet obsessed with stirner
>>
>>68807486
why's the internet obsessed with marx?

memes
>>
>>68807486

He has a funny forehead and a smug expression, and we all know that leftists are the best at memes.
>>
what is this haloween meme
>>
>>68802314
>>68802659
>>68803002
thats what you get for being software plebbos
seriously I didn't imagine so many besides jangly actually use the fucking thing

>>68807347
dude its pumpkin orange gotta have them pumpkins
>>
>>68808851
I do and I have never had any problems with it :^)
(also 2 attached to my ipod classic)
>>
File: honor killed the samurai.jpg (235KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
honor killed the samurai.jpg
235KB, 3000x3000px
reminder to check out AOTY
>>
Hey compadres what are you doing this first of november ?
I'm listening to Bathory's Blood Fire Death
:)
>>
>>68809073
listening to >>68809059, preparing exams for Thursday and Friday. I'll be hitting the gym with a mate later tho, which is nice.
>>
>>68809073
Listened to Bathory and Lutomysl so far. Now with Tormentor.
>>
>>68809483
having a good nbbmbmmbmb so far?

>>68809093
sounds pretty good, the pumping will only help at your exams

i'm listening to Hammerheart now
holy shit it's E P I C
>>
>>68810042
First day is always fun. Let's hope it stays like that.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (495KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
495KB, 1000x1000px
>>68809073
i decided i'd tag along for a few days until the threads get boring. i started with this and now i dont wanna listen to any other band for a while probably
>>
I hate acoustic music, any recs that'll hopefully change my mind?
>>
>>68812435
???

You just hate all acoustic sounds? How is that even possible?
>>
>>68812521
I just think it's dreadfully boring
>>
>>68812532
One of us is being retarded here, and it depends on whether or not you're fucking with me.

You realize acoustic applies to instruments besides the guitar, right?
>>
>>68812648
Whoops, I'll be more specific; I'm referring to music with acoustic guitar
>>
File: 98739697765.jpg (100KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
98739697765.jpg
100KB, 940x627px
>>68812667
>>
>>68812667
Phew. Ok, so like, without singing?

Fahey comes to mind immediately:
>https://youtu.be/9nby7DoM8rE

Also George Stavis, although technically most of his stuff is on banjo:
>https://youtu.be/dBMeSNiKBIw

If you want singing, that opens up a whole 'nother realm of possibilities
>>
>>68812755
I'm down for anything, so singing's fine.

That Fahey album seems pretty cool, I'll listen to it
>>
>>68812667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_97QJh6HE
>>
File: cover.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>
>>68812855
"itt: fuck you i like it"
>>
File: 1452564236513.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452564236513.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>68813008
>>
File: yum.png (931KB, 604x774px) Image search: [Google]
yum.png
931KB, 604x774px
>>68813008
pic related
>>
>>68813138
fuck me daddy
>>
>>68813204
This is a family friendly message board, please don't post things like that here.
>>
lmao who else here /gay/ ?
>>
>>68813008
>>68813530
i like animal collective
>>
trap-a-holics mixtapes
4 loud bangs
d-d-d-d-dj victorious
trap-a-holics, real trap shit
this chicago nword
automatic assault rifles sound

damn son where'd you find this

songs that may appear shallow and hyperviolent on the surface but only mirror the underlying situation of those segregated american neighbourhoods
>>
>>68813865
Is this one of those "memes" I heard so much about?
>>
Just bought a Plantasia LP reissue in new condition for $43 shipped

was that a good price?
>>
Check me out let me know what y'all think

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig
>>
otomo yoshihide or peter brotzmann concert? both are coming this week
>>
>>68814718

Brotzmann is old. Japanese people live forever.
>>
>>68814718
Neither, go see some actual musicians instead.
>>
File: 1472843254764.jpg (311KB, 942x705px) Image search: [Google]
1472843254764.jpg
311KB, 942x705px
Gimme RECCs for warm sounding comfy albums with somewhat lo fi production if you have any boys, something like Stratosphere or Space Museum, I don't know if I'll survive this winter otherwise. Will write up something on it later.

>>68813970
idk check discogs :>

>>68814718
brotzmann 100%

>>68813008
itt: fuck me i like it
>>
>>68814929
sth like this mayb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRes-AaalY&list=PLUm14RyqutJOvPnyPMj7S-ZfT3RCp37mP
>>
>>68814929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usw7Tr6foXk
>>
>>68815215
goddamn sounds right up the alley
thanks

>>68815307
will check this one out soon too
>>
>>68814929
you gotta do the logic songs by the little kid, wintery, lofi and comfy as hecc
>>
>>68816108
since the other people gave links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2LHdWPutN4
>>
/daily/? More like /dead/, amiright?
>>
File: saboten.jpg (39KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
saboten.jpg
39KB, 400x394px
Saboten - Saboten (1981)
Kind of a post-punk experimental album by an all girl group. Posting because the sound is remarkably distinct, quirky with some touches of darkness floating beneath the surface, and the playing style reminds me a lot of math rock at times. Plenty of instrumental sections. I think it's a solid 4/5 in my opinion
>>
File: SoS_FRI_Schedule.png (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SoS_FRI_Schedule.png
80KB, 500x500px
>Tfw seeing this because a friend had an extra ticket
Que bueno!
>>
>>68817695
looks neat, just how did they go from this to epic power metal ?_?
>>
>>68817768
damn, i really wish i could see my favorite band The Needle Drop Podcasts :(
>>
>>68813557
I really really like this post

>>68817695
I'm intrigued

>>68817768
So many good artists there. I'm jelly.

Also cool to see Tony moving up in the world
>>
>>68817914
:tony:
>>
>>68802659
The back from the grave comps are a goldmine
I get a ton of the garage I play from those albums
>>
File: topsters2.png (4MB, 1640x968px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
4MB, 1640x968px
12/16 are lower than 2000, AOTY (Ichiko Aoba) at 55
>>
>>68818024
shit wrong thread
>>
File: 1475072956095.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475072956095.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>>68807098
>blind Willie Nelson
>>
File: bmn.png (292KB, 1610x1610px) Image search: [Google]
bmn.png
292KB, 1610x1610px
New DsO is pretty cool, same vein as Paracletus, will be listening to this quite a bit too.

Good night.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (68KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
68KB, 540x540px
>>68818081
Not my finest moment, I'll admit
>>
#SaveDaily
>>
File: smilin_trane.jpg (19KB, 644x399px) Image search: [Google]
smilin_trane.jpg
19KB, 644x399px
shitposting from music class baka /daily/ is the only music class I need
>>
>>68820074
Don't.
>>
File: HRC_the_peoples_champion.png (575KB, 1648x857px) Image search: [Google]
HRC_the_peoples_champion.png
575KB, 1648x857px
Favourite pre-WW2 folk & blues recordings?
>>
>>68820909
bob bylan
>>
>>68821033
He's rock you idiot
>>
>>68820909
dob dylan
>>
>>68820909
Mumford & Sons
>>
>>68820074
we need a team of dedicated shitposters for this and stat, signs up are by the mess hall behind the barracks

>>68821088
you mean old dooby booby?
>>
File: pebble.png (90KB, 343x319px) Image search: [Google]
pebble.png
90KB, 343x319px
>>68821082
>>
>>68821082
more like stone
>>
>>68821194
Thta's a dob you bungalow

>>68821156
>dooby booby?
ye
>>
>>68821291
%\
>>
>>68821217
more like a solid aggregate of one or more minerals or mineraloids
>>
>>68820909
tim buckley
>>
File: OctoberBoyz.png (3MB, 1450x1061px) Image search: [Google]
OctoberBoyz.png
3MB, 1450x1061px
god damn soul's true love is massive, amazing so far tho, will get it done soon and cook up a new chart

Ichiko Aoba - Utabiko

My AOTY artist has always had great albums, and this album is the start of her rise to mastery. Utabiko shows Aoba's first guitar and vocal melodies that I really consider stunning, particularly in IMPERIAL SMOKE TOWN, a song that now stands as one of Aoba's most esoteric compositions. A lot of the tracks are weirdly ominous compared to her usual fair, and this usually works out quite well. This album's weakness falls with it's shorter tracks. On 0 and Mahoroboshiya, Aoba uses the short tracks to display very satisfying, happy melodies, but the shorter tracks on Utabiko come off as more unfinished than anything. However, Utabiko still deserves a place in the collection of any Aoba fan.

Ghost - Meliora

spooky shit spooky sHit thats some spookshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ spooky shit
>>
File: dale.jpg (88KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
88KB, 500x425px
>>68822129
you skipped one fuck-o
>>
>>68822194
ReAd ThE BeGInNiNg oF ThE PosT
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
George Stavis - Labyrinths (1969)
>american primitivism

Stavis doesn't quite have the way with melody or composition other primitivism guitarists have, but his sheer technicality is second to none. He manages to create such a dense, overwhelming wall of sound with just a single banjo, making for one of the most impressive instrumental performances I've ever heard on record. He even manages to make the banjo sound like a sitar at times, which also makes this the most raga-esque of all the canonical primitivism records. It does wear a bit thin by the 40 minute mark. Like I said, Stavis isn't exactly the compositional genius Fahey or Bull is, which makes a lot his pieces blend together and lose my interest by their respective ends. But /fuck/, this is some astounding banjo picking.

3.0-
>>
File: live how you die bich.jpg (20KB, 264x300px) Image search: [Google]
live how you die bich.jpg
20KB, 264x300px
>>68822258
I did but you skill skipped it turbo-fuck
>>
>>68822258
come on, you just have to listen to the first five minutes to confirm it's a 0.5 and move on
>>
File: boweryelectric-beat.jpg (81KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boweryelectric-beat.jpg
81KB, 1200x1200px
Man, this album rules.
Most of the songs are rather simple, but I love the atmosphere that they present.
It's so easy to get lost in the rhythm that I feel like I'm being hypnotized.
>>
is lesser matters one of the few albums that fulfills the "indie" stereotypes while actually being good because i think it is
>>
>>68822561
what kind of indie stereotypes, because theres the good kind (fiery furnaces) and the not so good kind (beat happening)
why spooky quotes, indie is indie
>>
Freeform Chart.png
2MB, 4000x2000px
Sorry for the shit reviews, I'm a bit tired today.

>Thelonious Monk - Alone In San Francisco

Yet another live recording from Monk. This time, he doesn’t quite get as stride-y and I think for that reason I didn’t enjoy it quite as much. Monk’s style is certainly eccentric, which is usually a nice change of pace. But here, without a backing band or as much of a stride influence, his eccentricity is definitely a downside in my book. The songs on here feel sharp and angular, which is a bit much over the course of this entire album. Maybe I’ve just heard too much Monk recently but I like his interpretations on “Solo Monk” much more. Wasn’t too huge on it but it was decently enjoyable.

3.0-/5

>Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

Man, this whole album is just packed with energy. In the hardcore punk tradition, this is filled with sarcastic/ironic tracks, furious guitar work and rapid-fire drumming. Everything about this is just fast and angry, I love it. The bass on here in particular is just ridiculous. It has that rockabilly flair that makes these songs really bounce in a unique way. There’s also an organ/keyboard on here which is quite bizarre for a punk release like this, afaict. It gives songs like “Drug Me” an anxious, almost paranoid feel, which I quite liked.

Obvious standouts on here were “Drug Me”, “California Uber Allies” and “Holiday In Cambodia” but the rest was still awesome.

4/5
>>
>>68822659
i mean like the vocals, song structure, production
>>
>>68822804
not an answer but okay i see
>>
>>68822933
I think he mean like "indie" as in how it's very bad music. Does that help any?
>>
>>68823005
but that cant be because of masterpieces such as long season brought forth by the genre
>>
File: 1391126841898.png (113KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1391126841898.png
113KB, 250x250px
>>68823045
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
what does DOUG DIMMADOME, OWNER OF THE DIMMSDALE DIMMADOME listen to?
>>
>>68823186
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dome/dome_3/
>>
File: Fish Warriors.jpg (111KB, 770x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Fish Warriors.jpg
111KB, 770x1045px
page 10 bump wew
>>
>>68824513

>Shinji Sato "died" in March 1999
>Hiroyuki started 2channel in May 1999
>Both have long necks and similar facial structure

hmm...
>>
File: Cottonwoodhill.jpg (353KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cottonwoodhill.jpg
353KB, 1000x1000px
>Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill
A maelstrom of searing hard psychedelia for track one, track two noticeably lighter.

But oh can I not stand the gasping orgasming female vocals all over the three parts of the following title track. Even though the backing music is decent, if a bit too repetitive, I just can’t get around those fucking vocals.

I absolutely hate it when music incorporates sexual noises and shit. Like god damn I can’t even listen to this stuff on my speakers. I’ll just watch some porn out loud next time, alright? Fuck me. Why.

The last minute or so is admittedly pretty dope, but since I listened to this album a week ago, I've only returned to the first track. I kind of got my hopes up after that surprisingly high rating from drop.
>5/10

>>68823186
>>68823206
:ok_hand:

>>68822537
Hypnotic is right
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
don't be fooled by the fact that I've listened to 7 albums in 2 days, i actually have a social life!

Fra Lippo Lippi - In Silence (1981)
>post-punk, coldwave

Everything here is done better on Joy Division's seminal Closer, and everything about this album sounds exactly like a lesser version of the cold, dismal sound nearly perfected on that album. The melodic basslines, the precise drums, the icy synths, and the brooding vocals are all here, and it makes for a solid album, because I love Joy Division's sound, but it also makes for an album that has absolutely no identity of it's own. Most tracks latch onto one motif and repeat it over and over again, which is really nicely hypnotic, but it also makes for a repetitive album, and one that clearly doesn't have very many ideas to latch onto. This is a solid listen if you're a fan of this kind of music or a fan of Joy Division, but it offers little to make it a standout of any sort.

2.5-
>>
>>68825303
ha nerd

Also I expected a higher rating for Stavis
>>
>>68825389
me too, frankly. stavis is a god on the banjo but his actual tracks don't grip me that much. still pretty damn good though.

also i totally agree with everything here
>>68824907, sex noises in music are my biggest pet peeve. I didn't mention this when I talked about Singles Going Steady like a week ago but "Orgasm Addict" is by far the worst track on the album by a sizeable margin because of the goddamn orgasm noises.
>>
what have i missed
>>
>>68825863
Everyone finally agreed that Sondre Lerche is the best pop artist today, it was pretty remarkable, never seen /daily/ reach a consensus so definitively and amicably
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
Death - ...For the Whole World to See (2009)
>garage rock, proto-punk

There's a low stretch on this album that consists of "Rock-n-Roll Victim", which is a bit too simple and hard-rocky; "Let the World Turn", an ill-fitting slower-paced track; and "You're a Prisoner", which is bogged-down by it's herky-jerky, start-stop nature, but the remaining four tracks are among the best garage rock I've ever heard, and would certainly warrant a 3.5 or even a 4.0 on their own. They absolutely master the simple, four chord garage rock sound, but they have so much passion and the band is so in sync that the tunes are elevated to a level of greatness proto-punk of this ilk doesn't often achieve. "Politicians in My Eyes" is the real highlight, mixing near-motorik drum rhythms which some absolutely filthy guitars and a raw, unfiltered vocal performance to make one of the most exhilirating album closers I've ever heard. Half this album is just okay, representing a sound done better by so many other artists, but the other half is extraordinary through and through.

3.0+
>>
>>68825863

Transgod made a powerful argument about why rock, classical, jazz and avant-garde music suck, so we all listen to radio pop now.
>>
>>68825863
a whole lot of memes and dead threads

welcome back though!
>>
>>68825863
cunt started shitposting
>>
>>68825863
hampus admitted to being my best friend
>>
File: Songs from Suicide Bridge.png (791KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Songs from Suicide Bridge.png
791KB, 1000x1000px
>Kauffman & Caboor - Songs from Suicide Bridge
THIS has been sitting in my library for some years now.

AND it’s americana n’ folk rock, recorded in a shed. A bit out of place in the early 80s. Nothing too out there on here, but it sounds to be situated a neat crossroads of being influenced by folk rock past and influencing the folk rock of the future. Like “Neighborhood Blues” sounds a bit like a Bob Dylan ramble with updated lyrics to reflect modern living, and “Life Without Mercy” sounds like a bit like Simon Finn in its devolution into rambling repetition a la “Jerusalem” or “Big White Car”. While “Angel of Mercy” sounds like something Father John Misty would run with later with some of that irony™ on top, and stretches of “Midnight Willie” predate the anti-folk sound by a decade or two.

ANYWAY, the album also really fucking depressing. Not in the oh woe is me I’m so sad kind of way, but in the really draining, graying, sobering way. Well, it’s a bit sad, but even in the passionate peaks, and the kind of cheery (beautiful, by the way) finish, and the more lighthearted bits, it still just leaves this weight on you.

After hearing this, I think I’ve been living too fast or something. Dunno. I’m just bullshitting at this point.
>9/10, it really hits
>>
>>68825863
fish moved on to greener pastures, got a life irl
>>
>>68827038

I miss naive, innocent Fish.
>>
File: gfrdrone.png (2MB, 1784x1680px) Image search: [Google]
gfrdrone.png
2MB, 1784x1680px
>Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions II
This thing was all over the place in a good way. It starts off with a super distorted guitar sounding thing that reminds me of the music from doom and then dives right into crazy drill and bass stuff. There are a bunch of places where the music completely stops and there is silence for a few seconds which really gives the whole thing a schizophrenic vibe. After the first two tracks finish with their crazy samples and song structures the third track caps of the album with a long form ambient track that is full of small pockets of creative ideas that link into each other over its 19 minute track length. This album reminded me about my first time listening to Replica which was also full of surprises and unexpected turns. green diamond/10

>>68826289
This looks really good, i'll have to add it to my backlog.
>>
File: dirt.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dirt.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
This really is pretty terrible.

Like I guess it's not a 0 out of 10, but I suppose this sort of thing is just a little before my time. The last track isn't a complete travesty, but it isn't really good enough to justify anything else about this album.

Usually I can deal with shitty vocals, in fact, I'd say 8 times out of 10 times the music people cite as "good, but I hate the vocals" are usually some of my favorites. This grunge vocal-style is so unforgivable. I just hate it. It's so ugly and easy to make fun of, and I really can't tell one grunge vocalist from the other.

Though I knew I probably wasn't gonna like it, I still expected SOMETHING. After all, it's the (supposed) 4th best album in this genre behind the other Nirvana and Pearl Jam boys (also not huge on, minus some cuts from In Utero. Add the first song from Frogstomp and you have pretty much every grunge song I can tolerate). Expected nothing and was still disappointed.

2. Fuck it.

>>68827115
same desu

why do all these anons love me all of a sudden anons have hated ol' fish-o for nearly a year now until very recently.

It's gotta be yamir I just know it.
>>
>>68827693
never forget yamir
>>
>>68827718
I willn't
>>
>it's a graduate-level class in poseurcore
>>
>>68827744
what the frick

I would take the shit out of this class

what uni?
>>
>>68827778
WHO

STOLE

THE QUADS >>68827777
>>
>>68827613
Now watch Magnetic Rose as you listen to Suite for Magnetic Rose.
>>
>>68827794
someone who made better use of them than you would %]
>>
>>68827744
one good artist in that list
>>
https://youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
>>
>>68827778
I'm gonna guess Cornell
>>
File: pizza.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>68827744
hot damn that's a spicy pizza
>>
Guillaume Dufay, Willem Dafoe
>>
File: BMN.jpg (806KB, 2048x1278px) Image search: [Google]
BMN.jpg
806KB, 2048x1278px
Bathory - The Return
Yeah, pretty nice

Judas Iscariot - Heaven in Flames
Pretty damn raw, good to know that people were doing lo-fi black metal in 1999, that's cool
esp. liked the vocals

Revenge - Infiltration.Downfall.Death
Pretty bad, stretches on for about 20 minutes more than it should given the style that they were going for
I get that they're trying to be really cool and dark and chaotic and misanthropic but the production is so god damn awful that at times it sounds like a wall of EUGH
comes across as directionless

decided not to do a pure black meal november because I have a tourney that I haven't even started
>>
>>68824907
you gay?
>>
File: 1476904202826.png (216KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1476904202826.png
216KB, 500x434px
>>68830676
ya caught me
>>
File: gay communist anime.jpg (62KB, 900x729px) Image search: [Google]
gay communist anime.jpg
62KB, 900x729px
GAY COMMUNISM FUCKING WHEN
>>
This is my schedule for Club2Club, so excited.

Wednesday:

20:00 - Anna Von Hausswolff
20:45 - Swans
22:45 - Powell
23:30 - Fatima Yamaha
24:00 - Amnesia Scanner
01:00 - Laurent Garnier
04:00 - Autechre

Saturday:

20:00 - Joly Mare
21:30 - Ghali
22:00 - The Rajastan Express
00:00 - Dj Shadow
01:30 - Daphni
02:00 - Clams Casino
03:00 - M.E.S.H.

Prior to the festival I'll meet up with Herb Kid, will provide pics! It's going to be a wonderful experience, I'm sure :D
>>
This general is the worst thing.
>>
>>68831620
no u
>>
File: possum.jpg (762KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
possum.jpg
762KB, 1200x800px
>>68831699
Hey fuck you buddy
>>
File: 1476923458077.png (42KB, 163x221px) Image search: [Google]
1476923458077.png
42KB, 163x221px
>>68831732
woah what the heck
>>
File: me.jpg (500KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
500KB, 1024x768px
>>68831782
You heard me friendo now get out of here before I kick your ass!
>>
File: brother bear 2.png (163KB, 573x801px) Image search: [Google]
brother bear 2.png
163KB, 573x801px
>>68831812
WHAT THE HECK
>>
>>68831819
Are you deaf or something???
>>
When you listen to rock albums/EPs/etc. from the 50s, do you find the slow ballads to be the worst or best part?
>>
>>68832485
We don't listen to rock music in this thread, not poseur enough.
>>
>>68831383
how are you gonna survive to all that exactly?
>>
>>68832485
We dont listen to rock from the 50s, no breakdowns or trance synths
>>
>>68831383
Damn, I'm jealous, lots of great artists on that festival, have fun there
>>
i woke up at 7 with a headache, i haven't been able to concentrate all day even though i've got an exam tomorrow and now it's raining too. who /miserable/ up in dis bish?

>>68832485
i personally haven't ventured into old-skool rock 'n roll too much, but I find a lot of 50s inspired ballads by modern bands to be wayyy more charming than they should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT_PwXjCqqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhTIaoP9Xc
>>
File: file.png (222KB, 1114x752px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
222KB, 1114x752px
>>68802314
>>68802659
>>68803002
>>68803308
>this many people using iTunes
WTF get Foobar if Windows, Enqueue if macOS, mpd+npcnmdpncpcnpdndpncpncpnddpdnpncnccc if Loonix.

>>68803537
Spotify is great, really. What do you think is wrong with it?
>>
>>68807347
You can have 10k songs downloaded to your computer with Spotify, though.
>>
>>68833469
>Enqueue if macOS
Sweet, thanks. I've searched around before, and no website ever has legit suggestions. Have you used it yourself? The details on the app store are a tad worrying:
>Features: growl support
>screenshots are from 2011
>Can't import AAC or ALAC files

>>68833469
>Spotify is great, really. What do you think is wrong with it?
I elaborated a bit here >>68807347
Mostly survivalist type crap
>>68833496
that's p cool. You seem to play a lot of stuff outside of spotify though. How's their selection?
>>
>>68833469
I might switch to windows anyway next time I need to upgrade my shit. The new macbook pro is atrocious, and I need excel more and more these days. Plus foobar.
>>
>>68832683
Lot of coffee and cocaine I guess
>>
>>68833469
I used MusicBee for a bit but it didn't have some feature that iTunes did. Can't even remember what that feature is now though so I'll probably change again since iTunes is fucked.
>>
>>68833600
>How's their selection?
Great for Trad and Classical
Meh for Jazz
Decent for Rock/Pop
>>
>>68833600
I've not noticed it not handling AAC or ALAC, I have very few such files, but it worked well last I used it. These days I just use Spotify on laptop though. Looks the same now as it did in 2011. I think you can find a torrent for it so you don't have to pay for something that's old and not updated.

>that's p cool. You seem to play a lot of stuff outside of spotify though. How's their selection?
Great. They have all of the UNESCO collection, Folkways, Ocora, INEDIT, etc. It's invaluable for traditional music. Classical music is a bit difficult because the composer is not listed as artist in most cases, but the performer is. There's a lot of stuff though.

>>68833662
Excel is on macOS though, I use it a lot. I hate that Foobar isn't on Linux, because I would want a Linux partition for general use otherwise.
>>
>>68833768
Interesting. I'll check it out. Do you use foobar on your desktop then? And what's the reasoning behind that?

>Excel is on macOS though
Yeah no shit, but it's hardly built the same. Although Office 2016 improves marginally in all these areas: It craps out quickly on large spreadsheets with lots of links and calculations (and I have 16GB of memory, it just doesn't manage its memory well), doesn't preserve links properly from PC to Mac or vice versa, doesn't employ the same keyboard shortcuts, and ultimately is virtually impossible to use without a mouse. I have it on my mac, but I usually go to my school's computer lab for modeling projects.
>>
File: mornin_pigger.png (250KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_pigger.png
250KB, 600x493px
Pig wake. Blasting Basho.

>>68833469
99% of the time I listen to music, I press play on an album and listen to it til it's done.
Maybe it's different if you make organized lists; I don't know. Can you make the case for Enqueue?
I don't understand why people get elitist over music players; if it has a play button I'm happy.
>>
File: last 7 days.jpg (392KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
last 7 days.jpg
392KB, 1250x1250px
also, for the sake of procrastination, here's my last 7 days.

>Love Tara
sweet lo-fi indie rock record. sounds really ramshackle to me, as if it's constantly on the verge of falling apart, but that's a large part of the charm. there's some legitimately amazing stuff on here (fucking My Room, oh my god) and some stuff that isn't really all that memorable, but overall it's a solid ass listen and it's fantastic autumn music. if Beat Happening x The Microphones x Dino Jr sounds appealing to you, don't hesitate to give this a shot.
>The Power of Failing
musically this could very well be the logical conclusion to midwest emo, but the vocals make me cringe (and I can handle some shit, trust me). i hope the whineyness grows on me, as this has the potential to be a fantastic album.
>Bottomless Pit
still pretty ehh, the synths on this record just sound spineless. works wayy better in a live setting where everything's muddy as shit anyway.
>Live From the Dentist Office
jazz rap with some great, hard-hitting production and not-so-memorable rhymes. It starts off really strong and sorta trails off after the first three tracks. Whatever Dude is a banger tho.
>Five Prostitutes
this sounds like Jack the Ripper himself wrote it, and as if you need to be Jack the Ripper himself to fully enjoy it. I mean, it's dark and it's twisted (which i love), but it's also too sloppy for its own good and it lacks standout moments. everything just kinda blends together which makes it go from "emotionally draining" to "mind-numbing" really quick.

(1/2 i guess)
>>
File: file.png (249KB, 1114x752px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
249KB, 1114x752px
>>68833910
>Interesting. I'll check it out. Do you use foobar on your desktop then? And what's the reasoning behind that?
Yeah. Because I'm horny for collecting music like a disgusting hoarder. I download as much as I can and use streaming to fill the gaps.

>Yeah no shit, but it's hardly built the same. Although Office 2016 improves marginally in all these areas: It craps out quickly on large spreadsheets with lots of links and calculations (and I have 16GB of memory, it just doesn't manage its memory well), doesn't preserve links properly from PC to Mac or vice versa, doesn't employ the same keyboard shortcuts, and ultimately is virtually impossible to use without a mouse. I have it on my mac, but I usually go to my school's computer lab for modeling projects.
Fair enough, I don't work with that large datasheets on my laptop desu. Will probably switch to Linux entirely when I buy my next laptop. Gonna keep this MacBook Pro 2011 as long as possible, though. Might upgrade the RAM a bit and it'll keep on working for a while more. Really do want to mess with Arch again, and would love a Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

>>68833939
iTunes sucks because it's hilariously resource inefficient, has a dinked out interface (which gets worse and worse every update), doesn't allow any customization, and doesn't play many popular file formats (FLAC and APE most importantly - does it support OGG these days?). I think it also requires an Apple account? Either way it most definitely tracks your habits and shit, fuck that. I don't want a media player with a store built in.
>>
>>68833960
>Fading Lines
inoffensive indie pop from the woman behind Boner Petit (a local garage pop band whose EP i really liked, give it a shot if you've got a couple of minutes https://soundcloud.com/purple-noise-record-club/sets/boner-petit). it's just...pleasant, but it never really grabbed my attention.
>Songs About Leaving
let's repeat the same song for an 45 minutes and see if anyone notices
>Golevka
basic crescendocore that's just raw enough to set it apart from the dozens of other inoffensive EITS soundalikes (the loud moments actually moved me at times!). the opener track even deviates from standard crescendocore stucture, but the rest of the record quickly devolves into just that, completely with nauseatingly "pretty" clean guitar lines and spoken word samples. it's not bad, i just don't see how it sets itself apart from GYBE or even fucking This Will Destroy You.
>>
>>68834000
I was actually very happy with Itunes until the last update. There's some annoying shit, but noting unmanageable.
This last update is pretty unmanageable.
>which gets worse and worse every update
Pretty dumb statement imo. You really think the launch version was the best version? Sure they make some missteps but I thought it was pretty decent until this last update.
Considering downloading Enqueue and trying it out - I just have so much already invested into itunes at this point. Maybe I'll return after they fix this garbage.
>FLAC and APE most importantly - does it support OGG these days?)
Nah, I use a converter which is a little annoying.
>>
>>68834000
>I download as much as I can and use streaming to fill the gaps.
same

>>68834100
Well, apple purchased the player from some dudes, and rebranded it iTunes (2001). The original guys worked on it for a little while, then it's unclear where they went, and Apple quickly integrated the store (2003). They haven't improved the core organization of the music library in years, and just keep adding other random crap. It was alright until a few years ago, albeit bloated, but they literally keep removing customizable features by the update. They should be compartmentalizing the main features, such as the store, movies, podcasts, etc, like they do on the phone, while keeping the customizability. But they don't, because they're trying to reinvent the design process with their heads up their asses.

>Nah, I use a converter which is a little annoying.
Same. FLAC to ALAC is actually a breeze though
>>
>>68834264
Oh I agree, this format is retarded. It's a little trivial to suggest EVERY update made it worse, though.
I spent fucking hours changing the albums I wanted to appear by the artists' name to sort as "aaa" so it'd show up there.
<-- This is how it looks now - tiny circles showing the artist picture that works 1% of the time.
Really great for navigation, fuck yourself Apple.

Where can I send angry letters to?
>>
File: haha get rekt jangle.png (3MB, 1887x993px) Image search: [Google]
haha get rekt jangle.png
3MB, 1887x993px
>>68834457
shouldna done it ya bloody drongo
>>
>>68834499
>dividing double albums
ew
>>
>>68834499
Nice double album covers you walnut
>>
>>68834531
Copper Disc and Silver disc yes, intentionally,
Six and Cuts fucked up in the transfer process (Six is secretly one 40 minute album)

note the presence of Naked Diza Star. Smile and Point at the Mountain and Napleon and Josephine there, all double albums
>>
File: topsters2 (1).jpg (541KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).jpg
541KB, 1680x1680px
>>68833960
I feel if I don't share these semi-often then I'm autistic for making them.
Behold, my last 25 album listens.
>>
>>68834591
in that case getcho shit together t b h
>>68834605
why is Gas so overrated
>>
File: david foster wallace.png (220KB, 347x440px) Image search: [Google]
david foster wallace.png
220KB, 347x440px
>>68834605
>Pop Grewp
ew
>>
File: 1467904712776.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467904712776.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>68834662
>>68834659
>>
>>68834659
>why is Gas so overrated
well first of all their corporate design is on point
>>
File: homr.jpg (5KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
homr.jpg
5KB, 233x217px
>>68834725
no but The Pop Group is terrible and anybody that likes them is a fucking liar
>>
>>68834795
k
>>
>>68834795
my god, scaruffi's a liar
>>
>>68833702
>cocaine
lmao idiot, are your poor decisions informed by your Russian heritage or your interaction with Italians?
>>
>>68834795
Pop Group are fine. Not amazing but they have a few good songs. They also have some shit tho.
>>
>>68834100
>You really think the launch version was the best version?
No, but there was definitely a peak somewhere around, I dunno, 2005-2006? Where it actually functioned as an acceptable media player for people forced into using it to put music on their iPods.

>I just have so much already invested into itunes at this point
Lol wat? How?

>>68834499
>>68834531
>>68834558
>not using a custom %discsubtitle% tag to automatically let Foobar sort the files into a single album folder but letting it display as two separate albums if you want in the library browser
>>
File: wew.jpg (495KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
495KB, 1250x1250px
>>68834605
>all that fish-core
I'm gonna cum!!!!!!

>>68834795
whoops!
>>
File: collage.jpg (258KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
258KB, 1024x1024px
>>68834605
Pretty decent. Still gotta finish the Dylan and do reviews on Bjork and Veloso albums though.

Also, I forgot how streaky Jay-Z's career was. He literally has this fucking awful Mariah Carey song on the same album as "Big Pimpin". Sounds like he played the beat on a recorder, it's so terrible.
Same goes for Snoop.
>>
File: meth rollins deletes you.jpg (29KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
meth rollins deletes you.jpg
29KB, 450x315px
>>68836266
Black toothpaste HOW SATIRIC!
You get it, because conventionally toothpaste is supposed to help with oral hygiene, but this toothpaste is black and is therefore implied to be dirty or bad for you in some way...
Truly they are the masters of subtle political discourse

fish, YOU HAVE BEEN DELETED, YOU ARE NOW OBSOLETE
>>
>>68837446
lmao take a chill pill brah I already said it wasn't good >>68778411

aren't australians supposed to be good at shitposting? smdh!
>>
File: what.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>68833960
>>68836266
>>68836923
>tfw last.fm wiped your entire listening data for no apparent reason
wtf I hate last.fm now

seriously, this was the only good feature last.fm had left..
>>
File: ye yeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg (83KB, 522x348px) Image search: [Google]
ye yeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg
83KB, 522x348px
>>68837742
Hey look I'll shitpost like an Australian
>he doesn't get post-avant-pre-new-sincere-irony, what a fucken pleb
>I cannot form a meaningful relationship to people because literally everything is a meme, or is it, what level of Irony am I on, I have lost track

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME, IS THIS MY FUNCTION
>>
>>68838021
only ozzie I've ever met irl is a guy I'd deliver pizza to pretty much every friday. He always tipped me reaaally well. Like, $15 every time (ironically, I'd presume).
>>
>>68838141
Aussies don't tip because we pay out waiters enough money in their salary, that's an android, tread carefully
>>
btw this album is excellent, it's like The Music Tapes stripped back their sound even further and got really into Elliott Smiff and other sadboys like him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcAQfgoamXY
>>
anyone know any good DNS extensions for Safari? I have been using mediahint but it stopped working a couple of days ago.
x
>>
>>68837446
i like that black stuff
i like the look and smell of tar
i like that black stuff from that tool video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElaqhquY00
if sth like that came out of black dick id cuck'ol' my waifu
>>
>>68800628

Should I join /daily/? Never posted/browsed these threads before, but it sounds like the concept here is if /mu/ actually talked about music.
>>
>>68817801
This is my favourite post of all time
>>
>>68840627
yeah only we don't
>>
>>68840736

So is that a "no" then?
>>
>>68840627
It seems like that and it is maybe slightly better but it's also kind of a deception (it is fun here tho and I have listened to a lot of music because of the thread)
>>
IT'S
>>
>>68840627
No. Nobody should join /daily/.
Delete /daily/, ban /daily/ posters.
>>
File: dailycore.jpg (795KB, 1776x2460px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore.jpg
795KB, 1776x2460px
>>68840627
Try it out and see if it's for you dude. Jokes and shitposts aside, we all actively pursue new music, and this community is great for recommendations.
It's also a lot less hostile than neo-/mu/.
What have you been listening to lately? Got a favourites chart?
>>
File: 1475606305159.jpg (30KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1475606305159.jpg
30KB, 400x396px
>>68840627
do it for prime memery alone
>>
Freeform Chart.png
2MB, 4000x2000px
[1/2]

>Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding

After the success of the blues-rock Blonde On Blonde, Dylan returns a little more to his roots with this one. There’s a lot less going on instrumentally, with Dylan on guitar/harmonica and a little bit of piano. There’s also a bassist and drummer obviously on here but it isn’t quite as packed with instruments like Blonde. I think I like this style from Dylan a little bit better honestly so it’s nice to hear him go old-school with this one. There’s an interesting blend of country influences and spiritual/religious themes and it works quite well in this context.

Obviously, there’s the classic “All Along The Watchtower” but this also has some great storytelling tracks that I’d never heard before. “I Dreamed I Saw St Augustine”, “Frankie Lee and Judas Priest” and “I Pity The Poor Immigrant” are all very solid songs as well that I’d never heard before.

Though this album has a nice style and some underrated tracks, it kind of lacks the punch of his other albums. It isn’t as rebellious as his early work, as bluesy/rock-y as his preceding few albums or lonely/passionate as Blood On the Tracks. And it isn’t even that country, at least not compared to what I’ve heard from Nashville Skyline. It just… kind of is. Which is fine, it’s still an enjoyable album, it just doesn’t stand out when compared to his other work. Quite enjoyable, just not Dylan's best.

3/5
>>
>>68841802

[2/2]

>Bjork - Post

Only the second album of Bjork’s I’ve listened to (other than Homogenic) and I actually really enjoyed this. On the second listen, it grew on me quite a bit, I wasn’t too big on it at first. There’s this weird trip-hop/dance atmosphere on the whole record that reminds me a bit of Portishead or maybe even Kid A/Amnesiac era Radiohead. The production on here feels red-hot and almost little off kilter, which I enjoyed. There is a decent variety on here though, earlier songs feel like trip-hop, “Enjoy” feels really mechanical/industrial and “It’s Oh So Quiet” is a cover of a 50s jazz track. Bjork has a pretty cool voice too, that works really well for this style of music. She does this thing where she over-enunciates and exaggerates every other word, and that started to wear on me after a while, I’ll admit.

So far, I really enjoyed what I heard. Not what I’m usually into but I really liked the anxious, futuristic feel that most of this gave off. Definitely seems like a grower to me too, I’ll have to come back to this soon.

3.5/5
>>
File: 1477959211369.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477959211369.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
>>68840627
Go for it. We listen to music a lot, talk about music a little, and shitpost a lot.

It's been a little dead lately, and newcomers are always welcome
>>
>>68840627
try it, you'll like it!
also check out the discord
>>
pro tip: don't check out the discord
>>
>>68841965
I haven't been there since the month it launched and probably never will.
Also when are you coming to Queens familia (or do I have you mixed up with someone else)?
>>
>>68842072
Nah that's me. I still plan on coming up on the 17th for the weekend, but I realized like, yesterday, that I have an exam that day. So I'm trying to take the exam another time. I'll let you know if I'm coming or not, but I really hope I still am.
>>
>>68842126
Damn dude, hopefully it works out; especially since you have an actual excuse.
I once lied about a job interview I *had* to go to in another city to get out of an exam, so I could go to a Swans concert instead :^)
>>
>>68842228
Dude nice dude
>>
>>68841345

Okay, I'll bite. Here's some stuff I've been enjoying recently. (Not my all time favorites for the most part.)
>>
>>68842896
>Major Organ and the Adding Machine
my man
>>
>>68842918

I wish they'd do it again...the logical conclusion to E6
>>
>>68842896
ace taste my dude. enjoy your rabbit = best sufjan.

personal recommendations:
Jim O'Rourke - Insignificance
Corea - Los peores 7 km de mi vida
SAT Stoicizmo - Mah 2
Raccoo-oo-oon - The Cave of Spirits Forever
Rice Corpse - Mrs Rice
Storm and Stress - Under Thunder and Fluorescent Lights
Jerry Paper - Fuzzy Logic
Valium Aggelein - Hier Kommt der Schwartze Mond
>>
Join the plug.dj room, you nerds
>>
>>68843107

Thanks, I'll check these out
>>
>>68842896
very delighted to see King Tubby and The Roots of Chicha on here, what a great comp
>>
File: 30 OCTOBER.jpg (2MB, 1680x2048px) Image search: [Google]
30 OCTOBER.jpg
2MB, 1680x2048px
finished october, but was too busy to post it!
dead man's bones wins AOTM, but there's a good amount of filler. some really good songs though.
the Snuggalos are great, too, I bought their album, i'll probably have a higher score in the future.
savage young taterbug could have been great, but they fucked it up somehow.

>>68842896
half handed cloud AND kites? you and givingbear must be best buds already.
heard Even Oxen?
>>
File: 29droningAGAIN.png (2MB, 1412x1186px) Image search: [Google]
29droningAGAIN.png
2MB, 1412x1186px
this is still happening, too.

RRREVEREND GREEN
RRREVEREND GREEN
RRREVEREND GREEN
RRREVEREND GREEN
>>
>>68843962

lol actually I found out about those bands from Even Oxen interviews and stuff on the Internet

I'm definitely a fan of his music. I've had some nice chats with him in the /Bandcamp/ threads
>>
>>68842896
your taste is impeccable! you've gotta join, I need another big fan of that jean-jacques perrey album here.

>>68844029
still very interested to hear your thoughts on wu-tang

nicolas collins as well, i seem to be in the minority here for fucking despising it's centerpiece, while loving it's shorter glitch pieces.
>>
>>68844173
Say whaaat! cool man. yeah, he's introduced me to some great stuff. heard Jacob Hutto? he put out a record called paw paw's songs that I think is solid, bear likes it too.
>>
>>68844181
Are you not a fan of spoken word?
>>
>>68844252
i actually love most spoken word recordings i've heard, but the title track on Dark and Stormy Night just doesn't resonate with me at all. i can't pinpoint why, I just really don't like it.
>>
>>68844233

Paw Paw's Songs! Yes! Indeed a solid record. "Sunshine" is my favorite. I can't tell if he's sampling an orchestra or something but it's a gorgeous and very old-timey chord progression, kind of like what the Music Tapes often do.

Some other good songs on there as well. "Who Hit Nelly in the Belly With a Meatball" is a standout. There's also that strange Louis Armstrong cover with a great drum sound
>>
>tfw doing great in classes you hate
My uni really needs to pick out that poseurcore class real quick I swear >>68827744

>>68842896
>Uncle Meat
>Moondog
>STGSTV
>B2S
yoooooooooo

watchu think about fishmnas???

>>68844029
listen to more nat-core tbqh
>>
>>68844306
I feel like either you love it or hate it. The way the guy speaks got on my nerves initially, but I grew to appreciate the story and the composition.
You may want to read the transcript if you're still at all interested, it may foster more understanding.
>>
>>68844181

Jean-Jacques Perrey is great. Have you ever heard anything by Bruce Haack? He's got some very cartoony, fever dream stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7BCyF3xiY0

This one is my favorite:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IGRkJsEJFOk
>>
>>68844434

Actually, to be totally honest, I am just listening to Fishmans right now because of your comment. I saw that album "Long Season" a lot on /mu/ for some reason when I first came here and just assumed it was a meme. (Should I give ITAOTS a chance too? Jk)

One minute and forty-eight seconds in, no way to say what I feel about it yet as a whole but I'm liking what I hear so far quite a bit.
>>
>>68844029
i know you already sent me a snap about Hell Driver, but i'm still salty.
>>
File: 2016-10_October_backlog_1.jpg (1MB, 2000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10_October_backlog_1.jpg
1MB, 2000x1520px
A bit late but i finally managed to finish this October backlog chart!

The ones I have truly enjoyed & aren't often mentioned here:
James Dean Driving Experience https://youtu.be/RWYTrLVtMcA
Carloman https://youtu.be/_0yqVKDYrRk
Guy Chadwick https://youtu.be/Stj0o1J21WY
Brideshead https://youtu.be/I0NPgxsfeCc
The Fun & Games https://youtu.be/E5Ykr1EuTnc
>>
File: happy noisy grandpa.png (271KB, 358x516px) Image search: [Google]
happy noisy grandpa.png
271KB, 358x516px
>>68844605
if it makes you feel better i really like hell driver
>>
>>68844693
*30 minute siren noise of approval*
>>
File: the-sandlot-w1280.jpg (26KB, 347x279px) Image search: [Google]
the-sandlot-w1280.jpg
26KB, 347x279px
>>68844742
>>
File: 1466339741930.png (551KB, 634x841px) Image search: [Google]
1466339741930.png
551KB, 634x841px
>>68827744

Wait, there are fun elective classes that aren't corny shit like "Disney Princesses Through a Feminist Lens"?
>>
Is this where I go for suggestions? If so, I'd like to ask about suggestions for metal. Slipknot, lamb of God, hungry lights, mushroom head, SOAD, in this moment, flymore, impending doom, and demon hunter are all bands that I like.
>>
>>68843962
saddened that you did not enjoy Spartan Jet Plex
happy that you liked the Snuggalos!

oh btw nyar, would you be interested in designing a cassette j-card for me?
I will pay you.
I just need someone who knows their way around photoshop n shit and is good at art n stuff, and I trust you more than sum loser on fiverr.
think about it :^]
>>
>>68845392
>>68845392
>Is this where I go for suggestions?
Yeah sure, we're friendly
But you need to come back and tell us what you thought about what we recommended you! We love discussion here.
/metal/ General threads will help you, too, but they might tease you for liking slipknot and such.
Anyway I used to be a huge mushroomhead fan, saw them live 5 times.

Try these:
Meshuggah- nothing
Abominable Putridity- anomalies of artificial origin
Insect Warfare- world extermination
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum- grand opening and closing
Einsturzende neubaten- tabula rasa
Skindred- babylon
>>
>>68845484
Maybe, yeah. If you're pressed for time, maybe try someone else, since im very busy with classes, but email me the music and tell me about the project in detail, and I'll give you a quote and projected timeframe.
Also I'm not a professional graphic designer, or even an amateur. But I did Even Oxen, so there's that. Lemme know if you ever need cover art, too, that's more my speed.
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
Dogbowl - Cyclops Nuclear Submarine Captain (1991)
>psychedelic pop

A musical bag of tricks if I've ever heard one. There are so many smatterings of different styles on this album. There's psych, of course; there's prog; there's music hall; there's even some funk here and there, albeit very streamlined and diluted. Tunney strikes gold when he sticks to the tried and true psych pop formula, adding a really nice, distinctly '90s sound to the melodic, tuneful psych of the '60s, but most of his genre experiments are entirely unneccesary, even irritating at times. He's clearly got a knack for one specific style, and when he strays from this style the quality of his music drops significantly. The vocals aren't too great either, but they mostly fit the DIY aesthetic of the music. I like a decent portion of this, but it's too inconsistent for me to really get into it.

2.5+

El Efecto - Pedras e sonhos (2012)
>progressive rock, post-hardcore

Reeks of the Mars Volta, which is something I never want to say about an album. They actually do this shtick a lot better than the band that shall not be named, mainly because the more streamlined heavy bits are actually quite great, but the mixture of wanky, overly-technical and cheesy prog rock with Latin music /never/ works, no matter who tries to take it on. They're pretty tasteful about it, but a lot of the Latin additions give the music something of an elevator music quality, it neuters the good post-hardcore/prog sound they have going while disgracing Latin music as a whole, somehow. I'd love to see these guys do a straight-up prog album, because they've obviously got the talent for it, they're just squandering this talent with unnecessary, terrible genre experiments.

>>68844482
i'll check it out again with the transcript!

>>68844506
i heard the electric lucifer a while back, but I'm overdue for a relisten, thanks!
>>
>>68845558
alright, thank you. I'll report back after I've listened to your suggestions
>>
>>68845392
this is kinda shameless self-promotion, but I made an RYM list with some of my favorite metal a while back. it's outdated, but maybe you can find some good stuff on there!

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/_natkingcole_/brvtal__my_top_25_metal_releases/
>>
>>68845616
I feel you
def not really pressed for time. I just need someone to help format the cover and create a design for the inside/tracklist that looks at least somewhat aesthetically pleasing.
Also I've had so many problems with other people not understanding how to format the j-card correctly with recent releases so I need someone who at least knows how to do that lmao

I'll shoot you an email tomorrow about it. I think you'll dig the music too, sort of gothic folk rock. Swans circa White Light is the best comparison I think, but even that's a stretch
>>
>>68845801
I'll check it out right after I listen through the current suggestions and tell you what I think.
>>
>>68845991
>sort of gothic folk rock
what's the album? sounds cool.

>>68846027
awesome! hope you find something you like on there.
>>
>>68845991

>gothic folk rock

Like Gothic Country music?
>>
>>68846052
https://h4ller.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>68845720
Ok anon! I hope you enjoy them. I keep up regularly with /daily/ so I'm not hard to find.

>>68845991
Sounds neat, may be doable. I was able to make something so suited to Even Oxen's handmade/naive DIY sensibilities, because I am inexperienced and have bad penmanship. This might be an interesting challenge for me.
>>
>>68845558

>Meshugga - Nothing
I enjoy this album a lot. It's not as fast as other bands, but has more power than most. Pleasantly different

>Abominable Purity - Anomalies of Artificial Origin
I like the guitar work, not so much the vocals.

>Insect Warfare
Same opinion expressed for Abominable Purity - Anomalies of Artificial Origin

>Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Grand Opening and Closing
Grew on me almost instantly, absolutely love it. Would have been content if that were the only one suggested.

>Einsturzende Neubaten - Tabula Rasa
Not something I expected in this list, but still very enjoyable. Zebulon brings me to a happy place.

>Skindred - Babylon
What a wonderful, strange mix of genres! Another one that I absolutely love.

Thank you for the suggestions! I found a lot of music I enjoy tonight thanks to you.
>>
>>68846129
this is cool stuff! i'm impressed by the amount of neat bandcamp music you find. i'll definitely pick this guys physical stuff up when (if? i'm just assuming when bc you asked nyar for a j-card design) you put it out.

after i pick up the jesse sattler and snuggalos tapes.
>>
>>68846443
Hey glad you like them! Didn't expect you to look into them so soon.
I used to dislike the type of vocals you dislike (insect warfare, AP), but they grew on me after a while. Now I like all but the grossest, most gargle-y vocals (look up goregrind music examples). Not for me.

I believe you'll enjoy hearing the full albums!

You're very welcome, friend. Find me some other day in the future if you're stuck looking for more, let me know who you are. Those ought to hold you a while though, and there's a lot of other good stuff by those bands!
>>
>>68846484
>i'm just assuming when bc you asked nyar for a j-card design
Don't hold your breath my dude, this is a 16 credit hour semester
>>
File: 2nd.jpg (336KB, 1230x759px) Image search: [Google]
2nd.jpg
336KB, 1230x759px
Already fallen behind on this chart so I'll write a couple quick (shit) reviews before I go to bed.

>Otis Redding - Complete & Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul
Redding's voice is just great. There are a couple of songs that could be filler here but his voice could just about carry anything and there's a nice mix of slower ballads and funkier uptempo songs. I need to listen to much, much more soul. 4/5

>A Certain Ratio - The Graveyard and The Ballroom
Some of this is pretty fantastic but the whole Joy Division-lite vibe brings it down quite a bit. The singer is doing a decent Ian Curtis impression I guess but it's a bit annoying. Like I said though the angular, fuzzy danciness of it is great, they're definitely more than a Joy Division rip off. 3.5+/5

Anyway night.
>>
Backlog Chart 5.png
3MB, 2294x2413px
Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue (1977)
>pop rock, singer/songwriter

Dennis tries a bit too hard here to be Brian, which hurts his natural songwriting and vocal talents. He tries to emulate his brothers full, epic, wall-of-sound style of production and arrangement, but lacks the tact to make these bombastic arrangements seem like they actually fit with the music. This is most apparent on "Time", which starts off as a lovely piano ballad, but eventually turns into a wacky pop song filled with loud, bombastic horns, sounding like fucking circus music. It clashes awfully with the quiet, downtrodden piano ballad sound exhibited on the first half of the track and on other tracks here. These tracks are exceptional, with the famed "River Song" mixing the early Beach Boys' take on americana with a whole lot more melancholy. "Thoughts of You" is the best track here, Wilson's vocal performance is heartrending and the song is lovely, proving the songwriting potential this man had. This album is too ambitious, it tries too often to be something it's not. An album full of the slow-burning ballads would be wonderful, but the over-the-top tracks here are too cheesy and tactless to make the album as a whole worthy of classic status.

2.5+
>>
>>68846641
oh i wasn't implying anything about you 100% making the design, i just assumed that triangle was putting out the album on his label bc he asked you.

but damn man, hope this semester's good for you.

>>68846663
redding's voice is near-perfect, glad you liked it! get hype for ayahuasca.
>>
>>68846675
Curious about that Clifford Brown/Max Roach album, do it soon pls.
>>
>>68846721
I gotcha senpai-ily

And yeah, it's a hectic challenge, but it's nice
>>
>>68846675
Huh, I remember enjoying that Dennis Wilson album a decent amount. Haven't heard it in quite some time so I'll have to revisit it and see if I agree with your thoughts.

Also, agreed with Jangle, curious what you think of that Brown/Roach album.
>>
File: 1476849605239.jpg (34KB, 960x614px) Image search: [Google]
1476849605239.jpg
34KB, 960x614px
>/daily/ is /lively/ again

>>68843049
Still holding out for the possible new NMH album, assuming the whole thing wasn't an elaborate hoax.
>>68844434
>>68845233
I've gotta email the professor now, because it's graduate level. Let's see if I can even get in this shit
>>68844596
Aeroplane is a good album don't let the memes get to you—give it another go (Avery is better tho)

>>68846675
>not writing about the based title track
ITS NO WONDER
THE PACIFIC OCEAN IS BLUUUE
>>
>>68846721
Yeah I'm not normally one to focus on the voice but he's just brilliant. And I'm pretty hyped been meaning to listen to it for months.
>>
>>68846813
definitely get into this shit and upload the notes to /daily/.
>>
>>68846748
tomorrow!

>>68846782
question kinda about this: the art on your snapchat stories is constantly cool as hell, is it for your classes?

>>68846797
it's pretty good, with some super high highs, but there are some really dumb production decisions that hurt it a lot.

>>68846813
the title track is a high point too, which is kinda shocking considering its got mike love all over it.
>>
>>68846838
chapter 1

charlotte moorman a shit

european son > no wave

chapter 2

drone was a mistake
>>
>>68846895
chapter 3

Matrix 5 is Best Album

chapter 4

If You Find Obscure Music Online you Multiply Your Rating of it by 1.5x if it is Japanese
>>
File: 1477760752390.jpg (40KB, 640x690px) Image search: [Google]
1477760752390.jpg
40KB, 640x690px
>>68846958
chapter 5

john cage is literally the greatest composer of all time

4'33", the list could go on...

Fish, we could teach this class
>>
File: 1472256219584s.jpg (5KB, 172x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472256219584s.jpg
5KB, 172x250px
>>68846813
Oh I was just kidding about not liking ITAOTS (which is why I said "Jk")
>>
File: cool_guy.png (1MB, 555x511px) Image search: [Google]
cool_guy.png
1MB, 555x511px
>>68847017
chapter 6

NYC music that's so underground it's from China

chapter 7

if you can pronounce the composer's name then they're bad
>>
File: I Love Supreme.jpg (67KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
I Love Supreme.jpg
67KB, 628x628px
>>68847057
>>68847017
chapter 8

Every jazz album has a base score of 6 and if you like it it goes up from there

where's my phd in avant-teenology
>>
File: 1460774717036.jpg (152KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
1460774717036.jpg
152KB, 992x744px
>>68846813

Is /daily/ always this inactive this time of year? Did the summer make people forget how to balance shitposting with studying?

I've been mostly listening to famous albums recently to see if I've been sleeping on anything, so I haven't had much to really talk about. I might change things up and listen to some black meal or something because the dadrock is starting to get on my nerves.
>>
post something in new thread before it dies:

>>68847282

>>68847282

>>68847282
>>
File: 1477721672740.png (598KB, 437x736px) Image search: [Google]
1477721672740.png
598KB, 437x736px
>read Plato's Symposium
>was pretty gay and I probably didn't get what I should've out of it
>tfw probably doomed to eternal plebdom
>>
>>68847181
Suppose so. I've been really busy lately at least, and I think most other major posters are too. Not nat tho

>>68847295
I know I ought to read the classics to really get into most later philosophy, but I really don't care to read the classics
>>
>>68847363
The way I understand it is that a lot of philosophers build off of earlier philosophers so there's at least some truth to the /lit/ meme of starting with the Greeks.
Alcibiades barging in drunk was pretty funny to read though. I liked it.
>>
>>68847363

Yeah, me too. I'd probably be going through more old meme albums if I had more free time.
>>
File: pigger_eatin_a_cream.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
pigger_eatin_a_cream.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>
File: alBrOCb.gif (718KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
alBrOCb.gif
718KB, 500x384px
last ;)
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.