[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar and Beyoncé's Lemonade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

I'm a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar and Beyoncé's Lemonade but I'm a conservative and totally against the claims of Black Lives Matter.

Can you disconnect political music from your enjoyment of it?

Discuss
>>
>>68756676
No, and you're one of those liberal conservatives. Those ones who want to save the world from evil by playing a guitar in front of an abortion clinic.
>>
bigot
>>
>>68756676
how can you distance politics from music that is literally all politics
>>
>totally against the claims of Black Lives Matter

Literally how?
I personally don't believe police are targeting black people, but the patterns are very alarming. Their lives do matter... obviously. So do everybody else's, but when you see a pattern of people you identify as your brothers and sisters being abused, you reserve the right to remind your peers that your life matters. Again, so does mine. But don't find it a bit odd that I have no need to remind anyone of that?

Anyways. I don't even agree with half of what Kenny says of TPAB, it's just such a musically rich album. Don't listen to Beyonce, unfortunately. Doesn't interest me.
>>
i'm tired of this bullshit
keep political discussion out of /mu/
this is an obvious bait thread to /pol/-tier shitposting
>>
>>68756721

passion and energy is musically captivating no matter what the artists are saying
>>
>>68756724
Obviously he doesn't believe blacks lives are worthless.
This is the genius of BLM - their name prevents any criticism because criticizing them makes it look like you don't believe black lives matter. When really, their claim is much more than "black lives matter", it's that the police systematically target innocent blacks for no reason but racism.
>>
>>68756731

I didn't intend it to be a discussion on Black Lives Matter or anything but I guess people are taking it that way (the guy above). I was just wondering how much importance people place on message instead of sound
>>
>>68756724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQXmnMr_w8
>>
>>68756676
Kendrick goes against BLM. Just listen to "The Blacker the Berry". It's an inversion of that whole superficial and hypocritical black pride.
>>
>>68756676
>I'm a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar and Beyoncé's Lemonade
Yikes

>Can you disconnect political music from your enjoyment of it?
Yes, when the politics aren't too hamfisted and there's actually something to the music. Any intelligent person should have no problem hearing opinions they disagree with (in fact they should welcome it) as long as those opinions are actually well thought out and presented

Honestly I'd have even more trouble liking Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce if I agreed with them, because they treat their audience like morons. They make incredibly shallow political observations and expect people to pretend there's some substance to it
>>
Left leaning moderate here, sincerelly wondering as to why there are so many alt-righters on this board. Not tryna argue. Just wondering.
>>
>>68756771

I thought the exact same thing! But nevertheless there are other elements of his thought I'm not in agreement with. Fortunately, they're not too hamfisted, so I can get over them. Plus I'm not politically obsessed so people with other opinions don't send me into a fury
>>
>>68756815

Not supporting BLM is not necessarily alt-right. I despise what the alt-right stands for, and am against Trump. But I didn't want this to be a political discussion anyway. What have I done good lord
>>
>>68756724
BLM started as a legitimate movement but as it grew it was hijacked by an audience more accepting of violence and criminality to a point where they persecute the cops responsible for stopping the riots and looting that occur whenever a black person getting arrested or killed goes viral.
>>
>>68756762
It is possible to be a BLM supporter and still not believe these young black targets are entirely 'innocent'. They aren't. But they need to stand trial, not be buried before they get their first grey hair.

Obviously the whole thing has gotten way out of hand. But you can become radical in anything you believe in. The particular police officers that exert their power in racist ways ARE radicals. So are the BLM protestors that rally for "dead cops". You are radicals, bordering on terrorism.

It's just an absurd reality TV show for us here in Canada, though. We have literally zero issue as far as police brutality or segregation. Black and white folk here just exist together, acknowledging that life blows regardless what skin colour you ended up coming out the womb with. Also, who even gives a fuck anymore? Black lives matter. All lives matter. There is no clash in those sentiments. We're in this shit together.
>>
>>68756815
4chan pretty much birthed the movement so of course we're on all boards
>>
>>68756724
what a movement says it is =/= what it actually is.
>>
>>68756773
You can ignore the politics as simple as ignoring the lyrics. Even though its hip hop and lyrics oriented you don't have to care about the content because flow and delivery are interesting enough as it stands.

As a political statement TPAB isn't breaking new ground or anything, but I've read it somewhere before as it being the right album for the right time by the right artist (translation: black black FAMOUS 'serious' black not kanye)
>>
>>68756856
as an edgelord who believes cops are the ruling class' enforcers, I think BLM's focus is too narrow. Looting and rioting are not bad, in fact they are a logical and reasonable response to the supremely illogical and unreasonable institution of private property. Everyone has the right and duty to go out and steal stuff. Property worship is merely a weird offshoot of XVII century england's protestant bourgeoisie. fuck that shit
>>
>>68756676
How could you be against BLM? I'm honestly curious. There's countless statistics that show that blacks are far more likely to be pulled over, searched, shot by police solely on racial bias and a constant stream of horrifying videos of unnecesary deadly force against black men. How could you not see these issues and wish they would end?
>>
>>68757178
>statistics
come back when you can show me some facts buddy
>>
>>68756815
You must be new. There are lots of alt-righters on most boards here, because one of the most popular boards on the website is /pol/ and people tend to be active on more than one board.
>>
>>68757178
you need to do some research kiddo.
>>
>>68757153
brb omw to your house to steal your computer and your stan smiths
>>
>>68756968
Thats bullshit. You can't use the actions of individuals as a counter to an intellectual movement. Does the existence of eco-terrorists make global warming bullshit? Did violence perpetrated by blacks in the 60s make the civil rights era less valid?
>>
>>68757239
>>68757210
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/09/30/white-people-are-more-likely-to-deal-drugs-but-black-people-are-more-likely-to-get-arrested-for-it/

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

get your head out of your ass dude
>>
>>68757297
>2014
cmon
post me a link of a black person getting killed from a white cop this week
>>
>>68757178

0/8
>>
File: khogali_tweet.jpg (52KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
khogali_tweet.jpg
52KB, 640x353px
>>
>>68757326
racist/breitbart
>>
pol/mu
>>
>>68757297
I guess you have never had the misfortune of interacting with any actual blacks. Think your beloved Pee-Oh-Cees wont kill you and your folks if they had the chance? well, think again. It's a dog eat dog world out there. see, Darwin's theory of evolution. The weak races die out, the strong races survive. it's that simple. Fact. Jews mastered cultural subversion as a group evolutionary strategy. Hard times are coming and well, it's up to us to survive.
>>
>>68757401
proof opponents of BLM are actually just racists who are happy to see our police act as violent agents of their perverse social darwinist ideals
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (20KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
20KB, 220x230px
This is one of my favorite albums and I'm voting for Trump
(I think that they wouldn't support Hillary Clinton either but that's neither here nor there)
>>
>>68757500
link me example of a violent police officer killing somebody this month
>>
>>68757401
Not him, but one of my best friends is black. I don't know if you're memeing right now, but you need to actually go outside and get to know the enemies that you've declared upon yourself. Maybe you'll live a happier, stress-free life
>>
>>68757515
>We Organize via property as power, Slavehood and freedom imperial purple

that's basically what right wingers/ 'libertarians' are all about tho. SPQR is the ultimate libertarian conservative anthem
>>
>>68756676
You're just a hypocritical faggot, OP.
>>
>>68757519
>this month
the fact that you need to qualify that should indicate how in denial you are. Police killed an average of 2 unarmed blacks every week in 2015.
Here's one from late september.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/29/unarmed-black-man-killed-by-police-near-san-diego-had-twice-been-ordered-deported/?utm_term=.15abbe375582
>>
>>68757623
what about all the white people murdered by black thugs? you never see them on the news.
>>
>>68756676
there's a middleground you know
>>
>>68757744
>comparing criminals and cops
Its a criminal's job to commit crimes. Its a policeman's job to serve and protect.
(also a white friend of mine was killed by black thugs and it was all over the news all over georgia)
>>
I'm totally against murder and yet I enjoy reading about serial killers. The dissonance!
>>
>>68757852
>Its a policeman's job to serve and protect the ruling classes and their property

FTFY
>>
>>68757951
fact
>>
>>68756724
ty for pasta
>>
>>68757153
>you
>>
>>68756676
yes
I LOVE Peste Noire (neo-nazi Black-Metal) and other NSBM acts but I'm leftist/queer. I guess I need a regular shot of heinous/angry/edgy music from to time.
>>
>>68756856
Violence is necessary & more meaningful/powerful than peaceful protests to counterbalance the state violence.
>>
>>68758081
shoplifting is a crime created for and by dumb niggers
the white people who shoplift are culturally appropriating one of the most gutter trash crimes and are no better than the niggers that do it.

i suppose she could have a point in that shoplifting is breaking the social construct because more blacks have trouble finding jobs?

but whatever. dumb nigs gonna nig.
>>
>>68757951
>anon types the treatise of the status quo into the text box on 4chan.org, his favorite site apart from Reddit, knowing that other enlightened individuals who see past the thin veneer of falsehood into the truth will think he's completely #woke for posting this dangerous and radical message
>suddenly, he hears a noise coming from the back of his house. It isn't his mother, she won't be home for quite some time, as she is out drinking again. No, it must be an intruder!
>rather than contacting the police about the supposed break-in, anon lifts his massive girth out of his chair, his neck beard itching as he climbs out of the straining chair. He leaves his room to investigate (something he hasn't done in months) and sees a man, completely enriched by melanin, standing in front of him! He knows that the police would just murder this poor man, So instead he tries diplomacy
>"calm down my melinated brother, I hate the police and support black lives matter just like you!" He shouts, knowing that this will get the man to leave his domicile
>the man, startled, pulls out a pistol and promptly shoots anon right in the lower left chest, flooring the obese man
>as he drifts into the great beyond, anon's final thoughts are "at least I didn't call the pigs"
>>
>>68758186
you're either a nigger who likes the idea of killing public servants, or you're a fat neckbeard who is too scared to participate in thesee violent protests because you're scared of niggers or you don't want your internet persona ruined by your face being in pictures of people committing crimes
>>
>>68758138
you sound like you need a hate-fuck.
>>
>>68757951
true
and white people are the ruling class
>>
>>68756879
Yeah, dude, I'm from canada too. Police brutality is still a huge issue, but instead of targeting black people they target natives. In the town I grew up in, in the late 90's the white kids and natives didn't even get to go to school together.
>>
>>68758326
>implying the police can even touch natives with all the benefits they get from the govt
if by police brutality you mean "kids trying to be gangster and alcoholic adults getting arrested for doing crimes".

>white kids and natives didn't even get to go to school together.
this is how natives want it now. they want all the benefits they get from the govt without the expectations of returning anything to the govt.
>>
>>68758270
i'm not exactly a BLM supporter, but all the right wing counterarguments seem to boil down to fear and a mindless sense of deference to authority. From what i've seen, alt-righters are afraid and want an authoritarian daddy figure who can protect them and a group they can identify with in order to overcome their own failings by proxy
>>
>>68757621
that's half true
>>
>>68758138
btw thank you for answering the fucking question instead of turning mu into pol. but i guess that's kinda what is to be expected
>>
>>68758464
How would identifying with a political movement help overcome failure? And it has nothing to do with anyone protecting them, it's more about anti immigration and jewish skepticism. That's literally it
>>
File: Cs7qgltUsAAumGB.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cs7qgltUsAAumGB.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>68758565
the alt right is less of a movement and more of a fetishized power fantasy LARPing scenario. sad nerds posing as hypermasculine stormtroopers. Beneath all the posturing and half-baked conspiratorial narratives you find a rather conspicuous core of fear and self-loathing. That's why I can't take them seriously. they just got really meme'd
>>
>>68758704
You're wrong but ok

It's the most rapidly growing movement in America
>>
>>68756676
Lemonade has nothing to do with BLM.
>>
>>68759171
>thinks internet reactionaries are "rapidly growing" in america

i think you're confusing the fundamentalist christian trump supporters with the "ironic" internet trump supporters
>>
>>68756724
BLM is funded by George Soros and half of its supporters are white liberals who worship and want to protect ghetto "culture", thereby reinforcing problems in the black community
>>
>>68758464
>Thinking basketball Americans shouldn't assault po-lees and destroy their own towns means you have some sort of authority fetish
>>
File: Max_Stirner2_400x400.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner2_400x400.png
139KB, 400x400px
>>68757153
>right and duty
So close, yet still so spooked
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.