[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So according to MetaCritic the hottest albums of 2016 are dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (10KB, 493x98px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 493x98px
So according to MetaCritic the hottest albums of 2016 are dark and introspective confessionals released late into an established pop artist's long career.

Is this the flavour of the month?
>>
>>68744863
>nick cave
>established pop artist
>>
File: bright eyes burning like fire.jpg (57KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
bright eyes burning like fire.jpg
57KB, 1136x640px
>>68744879
>nick cave
>not pop
Oh, honey.

Why do you people have this crippling fear of identifying the music you like as "pop". It is. Is it experimental, classical or traditional? Nope. Just get over it. There's nothing wrong with pop.
>>
>>68744863
[[[[ M y T w o C e n t s ]]]]]

Nick Cave made another album.
Beyonce had people make an album for her.
Leonard Cohen made a good album.

~~thank you for reading~~
>>
>>68744923
Pop has two meanings: one as popularity and one as a style of music similar to music that is popular.

Nick Cave encompasses neither of these definitions.
>>
>>68746153
>Nick Cave encompasses neither of these definitions.
Yes he does.

You seriously think Nick Cave is inaccesible, don't you.
>>
>>68744863
Skeleton Tree was decent
YWID was all right
Lemonade was fucking awful
>>
>>68746219
Reverse that and I agree.
>>
>>68746188
You do know that it is possible to create accessible music that isn't pop music?
>>
>>68746188
Popular does not equal 1/15 of your acquaintances will know him popular means 1/15 will NOT know him

Just because he s not so underground you don't know anyone else who listens to him does that mean that he is now pop

And why are we saying "he" it's a band honey
>>
>>68746384
Sure. But Skeleton Tree is neither jazz nor classical so it's a pointless thing to bring up.

>>68746419
Is popularity the measurement here? Because I guarantee you more of my acquaintances know Nick Cave than Post Malone.

>And why are we saying "he" it's a band honey
Sure. Just like The Fall, Wings, The Divine Comedy, Gladys Knight and the Pips. Just like those bands.
>>
>>68746523
YOUR acquaintances are probably not as varied as MY acquaintances or most normies so... the fact that YOUR ACQUAINTANCES know Nick cave more doesnt surprise me as they are probably more homogenous of a group which is typical of a /mu/tant due to their more introverted nature
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.