[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, anyone own one of these badbwoys? Access Virus TI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Picture-VTI2-Desktop-LB1000x479.png (299KB, 1000x479px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-VTI2-Desktop-LB1000x479.png
299KB, 1000x479px
Hey guys, anyone own one of these badbwoys? Access Virus TI? I am a breaks producer and I am really considering getting one, whats your experience with it?
>>
>>68716634
bump.

don't have experience with any virus gear, but i've been lusting after the P8 desktop or the full P12 if ever have an expendable 3k
>>
>>68717123
The Prophet 08 is really nice. I've just recently got the full keyboard version. Paired up with an Eventide Space it sounds fantastic. I'm going to get a Strymon Timeline for it next and I'm also looking for a decent chorus to make it sound even more lush.
>>
I took a class a few years ago that used it extensively to teach synthesis. I love it. We mostly used the software version but the hardware one was available to use as well. It's pricey but it's a great, really versatile synth
>>
>>68716634

what other gear do you have?
>>
>>68717184
what made you go Space over Big Sky?
>>
>>68717206
Nothing, I just have Ableton and Reason, just started producing breaks. I am 14 and I have a passion for it, once I get my first job im buying a virus.
>>
>>68717211
At the time I liked the idea of the dedicated line level in/outs but now I figure it wouldn't really matter as I would probably be combining it with other non-line level stompboxes. Not that it matters because the Space just sounds so damn good, but yeah from what I've heard of the Big Sky I doubt you'd be making a bad choice with either.
>>
>>68717273
yeah i'm torn between the two. big sky has a soft edge to it, kind of a Strymon trademark. it sounds fucking great, but it's still adding character to the sound.

i think i'd prefer Space since it's cleaner.. if i want to soften up the track i could run it through one of those analog tape simuation fx or something.

i've been wanting a P8 or 12 for years, but have to settle in the $4-500 range and only have an Ion and a Blofeld. they are very capable, but there's something lacking to them.. oh well, i can keep dreaming..
>>
>>68717241(u)
>>
>>68717337
You could always pick up a Tetra and double up later for the full eight voices. It also has the advantage of sub oscillators which the Prophets don't have. The obvious drawback being that you need to use the dedicated software editor if you don't like menu diving.
>>
File: 002_IMG_4160.jpg (135KB, 675x675px)
002_IMG_4160.jpg
135KB, 675x675px
>>68717465
true, i should explore that more.. i've thought about it, and with this BCR overlay it would make controlling it pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>68717273
>>68717337

Big Sky/Blue Sky are a fucking meme, you would get waaaay more bang for your buck by getting an older Lexicon unit
>>
>>68717801
>Lexicon
whats a good one? MPX550?
>>
>>68717801
I've used Lexicon reverb plugins and whilst they do sound great with very realistic algorithms, they're all pretty much straight ahead natural sounding reverbs. They don't really seem to do the more out-there modulated verbs that sounds so great with synths.
>>
>>68717907

mpx1 is a sleeper, its a fucking beast, mpx550 is good for rawk but has only 1 processor iirc thus not as capable

>>68717933

strymon big sky is a digital reverb unit. no point having an algorithmic verb box, but if you must, getting a big sky would be retarded since a mpx1 for example is so much more tweakable,
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.