[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I've been getting into folk/country/singer-songwriter/blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Recently I've been getting into folk/country/singer-songwriter/bluegrass/Americana style stuff.

Can anyone give me any recommendations?

so far I've got:

>Bob Dylan
>Bruce Springsteen
>Townes Van Zandt
>Tom Waits
>John Fahey
>Washington Phillips
>Bonnie Prince Billy
>Angel Olsen
>Kauffman & Caboor
>Daniel Johnston
>Michael Gira
>>
>>68711146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjMsWarn8BI
This is pretty good but im not really into this type of stuff.
>>
>>68711183
firstly, I'll give that a shot for sure because Helicon Blue was awesome and my friend is a huge fan of that dude.

also thank you so much for taking the time to give a helpful reply when it's not even your primary interest
>>
The Four Sons:

Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Leonard Cohen
John Prine

The Founding Fathers:

Hank Williams
Woody Guthrie
>>
>>68711231
also listen to Johnny Cash and Rodriguez,
>>
>>68711183
this album reminds me of 2008 so bad and i wanna kill myself right now listening to it again
>>
>>68711213
This is off topic but do you like house at all. I made a thread just like this earlier and i need some help. Favor for a favor? >>68711085
>>
>>68711283
fuck i really regret listening to this now. so many memories flashing back right now. right in the feels
>>
>>68711283
Thats the reason I usually dont listen to this type of music. People who listen to acoustic based music are always low energy and depressed. Its something you listen to by yourself and that it.
>>
>>68711359
yeah it is. that album is depressing as fuck. brings me straight back to 2008 and my life is in tatters now compared to back then. crazy to think that was 8 years ago now. feels like yesterday
>>
>>68711146
>kaufman and caboor
nice

try

Jackson C. Frank
John Prine
Mickey Newburry
Josephine Foster - I'm a dreamer
Bill Callahan
Mount Eerie, Fred Squire and Julie Doiron
Morita Douji

I have more but these are what I've been listening to
>>
>>68711492
thank you kindly, really helpful post
>>
>>68711146
Definitely Jason Molina with Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co.
Try the albums The Magnolia Electric Co., Trials & Errors, and The Lioness.

Also Neil Young: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere through Zuma
>>
>>68711146
Definitely Jason Molina with Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co.
Try the albums The Magnolia Electric Co., Trials & Errors, and The Lioness.

Also Neil Young: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere through Zuma
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.