[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ enjoy the soothing sound of Ghost? What did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 393042.jpg (347KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
393042.jpg
347KB, 1600x1000px
Does /mu/ enjoy the soothing sound of Ghost? What did you think of their new EP?
>>
Soothing is definitely a word I'd use to describe Ghost's sound.

Square Hammer is Ritual-tier pop-metal and a really strong throwaway (in their words more or less) track to tack onto the EP. It's a great show-opener as well. As for the covers, not my favorite stuff but I appreciate their varied taste and sounds they use to cover tracks that aren't theres'.

That said their previous EP is much better in my opinion.
>>
>>68680693
>>68680693
OP here. Have you seen them live? Their stage presence is top notch. There is something so regal and majestic about the band.

They are easily my second favorite live band.
>>
>>68681041
I've seen them twice; once right before Infesstissumam's release and once this month.

Their show was always very theatrical and enjoyable but with their new, lush instrumentations and audience-oriented stage presence they've really pushed the production. I never really expected them to implement pyrotechnics into their show but now they have them and it's great.

I'm not a big fan of the concept or look of Papa 3 in his suit but I can laugh at it and appreciate the band's humor. It contrasts with their first couple of records but it does fit where the band seems to be pushing its direction, especially for the current Popestar bit.
>>
>>68681317
I saw them after Opus Eponymous came out, when they were opening for Mastodon and Opeth. I always thought Ritual was catchy, but for some reason I disliked them. Dumb internet bullshit I think. After I pulled my head out of my ass I saw them on tour for Meliora and they were fucking great. At first I wasn't into his look either, but I loved the Square Hammer video so now I'm into it.
>>
>>68681041
>my second favourite
You can't say that without saying your favourite, you daft bastard. Cough it up!
>>
>>68681383
Okay but it is kind of embarrassing. My current favorite live band is...

Sabaton.
>>
I love the songs Cirice and Jigolo Har Meggido but haven't particularly enjoyed any other material I've heard. I have this prodding urge to catch them live, though. I feel like it'd be a monumental moment.
>>
>>68681427
Power metal isn't really my bag, but they seem fun on youtube. No shame, friend!
BORIS is my favourite live, they're just incredibly fun.
>>
>>68681474
Do it faggot, you won't regret it.
>>
>tfw the NA store ran out of Popestar shirts in medium so I order from the EU store at a ridiculous price and the NA store restocks the next day

Okay.
>>
I really want a concept album where Papa III becomes so popular that he attempts to overthrow Satan to become the new prince of darkness.

Final song could be about them duking it out with their assembled armies in hell.

Thoughts?
>>
My favorite song by them is probably Ghuleh/Zombie Queen.
>>
>>68683961
this, those surf drums are sweet
>>
>>68683749
Sounds a little video gamey. Is there any indication that Papa intends to overthrow Satan at this point?

I don't know where the whole Papa is a popstar bit fits into it all; I don't know if it's a side story, an alternate reality, a continuation of the story.

>>68683961
>>68683989
Guleh/Zombie Queen is a beast live.
>>
>>68683961
Ditto, shit is amazing live.

I also like Ritual and Deus in Absentia
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.