[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is ''electronic music'' according to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1316x995px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1316x995px
What is ''electronic music'' according to this board? I honestly do not get what you mean when you say it?

Is it all of these? Some only? Which ones and why those?

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Downtempo / Chillout
Hlp hop
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop
>>
>>68677777
any music made primarily with electronic instruments, so yeah all that is electronic
>>
>>68677777
obiously if it requires electricity to make its electronic

so all of that is electronic music
>>
Anything that uses electricity
>>
Generally people just mean critically acclaimed/popular techno, house, breaks, and instrumental hip-hop when they say that. Stuff that sort of reached widespread popularity in pop/rock circles.
>>
>>68677777
nice numbers but unfortunately your question is gonna get buried by it

all of those are electronic yes but you should know that caring about the boundaries of genre will only make your head hurt because genres are incredibly ill-defined and the boundaries between one and another can be extremely, extremely blurred.
>>
>>68677817
yeah but you wouldn't call something with electric guitar electronic music. it's better described by digital instrumentation.
>>
There's a difference between electronic music and rock/pop/experimental with electronic sounds
>>
File: 1477294151668.jpg (249KB, 1174x830px) Image search: [Google]
1477294151668.jpg
249KB, 1174x830px
>>68677777
In the real world, all of those.

On /mu/, its just EDM or IDM.
>>
>>68677880
not really
>>
>>68677845
Theres a difference in that the electric guitar requires an amplifier, electronic instruments essentially are purely electronic.
>>
>>68677900
Would you call everything everything electronic? No because their main approach is pop muic with electronic elements
>>
>>68678035
most radio pop is electronic music, the term is useless in most contexts
>>
>>68678035
then at what point is something pop and not electronic and vice versa?

If EE is pop is James Blake pop? I know many who still consider him electronic
>>
>>68678035
Can you define "pop music" for me? I've always just heard it used to describe rock, hip-hop or otherwise "electronic" artists who have either celebrity levels of fame or are hot women who sing. Or just anything very melodic or catchy.
>>
drake and OPN are both electronic artists now?

lmao how retarded are you guys
>>
>>68678081
>>68678094
>>68678147
You guys made me think, guess I'm wrong
>>
>>68678169
I mean technically yeah, why not? Avril Lavigne and King Crimson are both artists who use musical instruments
>>
>>68678169
How aren't they both? Their music is made with electronic instrumentation.

Just because Drake sings over his? That makes it not? Any electronic music with vocals is somehow not electronic music?
>>
File: a0859812787_16.jpg (75KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a0859812787_16.jpg
75KB, 700x700px
i'd say these guys are "electronic" but that's because i don't know how else to describe them
>>
>>68678228
https://www.discogs.com/Nigel-The-Dropout-Slice-Of-/release/3708103

Genre:
Electronic, Rock
>>
>>68678216
Jungle and deep house confirmed no longer electronic music.
>>
>>68678216
>>68678211
but at this point I feel like you guys are just saying anything involving a computer is electronic music

I mean I guess technically it's correct, it just doesn't seem completely accurate
>>
>>68678318
Why not? How else do you define electronic music?
>>
>>68678318
My point is that it's a ridiculously broad classification to begin with
>>
>>68677777
There is many more desu.
>>
>>68678318
"electronic music" is a category so diverse that it's useless for most contexts. a lot of people misuse the term to describe club music which is kinda confusing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.