[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would /mu/ and 4chan's thoughts be on Aaliyah if she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: aaliyah.jpg (32KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
aaliyah.jpg
32KB, 500x600px
What would /mu/ and 4chan's thoughts be on Aaliyah if she were still alive (and still looked this good)?

I feel like she would actually be liked here and be waifu'd, even as /mu/ hates Beyonce. She just seems like the type we'd give a pass.
>>
>>68671713
she was nothing special
>>
>>68671746
I thought she was okay. I guess a number of okay artists got a pass as vehicles for Timbaland's beats at the time.

But anyways, she was fucking hot tho.
>>
If your point is that she was attractive; obviously yes.

However, she would be 37 today.

You know who else is attractive, 37 years old, and a pop artist who worked extensively with Timbaland?

Nelly Furtado

So there's no reason to think Aaliyah would be any bigger on this board than Nelly Furtado is.
>>
>>68671713
Aaliyah would basically be where Beyonce is today, as it's painfully obvious that she was the one the record industry was trying hard to push as the gigantic crossover-goddess.

Meanwhile, had Aaliyah lived, Beyoncé's career likely would have turned out the same as the rest of Destiny's Child or TLC's careers did.

So 2016 Aaliyah would be doing the Super Bowl etc while Beyoncé would be doing VH1 shows.
>>
>>68672269
I found Aaliyah considerably less annoying than Beyonce. Can't pinpoint why exactly - but I guess Beyonce's whole image and package and message that's this blatant project of egotism and power which I don't give a fuck about of course but then also gets sold as this progressive thing that's somehow bringing everyone up, even as people call her "Queen" and has er 'feminist' clothing made in sweatshops.
>>
File: tumblr_o7yhwuH4LP1s78x4wo1_1280.jpg (436KB, 1280x1533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7yhwuH4LP1s78x4wo1_1280.jpg
436KB, 1280x1533px
>>68672321
Yeah, realistically I think her career track would have been less "ego and flash to distract from mediocre, forgettable artistic output" a-la Beyoncé, who I can't fucking stand, and more like Rihanna's career has been, with quiet professionalism leading to album after album of solid fucking pop R&B with some utterly god-tier singles (has Beyoncé ever had anything even close to Umbrella?), tons of interesting collaborations (has Beyoncé ever done anything even close to Take Care), and absolutely no sign of egomaniacal self-promotion anywhere.
>>
>>68672502
well said
>>
>>68672502
My god, I'm not normally one to engage in waifu faggot, but god damn is there something delicate and vulnerable about her vibe. I wouldn't even want to fuck her, I'd just want to cuddle and talk about life.
>>
>>68671713
Her earlier stuff is better than her later stuff.
>>68672131
Except that Aaliyah was better.
>>
>>68672613
>Her earlier stuff is better than her later stuff.

Yeah, I really feel that she kinda crashed and burned towards the end, artistically speaking
>>
>>68672613
I like Nelly Furtado more, but that's just me.

"Maneater," "Do It," "Say It Right," "Somebody to Love Me," Loose was just a great album...
>>
>>68671713
She died before most of /mu/ was even born
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.