[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The greatest prog band of all time recently released the AOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: front.jpg (70KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
70KB, 800x800px
The greatest prog band of all time recently released the AOTY and you haven't even listened to it. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNaS3Vn_0pc
>>
fuckin plebes
>>
They still make music? I wasn't even aware
>>
And prog AOTY is this
>>
>>68672286
They've been back together since '06, minus Jackson on the last 3 albums, which still works surprisingly well. This new one is by far the best since their reformation though, so if you're gonna check any of them out this is the one
>>
>>68672298
>Marillion

get the fuck out of here with that garbage what next are you gonna try telling me dream theater is a good band next? get out and stay out
>>
>>68672364
>implying
Marillion are one of the most consistentyl great bands ever, they were great with both different singers

And I hate Dream Theater
>>
>>68672364
Wew lad
I bet you also hate steven Wilson
>>
>>68672433
Steve's a fuckin hack bud
>>
>>68672461
Ok so you're another stubborn faggot who only likes dadprog lmao

You don't deserve any more replies grandpa, kys
>>
>>68672525
no I just don't like boring ass floaty pink floydy soft rock baby prog or corny metal riffs. sorry
>>
>Greatest prog band
debatable
>AOTY
thats not Folklore.

>>68672364
If you cant appreciate the 80s neo prog masterpiece that is Clutching at Straws, I feel sorry for you.

>>68672298
Hi Gallifrey
>>
>>68672788
>Gallifrey

Funny bexcause Gallifrey dislikes Hogarth's Marillion, he only likes Fish albums

>Folklore
New Big big Train was pretty good, but felt underwhelming after 2 excellent English Electric albums
>>
File: 128954773270.jpg (44KB, 446x400px)
128954773270.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>68672788
.Folklore
>>
Friendly reminder that if you listen to revivalist prog you are everything that's wrong with prog.
>>
>>68671532
their reunion stuff has been mediocre, they haven't released a great album since the 80s. kc live album was better, although I wouldn't argue against this as studio prog aoty as it's been a weak year.

new opeth was shit, agent fresco was pretty good but not really prog, invention of knowledge is arguably better than anything yes had done since relayer (besides magnification)
>>
>>68673646
you're on record citing dream theater as one of your favourite artists
>>
>>68673732
Yeah, and they are not revivalist (at least not their earlier albums).
>>
>>68673646
And you are a faggot who likes sporkocore shit
>>
>>68673565
Hahaha hillarious reaction image
Fuck off you can't even quote properly
>>
>>68673804
it's rush, yes and iron maiden worship. adding a few extra notes per second doesn't stop it from being revivalist
>>
The real prog AOTY
>>
>>68673847
>not new Thank You Scientist
>>
>>68673704
>their reunion stuff has been mediocre, they haven't released a great album since the 80s

lol they didn't release anything from 78 until 2006 and I'd definitely put this above the last 2 duds they released before the breakup.
>>
>>68673835
I wouldn't have a problem liking a revivalist band, although I wouldn't encourage others to listen to them, but there is a pretty big leap between Rush and Dream Theater that stops one from being a revivalist band.
>>
>>68673847
>reddit rock
>>
>>68673899
my bad, I thought the van der graaf stuff was early 80s not late 70s
>>
>>68673847
literally just green day with a shitty fantasy story behind it
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.