[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is reggae so shit? Is there a reason to listen to that crap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Reggae_Homer_461390f1f1835.jpg (55KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reggae_Homer_461390f1f1835.jpg
55KB, 480x600px
Why is reggae so shit?

Is there a reason to listen to that crap other than "DUDE WEED LMAO".
>>
Idk
>>
There are some interesting concepts in reggae. Firstly the culture may be interesting depending who you are. Also cool basslines, drum grovers and guitar deeding on what your thing is. Though 99% of reggae artists are shit the only decants ones I could name would be Bob M, Totes and Maytals and Bad brains and they're mostly hardcore.
>>
>>68670937
Reggae's roots were a very new and interesting sound at the time, rhythmically completely unique with unorthodox mixing on the instruments. In reggae's heyday it often had a lot of political lyrical themes so that's pretty significant.

Nowadays there seems to be nothing going on musically; it definitely hasn't aged that well. The best reggae I know I mostly enjoy because the musicians are extremely tight and there's a lot of cool bass grooves. If you're into guitarwork or drumming there's not a lot going on.

I like dub a whole lot, so try that if you want a taste of reggae without getting bored. A lot of dub can be really interesting.
>>
>>68670937
Hell of a lot more interesting than indie-rock.
>>
>>68670937
Calypso is better.

>inb4 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
>>68670937
>DUDE WEED LMAO

Shit meme since 80% of the board smoke and there are numerous threads with 300 replies for ''music to smoke weed to''
>>
>>68671562
I've never heard that song, so I'm just imagining that someone screams then says Frankie Sinatra. Is this accurate.
>>
>>68671578
D U D E
>>
>>68671601
W H E A T
>>
>>68671627
L A Y M O
>>
>>68671585
No. It's like jamaican sounding. Just listen to it you nerd.
>>
>>68671074
You forgot Pete Tosh
>>
Thank god, thought I was the only who thought that Reggae was and always will be utter shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.