[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I'm new here. First of all you may be wondering why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wu-tang-clan-logo_0.png (18KB, 924x832px) Image search: [Google]
wu-tang-clan-logo_0.png
18KB, 924x832px
Hi I'm new here. First of all you may be wondering why I created this thread. I made it because I actually want to know why you listen to pop music. This is not a troll thread, I know a lot of people will think it is. I want to understand the appeal.

What is the appeal of artists like Swans, Kanye West, Grimes etc? Why do you love listening to artists that have objectively bad lyrics like OH BABY BABY BABY OOOH and "Semen stains the mountaintops" and "Volcano pussy melt your peter like ice"? WHY? WHYYY?????

I prefer lyrics with creativity and depth. I give you example A: The first verse from Triumph by Wu-Tang Clan.

I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my pen hits tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind forensics I inspect you, through the future see millenium Killa B's sold fifty gold sixty platinum Shacklin the masses with drastic rap tactics Graphic displays melt the steel like blacksmiths Black Wu jackets queen B's ease the guns in Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the function Heads by the score take flight incite a war Chicks hit the floor, diehard fans demand more Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly Proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi Stomp grounds and pound footprints in solid rock Wu got it locked, performin live on your hottest block"

AWESOME lyrics. Much better than anything Swans or Bon Iver mumbled out. But you all prefer them. So why? Do you not like deep lyrics? Do you like dumb lyrics? Why does shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE have 12 MILLION views?

Again this isnt a troll thread. I hope we can at least have some discussion. I hope this thread wasnt a waste of time.

So why do you listen to shit music?
>>
Damn...
>>
File: 1477339023140.jpg (70KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477339023140.jpg
70KB, 540x480px
i just listen to anime osts uwu
>>
>>68668161
>not a troll thread
>swans is pop
>>
>>68668183
and yet Wu-Tang isn't.
>>
Is it a copypasta it should I screencap it right now?
>>
>>68668161
>philosophies and hypothesis
>-is

Either they made a grammar mistake in the seventh word of a song, or you did, OP. Either way, it's not helping your case.
>>
>>68668161
Why do you listen to pop music like that memerap when you could be listening to Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelssohn or Cage?
>>
>>68668277
Is this a dubs thread now?
>>
>>68668358
>>68668277
*ahem* IS THIS A DUBS THREAD
>>
>>68668161
>implying lyrics matter
>>
lyrics are worthless and paying attention to them is proof that you have no clue how to approach art. do you also listen to books?
>>
>>68668161
Magnificent bait, made my ass sore a bit.
>>
>>68668161
The pop song is the perfect emotional expression.
http://youtu.be/sIppK6kDCUM
>>
>>68668277
Is Cage not only a meme? Show me Cage's good stuff senpai

>>68668161
Put some effort in your bait, senpai
>>
You didn't give Swans a listen, did you?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.