[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love this album so fucking much. It just keeps getting better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Clarence_Clarity_-_NO_NOW.jpg (877KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Clarence_Clarity_-_NO_NOW.jpg
877KB, 1000x1000px
I love this album so fucking much. It just keeps getting better and better with each listen. It's probably gonna crawl into my all-time top 10 soon. What does /mu/ think of it though?
>>
>>68662571
top 10 for last year and the best of all the Neo-R&B albums Ive heard this decade
>>
I love it too. I've been trying to find more like it but nothing really comes close.
>>
let's shoot up best song
>>
>>68662571
I just don't understand why it's so underrated. Hopefully CC blows up when releases his next album.
>>
File: 1471817559547.png (100KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471817559547.png
100KB, 258x330px
>>68662640
>not Cancer in the Water
>>
It's really good for that type of music.
>>
>>68662571
>gets a strong 8 by memetano
>one of the few 2015 albums Scaruffi liked
Wtf happened? It shouldn't be as underrated as it is. I was shocked at the fact it has like a 3.40 average on RYM. The one time Fantano recommends an actually good album and RYMcucks ignorite it, kek
>>
>>68662715
I blame dad rockers
>>
>>68662571
what is this vaporwave?
>>
>>68662929
It's pop music
>>
>>68662715
3.4 is pretty high for RYM
>>
>>68663099
Should be higher. IMO it should atleast be bolded.
>>
>>68663166
idk bruh i gave it a 4, but i think it's gonna be one of those albums that is appreciated more retrospectively about 20 years from now as "influential" or w/e
>>
>>68662571
i was honestly really let down by this album

i wanted to like parts of it in theory, the production in particular, but the vocals and lyrics are so cringey
>>
File: clarenceclarity.jpg (67KB, 561x960px) Image search: [Google]
clarenceclarity.jpg
67KB, 561x960px
Who is this guy? There's not much info on him online and I find it strange that he got as big as he did in just a few years.

Is he a really private person or is this the side project of someone well established?
>>
File: _20161025_000627.jpg (8KB, 171x207px) Image search: [Google]
_20161025_000627.jpg
8KB, 171x207px
>>68663276
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68663276
It's Titanic Sinclair's cousin
>>
>>68663406
>titanic sinclair

lmao that shit sounds made up
>>
>>68662715
>cares about memetano and scaruffi
why don't you just kys?
>>
>>68663276
i dont think hes that private i mean he did an interview with fandingo
>>
>>68663355
Illuminati or something
>>
>>68663570
yeah that or the game where you punch someone if you do that symbol below your waist and they look

probably illuminati though
>>
>>68663355
>>68663570
This and also the checkered floor commonly associated with the free masons or some shit.
>>
>>68663276
His real name is Adam Crisp. He's done other stuff, but it's pretty hard to find since he deleted everything on Soundcloud/Myspace. There was a Reddit post with a list of all his bands pre-CC, but I think it got deleted. You could probably find something if you dig.
>>
>>68663838
Thanks for the info, I was able to find some of his work as Entrepreneurs.
>>
>>68663838
Found the Reddit post. All the links are dead though
https://www.reddit.com/r/clarenceclarity/comments/4ejdar/precc_discography/
>>
>>68663276
>I find it strange that he got as big as he did in just a few years.
He's not big at all though. His album came out over a year ago and it's gotten hardly any attention.
>>
>>68662661
if the whole next album is like that single with Pizza Boy or whatever the fuck his name is, i'll be a bit disappointed desu. that said, No Now is one of my favorite albums ever, arguably. i wish there was more like it, chaotic melodic, he's kind of like death grips but blending different genres than them. it works really fucking well, and that song splitting hairs, the production and clarence's part were good, but i feel like it was kind of neutered.
>>
>>68665158
If anything it's going to be more like SAME and Telenovela.
>>
>>68665158
I totally agree with the Death Grips comparison. To me, both of them are contemporaries of a new style of music, a chaotic take on existing genres (DG:hip-hop::CC:r&b). For the most part, they push the limits without becoming too overwhelming or unbearable. I wonder if we'll see other genres take on "style" in the future.
>>
>>68665507
whoa i haven't heard these, checking now
>>
>>68665601

update: telenovela is fucking great, i love the pitch shifted vox, and it's distinct enough from No Now that I'm pretty excited. whoa this breakdown is... weird.

SAME is really cool, i'm not sure which song i like more. both are better than splitting hairs, although i still really dig the hook on that song.

>>68665596

that's absolutely the best way to describe it. and i hope it happens more. speaking of boundary-pushing r&b, i'd argue d'angelo's last album is also kind of in this category. it definitely blends different styles and pushes the boundaries of those styles. or maybe i'm just confusing boundary-pushing with exceptionally-well-done. idk.
>>
>>68665703
Black Messiah? It's definitely well-done but it's still too grounded in reality for this category. By that I mean, if you look at Clarence and Death Grips (music and image), they live entirely off of the Internet. I remember Clarence saying something on the Needle Drop Podcast about his music being a reflection of the overwhelming digital age.
>>
>>68665596
And this why I'm confused as to why he's so underrated. Death Grips were pretty well known at this point in their career (Exmilitary)
>>
>>68663478
It is. Titanic Sinclair is a character in the That Poppy ARG/internet theater project. He's played by Corey Mixter.
(They're not actually cousins. Nor are they related at all. I don't think they even know each other.)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.