[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I discoverd this album yesterday and I absolutely love it. Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: peoplethatcaneat.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
peoplethatcaneat.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
I discoverd this album yesterday and I absolutely love it.
Which album of theirs do I listen to next?
>>
Stop, you're gonna be dissapointed as everything else is awful.
Go listen to the Violent Femmes instead and if you're really curious, I guess knife man.
>>
None of them
They're all bad
You're lucky you started out with the only good folk punk album because now you can explore other genres
>>
They are a shitty numale band. Really cringeworthy people. But I guess we are in it for the music, eh?

Check out Knife Man next, it's their second least shittiest.
>>
can't maintain and home style are their best albums
too bad they're shit now
>>
hahah LOL cuck xDDD SJW Le wife's son NU-male cuck hahahah xDDDDD kekekekeke
>>
knife man fucking sucks

their split with ghost mice is their best go listen to that and can't maintain
>>
>post-ironic nu-male white shame
Folk Punk is so awful holy kek
>>
I don't know I couldn't listen to that album for more than 60 seconds
>>
Hi Gang! Big news today.

We are officially changing our name from Andrew Jackson Jihad to the simple, familiar abbreviation that most of you already call us: AJJ.

The two biggest reasons for this are:
1.) We are not Muslims, and as such, it is disrespectful and irresponsible for us to use the word jihad in our band’s name.
2.) We no longer wish to be a living reminder of president Andrew Jackson. Interesting historical figure as he was, he was an odious person and our fascination with him has grown stale.

We are very sorry to any people the name has offended. We would like to thank those who have reached out over the years to let us know that the name is problematic, especially those who reached out with kindness. Had we known in 2004 that we would still be making music together 12 years later, we most certainly would have chosen a more thoughtful name from the start.

The name AJJ fits us better than Andrew Jackson Jihad. It has been our nickname for those in the know forever. It hearkens back to the great skatepunk bands like JFA, FYP, LFO, etc… It also retains, even amplifies the quality that I liked about the name Andrew Jackson Jihad; that it can be interpreted in different ways. Now that we are AJJ we can be “Arizona Juvenile Justice”, “Anonymous Junk Jugglers,” “Actress January Jones” (Chris Farren thought of that one) the possibilities are endless and we’re very excited to see what you all come up with.
>>
>>68660341
What a joke, I forgot about this
>>
>>68660341
>
>>
>>68660216
If you liked this one, Can't Maintain and Candy Ciggarettes And Capital Guns are great in a similar way. Knife man is amazing, but in a more punk way.
>>
File: 1477142831849.jpg (192KB, 664x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477142831849.jpg
192KB, 664x720px
>>68660341
>>
>>68660341
"Folk Punk was a mistake"
-Violent Femmes
>>
Rompilation is good.

Also fuck what all these other fags are saying. Don't feel bad about liking music.
>>
>>68660243
>violent femmes
Talk about laughable.

>OOOH MA MAMA MO MO OO MA MEE MEE
What the fuck?
>>
>>68660341
OP here,
I hate AJJ now
>>
>>68660243
Which album of theirs would you recommend
>>
christmas island wasnt thaaaaaaaaaaaaat baaaaaaaaaaad guys
bible 2, on the other hand...
>>
>>68660659
wo wee a band makes some weird noises bad album
>>
>>68660299
there's nothing wrong with any of that.
>>
>>68660341
yikes
>>
>>68660743
Start with the self-titled
>>
>>68660341
The label made them change their name to keep SJWs away.

They're not le ebin nu male cucks, they're just sellouts.
>>
>>68661562
I mean they sorta are IMO, but not because of the name change.
>>
>>68661649
What gives you that vibe? I never really picked up on it.
>>
>>68660341
At least they kept the abbreviation which signifies that they at least didn't want to completely ditch the name. At least it's not Viet Cong -> Preoccupations.
>>
>>68660806
Yeah. They're an obnoxious, shitty gimmick.
>>
>>68660743
Listen to there first two, keep going but except for a few odd songs it just gets worse. Apparently one of the solo albums are great but that's it

>>68660659
B8
>>
>>68662022
The new album is pretty good
>>
Only God Can Judge Me is pretty good as well.
>>
>>68662191
It's there best work since blind leading the naked but it's still not nearly as good as those first two godly albums
>>
They've got a fun cover of 2 headed boy
>>
>/moo/ hating on AJJ
What happened while i was out?
>>
i like ramshackle glory
>>
>>68661688
I'm a straight white male in Americaaaaaaaaaaa,
I got all the luck I need!
>>
>>68660341
>hey let's change our name because andrew jackson was le racist and we as white westerners can't understand the deeply spiritual concept of jihad

not

>hey let's change our name because of the horrible things done in the name of jihad

baka desu senpai andrew jackson jihad was a fantastic meme name
>>
>>68662819
/pol/ is paying a visit.
>>
>>68662022
>B8
how is pointing out the fact that the vocals for violent femmes are fucking retarded considered bait

Y'all just forced yourselves to like violent femmes
>>
>>68660243
Knife Man and Can't Maintain are good albums my dude.

The rest are 100% pure shit.
>>
tfw just bought tickets to see AJJ at a fairly intimate venue in Columbus Ohio. Any 614 homies going to that show?
>>
>>68663180
"Jihad" isn't a specific thing.
It just means struggle. Not all Jihads are holy wars or atrocities or whatever.

>>68662819
They changed their name for a retarded reason
They released 2 fucking awful albums
/pol/ pushed "le ebin numale" meme
>>
Can't Maintain and Knife Man are both better albums than People.

Ghost Mice split and Only God Can Judge Me are solid too.

Christmas Island is eh
new album is trash
>>
Dont care about the memes, People That Can Eat People and Can't Maintain are fantastic. Knife man and Christmas Island are mediocre. The Bible 2 is bad.
>>
Knife Man is much better than Christmas Island.
>>
>>68663093
American Tune was written to critique SJWs and how "straight white males in america" arent the pinnacle of privilege... its irony
>>
>>68660341
Now that's not very punk now is it.
>>
File: 1476997077621s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1476997077621s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Can't maintain is just as good as this album. Why do people keep saying not to look elsewhere
>>
>>68663093
You're a fucking retard. That songs all about how that's not true.
>>
has sean ever made an official comment on the message of american tune? or is it just left to be debated
>>
Best Andrew Jackson Jihad album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBq2gB2sNk0
>>
>>68661767
and some SJW got triggered over how the new name was probably making fun of the people who got mad and were "preoccupied" with their name.
like fucking hell
>>
desu live at the beacon theatre is my all time favorite.
>>
>>68660216

Post link or KYS.
>>
>>68666259
why would he kiss you faggot
why are you on this board if you havent heard that album? why don't you do a quick googlio searchio instead of demanding it from someone else?
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>68660341
seriously?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.