[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: albums that were talked about for a week and then faded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
ITT: albums that were talked about for a week and then faded into obscurity
>>
I still listen to 2048 loads
>>
>>68659358
I really wanted it to be good but there wasn't anything in it that stood out
>>
MBV
Sleep Cycle
>>
basically every single album released this year
>>
File: Random_Access_Memories.jpg (21KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
Random_Access_Memories.jpg
21KB, 329x329px
>>68659358
>>
>>
File: Jamie_xx_-_In_Colour.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jamie_xx_-_In_Colour.png
22KB, 300x300px
>>
>>68659545
There's just so much good music coming out right now. This year is easily better than last year.

>>68659529
I revisited Sleep Cycle a couple of weeks ago and it has aged really well. I think Deakin's voice alone just does it for me more than AnCo harmonies. Might be in my top 10 of this year.
>>
>>68659358
Nothing stood out
>>68659558
The worst Daft Punk album
>>
File: kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo.png (785KB, 807x808px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo.png
785KB, 807x808px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndxqfw-2660
>>
File: make it sweet.jpg (760KB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
make it sweet.jpg
760KB, 1587x1600px
>>
File: Untitled.png (125KB, 523x488px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
125KB, 523x488px
BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

THE LEAD SINGER OF THIS BAND TOOK A SHIT LAST NIGHT

CHECK THE FRONTPAGE OF PITCHFORK FOR DETAILS
>>
File: bowie-gouster.jpg (161KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bowie-gouster.jpg
161KB, 1200x1200px
It's because most of the songs were previously issued, but it's a really great alternate sequence nonetheless.
>>
>>68659733
What am I looking at?
>>
>>68659635
I still listen to this more than anything else, fans of Blonde have gotten a ton of mileage from it. Endless gets a ton of spins too
>>
>>68659358
Seems like I'm the odd one out but I'm still listening to this one. Silent Struggles is my favorite song.
>>
>>68659734
I love Girls but I never got into this album that much

Broken Dreams Club and Holy Ghost on the other hand are masterpieces imo
>>
>>68659862
It's an album based on a rhythm game called Um Jammer Lammy. The music on the album is significantly worse than all of the music in the game.
>>
File: katy.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
katy.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>68659975
>Not liking Katy Kat's superior vocals

Hehehehehehe
>>
>>68659529
Sleep Cycle is an easy 9/10 tho
Bravo deakin
>>
>>68660039
Fuck you. Um Jammer Lammy is my favorite game and I've beaten it at least 50 times. Katy is shit covering any song except for the one that plays on the last stage.
>>
>>68659529
Sleep Cycle is AOTY
>>
Was that even talked about for a week? People ironically listened to it because it's a meme actor making music, but no one actually expected some classic album that would be remembered forever.
>>
>>68660095
IDK man, I was mostly baiting.

I like her vocals in fright flight and Keep Your Head up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOFdViubq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0qT-PXHQw

Rumor is she's dead, which is why PaRappa 2 had a shitty replacement.
[spoiler] Also fucking lammy posting is a bannable offense now on /v/ because barneyfag is triggered by it now for some reason [/spoiler]
>>
>>68660141
Eh, Fright Flight was my favorite song from the game and I don't like the vocals she does on it. She doesn't sound disinterested enough to play the calm pilot. She makes Baby Baby way better which was the worst song in the game. And Fire Fire isn't the same without (what I assume) is a burly black man singing it.

Youtube comments confirm she's dead.
>>
>>68659635
I agree, the more I think about it the less I like it
>>
>>68660193
I kind of feel the point of the album is "The songs Lammy played are now being incorporated into the ban's repertoire." After all, Milkcan was planned to get more albums as a virtual band if Lammy sold well (which it didn't in the US sadly).

I will admit Fright Flight would have been better if she sounded dopier on the calmer lines. Fright Flight is definitely above baby baby in my book, but I didn't have a problem with the melody, only the lyrics and the constant "NOW PUT THESE KIDS TO SLEEP WILL YA?"

>Youtube comments confirm she's dead.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. She seems to have dropped out of cyberspace completely for years now, but I don't think we'll ever really know.
>>
>>68659529
Sleep cycle is great I listen to it often
>>
that fisherman album
to pimp a butterfly
jenny death
powers that b
>>
>>68659657
>aged well
>album came out this year

fuck you
>>
>>68660356
>Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
That's what one of the comments says. I can't tell you if it's true or not, but if it's fake he'd be trolling a pretty niche audience.
>>
>>68659558
thank god. it was utter shit. I've always said it.
>>
File: I'm out.gif (2MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
I'm out.gif
2MB, 427x240px
>>68660492
>niche audience
>Remember the Lammy fanbase is limited to the scrappings of the parappa fanbase, furries, and people who actually appreciate the music

It hurts man.
>>
File: flat1000x1000075f.jpg (40KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat1000x1000075f.jpg
40KB, 1000x1000px
any album from this year
>>
>>68660445
>to pimp a butterfly

There's been more threads about that here than any rap album ever.
>>
Birds in the trap sing mcnight
and basically any other hip hop album from this year
>>
>>68660555
>check'd
I don't understand Bowie. He just seems like pretty standard rock stuff that dresses weird. Is he good? Did people only like him because he died? Did I have to be alive when he was getting big to like him?
>>
>>68659358
That incredibly average Beyonce album
>>
>>68660755
Which one?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.