[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>El-P >went from being an underground fucking legend with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: rtj3.jpg (50KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rtj3.jpg
50KB, 700x394px
>El-P

>went from being an underground fucking legend with a great solo career and also production on amazing classics such as The Cold Vein

>Kill Mike

>not as great as El-P but still a highly respectable rapper with some solid solo albums

>Run The Jewels

>they both team up and make a great album, then two years later they are getting features from fucking Zach De La Roache and Gangsta Boo, making meme cat noise albums, partnering with a cartoon channel to make corny T-shirts with reddit cartoons, and doing commercials for dudebro video games like Gears Of War 4

what the fuck happened???
>>
>>68656452
>having fun is bad

they should be suffering and hating themselves and everyone. I won't stand for this!!!!
>>
Yeah Emerson, Lake & Palmer are pretty good.
>>
popularity happened

same happened to death grips, grimes, basically every underground artist who had made a big fanbase, even things you described at the end of the post are similar in some way
>>
>>68656452

It's called selling out. Every artist lives for the day they can cash in their marketability for money. You don't spend a lifetime sacrificing time and energy without expecting a financial return. Grow the fuck up and be happy people with talent are allowed to make good music and content for money.
>>
sold out
>>
>>68656580
I don't think DG has changed their public demeanor much
>>
>>68656452
the pitchfork hip hop revolution happened and they had an opportunity to make a shit ton of money/fame off 15 year old white kids in return for offering p4k some level of legitimacy in commenting on hip hop. good for them. killer mike was always shit, and el-p was on the decline anyway. his earlier discography isn't going anywhere, he may as well get some compensation after almost two decades in the business
>>
>>68657376
OP wasn't talking about demeanour though
they were partnering with adult swim, their songs appeared in battlefield hardline, commercial of Adidas, some other things I don't remember
>>
>>68656502
>kek
>>
>>68656452
Simple, they were always shit
>>
>>68657578
they were on sony you dumbfuck. did you forget?

also you can do whatever you want at adult swim, hence run the jewels
>>
>>68657815
This. Run the Jewels stuff has aged like milk.
>>
>>68657915

yeah but El-P's solo/production work is still god-tier
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.