[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you listen to Earl Sweatshirt? >No memes, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: 1453251952154.jpg (82KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1453251952154.jpg
82KB, 319x319px
Why don't you listen to Earl Sweatshirt?
>No memes, just a kid who likes to rap and is really good
>Sounds like GZA, lyricism good as Nas
>Kendrick Lamar's favorite rapper
>been around baseline popularity since 2010
>>
>>68644386
I heard his song play on a T.V. show my mom was watching
>>
He's the best thing to come out of OF.
IDLS> Doris= s/t
>>
>>68644575
Him and Frank.
>>
>sounds like GZA
No
>lyricism as good as Nas
Maybe, but not as good as GZA
>>
>>68644575
I think Doris is slightly better than s/t but basically yeah.
I love Earl, I think his best is still to come tho
>>
>Good atmospheric producer

His verse on centurion is so dope
>>
>>68644386
Because I love Gorilaz
>>
>>68644598
yup
>>
Excited for his new shit. I like when he's aggressive like in Really Doe.
>>
>>68644781
Definitely the best verse on that song
>>
>>68644781
I think his aggressiveness is so damn satisfying because he sounds despondent in anything past EARL. Regardless, I love the shit, but I'm expecting an album of songs like Solace as opposed to an aggressive one.
>>
Where did kendrick say earls his fav?
>>
>>68644598
And Vince is okay if he keeps his place in mind. Only there when Earl needs a partner that compliments his style. Pretty much just be a leach and all will be good.
>>
I love Earl, he's my favorite hip hop artist right now.

IDLS = Solace > Doris > EARL

Really wish he'd make a studio album out of Solace.
>>
>>68644386
>rapper
This Nigga is seriously just slurring words together or talking in his songs. I like the song molasses but his flow/technique/delivery is fucking shit
>>
>>68645884
His flow is sexy as fuck, he's like a baby MF DOOM. Ugliest nigga with the sexiest flow.
>>
>>68644873

on twitter.
>>
>>68644386
Him and Mac Miller seem to have a really good rapport, wouldn't mind hearing more from both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJPkQkhwn8
>>
>>68644386
i love earl but does anyone else think he hasn't put out his best yet? i feel like he's got potential to drop a goat release, especially now hes not tied to OF shit anymore
>>
File: AM.png (52KB, 517x294px) Image search: [Google]
AM.png
52KB, 517x294px
>>68644873
>>
IDLS one of the best hip hop albums of the decade, almost perfect. The biggest flaws on his work are always poorly placed guest tracks. I'd love to hear an album of just him and Vince.
>>
If Solace was the closing track of IDLS that album would've been so much more of a statement. I'm not complaining, I can just listen to them back to back and it's like the same thing. But, I think it was unwise for him to make Solace such a low-profile release, because it was so original and emotionally raw

Also it would've complimented the misanthropic/sarcastic vibes of IDLS, because although Solace is also sad, it's more of a "coming-to-terms" feeling with a silver lining
>>
Where do I download solace? Is it even a real EP with a real place to download? Because the only place I've listened to it is youtube.
>>
>>68644386
>Kendrick Lamar's favorite rapper
I actually like Earl but Kendrick also thinks that JayZ is better than Nas, so his opinions are invalidated.
>>
>>68646348
Absolutely. Earl is still very young. He will peak soon but he's not quite there yet. As soon as he gets his life in order he will either suck (which I don't want) because he doesn't know what to rap about, or he will release his magnum opus. Eother way, his verse on AM Radio is one of my fabourites.
>Bitch I skated before I rapped
>>
>>68644386
I listened to a song of his once. He is good, but not good enough to make me like hip hop.
>>
he's being mentored by knxwledge so expect his new shit to sound a lot like that
>>
>>68644781
Yeah, have you heard recordings from his recent live shows? He's performing some new material and it's insane, like, when Earl comes alive it sounds like some beast has just awakened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9o9eWKjBLk
>>
>>68646605
>illmatic the rapper
>>
>>68644874
vince was never part of OF though, he was just a loose affiliate
>>
>>68647634
Wow. Now I'm hyped.
>>
>>68647634
thats good and cool
>>
>>68644386
Hey, I still listen to Doris from time to time, respect
>>
>>68646605
Does he really think that? Can you provide a source on where he said that?
>>
>>68649501
>>
>>68644386
>Why don't you listen to Earl Sweatshirt?
I forgot he and OF entirely existed at one point until now. Apparently IDLS is really good so I guess i'll give that a listen.
>>
>>68649698
I don't even know what to say, I can't even right now.

>>68649802
>Apparently IDLS is really good so I guess i'll give that a listen.
Get ready to be disappointed
>>
>>68650058
>says things like " i can't even right now"
>doesn't like IDLS

checks out
>>
>>68650090
>says things like " i can't even right now"
Its a meme you dip, calm down and quit sucking earls dick you edgy delinquent
>>
I really should get around to listening to solace
Love all his other projects though
One of my favorite rappers
>>
>>68650171
Solace is only 10 minutes long, it's best listened to at night.
>>
>>68650234
Only 10 minutes?
Yeah I have no good excuse for not checking that out now.
I'll download and listen after my classes today
>>
>>68650154
im pretty calm but you seemed worked up bb
>>
>>68644386
Beats are so fucking boring.
>>
>>68650319
seem*
>>
stopped reading at ``no memes'' cuz the memes are literally the only reason i listen to earl sweatshirt
>>
Solace and IDLSIDGO are honestly incredible, any you dudes know of anything similar?
>>
>>68644386
THIS NIGGA UGLY
>>
What about Domo Genesis?
>>
>>68646605
He likes JayZ more because that's what he listened to, it's just his bias, he can have opinions too, that doesn't invalidate that earl is amazing just cause jay z isn't that great and kendrick likes him too.
>>
>>68649698
But this is objectively true.
>>
>>68646015
literally just sounds like mf with cotton pads in his mouth
>>
>>68650921
I can see that. I assume that's why he's not a big name rapper. He's got everything you'd want just his delivery isn't very appealing. But I find it's what makes him unique
>>
>>68650883
not when Illmatic has 0 filler songs and Reasonable Doubt has at least 5
>>
>>68644386
>lyricism good as Nas
WEWLAD
>>
>>68644874
Vince was never an OF member
>>
>>68644386
earl is GOAT imo
love all his releases
>>
>>68644386
He's the most promising rapper out there right now.
He does seem kinda fazed out and tired with all the fame, judging by his latest interviews.

His last album had great beats. I wish he does a more focused and conceptual record next time. The whole "taking care of my mama, granny is still dead, gotta get shot done when you're famous" rants are getting a bit old.

No disrispect tho. he's a great lyricist.
>>
>>68649698
That's just...so fucking stupid.
>>
>>68646583
It's a single 10 minute song iirc
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.