[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a Swans concert in a couple days. Do I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

I'm going on a Swans concert in a couple days. Do I really need to get earplugs? I kinda don't want to get them but I have small tinnitus already. I've already been to a MBV show and after 2 days of constant ringing in my ears I was fine.

Also if I do get the earplugs is it gonna damage my ears the same if I take it off for some parts at least?

And last question, what are they playing at the show? TGM in entirety or some other material too?
>>
I went to mbv and swans too. I wore plugs for 10 minutes both times but it sounded like shit. The next day my ears were back to normal.

I had generic earplugs, no special concert ones btw.

They play a new song, some tgm tracks and screen shot.
>>
>>68635201
Gira is going to call you out if you wear earplugs. I wouldn't risk it.

I saw it happen when I saw them. I felt so bad for the dude. Gira stopped the show and had a spotlight put on the guy. He left, crying
>>
>>68635306
>>68635468
please ignore, wear ear plugs, be nice to your ears
>>
>>68635306
Do you have tinnitus?

>>68635468
I know he hates it but I need some more serious answers
>>
>>68635581
please ignore, don't listen to Swans, be nice to your ears
>>
Don't wear earplugs pussy nigga
>>
If it's in a smaller inside venue, then yes definitely wear them.

If it's an outside venue you can probably get away without them, but it'd be best to use them anyways.

Everybody on this board is probably going to have some kind of hearing damage in the future, you don't want to make it even worse.

And when I saw them a month ago they played most of TGM, a couple songs from TBK, and 1 new song.
>>
Bring them and keep them in your pockets. If you feel like you need them put them on
>>
>>68635962
>>68636064
Thanks guys, its exactly what I'll do.
>>
>>68635468
People really care about that? Gira needs to drop the tough guy act, just because he doesnt give a shit if he goes deaf or not doesnt mean other people shouldnt to.
>>
When I saw them, even the sound guy had ear plugs. I heard him tell someone else that it was 126 dB on stage, and up to 115 in the house.

In that environment, you have maybe 15 minutes before permanent damage starts happening
At 120 dB, your ears are in danger after a minute of exposure. shows how crazy the band is
>>
>>68636185
That guy was memeing.

Gira doesn't give a shit, he's actually surprisingly chill. As long as you're not doing something to disturb the people around you like moshing, he will not care how you enjoy the music.
>>
>>68636204
Then how does Gira himself and the band arent deaf already?
>>
>>68636857
They probably all are half deaf.

Why do you think they have to play so loudly?
>>
>>68636951
It doesnt make sense since they have been playing this way (even louder) since 80's. They were not all half deaf at start and then start playing bit less loud.

But yeah, it could be that they're half deaf, probably actually.
>>
>this thread
>literally again
>>
>>68635468
this is complete bullshit btw unless you were wondering
>>
>>68636951
then HOW is the mixing on their albums so good??
>>
ive been to mbv and swans

swans is much louder u need plugs

dont worry youll hear it
>>
>>68635581
>>68638380
>>68636595

I only know what I saw guys. Maybe the dude he yelled at had very apparent earplugs in.
>>
Just saw them in Graz. Show was amazing. Crowd was shit. I wore concert earplugs and still got a slight tinnitus after the concert was over.
Girl next to me was covering her ears after some time and was handed earplugs by the organizer soon after.

Everone in the band except Gira was wearing earplugs too as far as I could see just in case you were wondering.
>>
The first time I saw them Jamie from Xiu Xiu was the opener, painfully loud -- louder than them. You really should bring earplugs just in case and take them out if you don't feel like it
>>
I saw them in Cincinnati a couple months ago, didn't wear earplugs. I was in the very front and I was fucked for at least 3 days. Wear ear plugs
>>
>>68635201
I can't enjoy music when it gets too loud. Earplugs to me reduce to a volume where I can actually hear the music.
>>
>>68639210
Also about half the people had earplugs in, small venue. And there was no complaints about it.
>>
>>68635201
It can get very loud at times. Earplugs are highly recommended.
>>
>>68639210
hey i was there too. i was on the second floor and i partied hard during the glowing man. didn't wear earplugs, didnt care. my neck hurt the most afterwards, and i had work at 6am the next morning
>>
>>68639375
Yea the only reason I really wanted them was because I was standing right next to the damn amps. My ears were dead after the QT opener.
Where you from?
>>
>>68639459
toledo. wouldve gone to a closer show but my paychecks are biweekly.

on their last tour i was living in louisiana and i was moshing and bashing my head against the stage amps at their show in new orleans during the same glowing man part. some dudes stopped me cuz i guess they thought i was fucked up by drugs. i wasn't, it was just the first time hearing that song from them and i loved it
>>
>>68639564
Yea that was a drive huh, I live right across the Ohio in hick Kentucky.
Yea I am too fucking awkward to mosh or do any crazy shit like that. Would rather kill self.
>>
>>68639680
3 hours long drive, 4 hours on way back to take emergency nap breaks. got home at 4 am, went to work at 6

was fucking worth it though, especially with this being the last swans tour

i love letting myself go when things get intense but the awkward part was meeting gira himself. i couldn't say anything until he asked how are you?

what i said in response was embarrasing and i dont want it to be screencapped

pic related tho
>>
>>68638981
i still don't understand how gira isnt deaf
>>
>>68639895
please tell
>>
>>68639895
That girl at the merch table though was cute af.
TFW no pics and I left right when the show ended and purchased merch before the show. feelsbadman
When I left I had a squad of niggers surrounding my car.
>>
>>68639895
Greentext story please
>>
>>68640031
yeah she was awesome. i paid by card for some cds and used a smiley face as a signature, and she showed me that someone used a penis with a smile on its tip as a sig earlier. was cute and funny

>>68640029
nu
>>
>>68640145
I just got a Filth and glowing man shirt
Already have all their stuff on vinyl. Needed dem band tees
Also please do tell story, I need a good laugh.
>>
>>68640145
Please tell us anon, we live for this shit
I personally guarantee that no one will screencap
>>
>>68639210
>>68639375
I was at the Cincy show too. The opener Okkyung Lee was badass. I was high as hell for that shit.
>>
>>68640055
>>68640145
Obey the dubs anon
Pls
>>
>>68640213
>>68640367
ehh fine

all i said was something like "i'm good, i survived, i dont know how, but i survived"

he finished signing my cd by that time and i said thanks and moved on. i didn't want to say the usual "youre my biggest inspiration" bs that everyone says and i didn't know how to make good significant conversation with him, so i choked in that regard.

still happy that i had that moment with him though, so whatever i guess
>>
>>68640487
I assumed their was probably quite a few people from /mu/ there
>>
>>68640601
Ah that's fine, had me thinkin you said somethin real retarded
Thanks for sharing bb
>>
>>68640666
it felt like it at the time, but i'm sure he understood that i was anxious to speak up

and i'm sure he's had much worse experiences with autist fans
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.