[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>why don't you like Pet Sounds, anon? I put a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 31

>why don't you like Pet Sounds, anon? I put a lot of work into it
>>
>inb4 "teenagers think" pasta
>>
>>68632229
not even Brian thinks its that great

I love it but even Brian said Rubber soul is better
>>
File: brianstare.jpg (38KB, 682x738px) Image search: [Google]
brianstare.jpg
38KB, 682x738px
>>68632344
when did he say that
>>
I swear that if I were a little gay, and super smart, I would go back in time to 1967 and not only help Brian finish SMiLE but I'd also start a strange bromance with him that would lean a little bit more to the "romance" and less on the "bro", but it'd be ok because it's not gay unless the balls touch/you say "no homo".
But yuh.
Brian Wilson is fucking amazing.
>>
File: nakey.jpg (103KB, 1228x876px) Image search: [Google]
nakey.jpg
103KB, 1228x876px
>>68633682
every time
>>
>>68632229
your work on smile was visionary
that white, spiritual sound you were looking for realized and you were making true american folk art, nothing like it has come since

wild honey, friends, and 20/20 were still looking for creative new ideas

sunflower is probably the perfect beach boys record

the stuff on surf's up is just so reaching, if you thought pet sounds was going deep, the brian songs on surf's up drop further down with a cosmic drop. brian embracing the jungian shadow and his pain being manifested into high art

carl and the passions and holland et al have the band still releasing great stuff from the period - all this is that, a sonic recreation of the godhead and the fairytale mt vernon and fairway standing out, as well as other beach boys contributions with their songs getting better and them getting tighter as a band

love you, adult child, california feeling
some of the best, soulful, manic late 70s beach boys stuff. the galactic cocaine inspired space symphonies and boogies of love you, the depressing melancholoy of adult child's it's over now or still i dream of it

then the brian solo stuff, criticized for landy's involvement, is among the best material he's put out - particularly sweet insanity, the paley sessions. thank you brian
>>
>>68633948
>that white, spiritual sound you were looking for realized
It was never realized you dummy
>>
File: guitar_SMASH.jpg (95KB, 424x662px) Image search: [Google]
guitar_SMASH.jpg
95KB, 424x662px
>>68633948
what songs specifically were good from the landy period
ive only heard weird stuff from him then
>>
>>68634030
uh yes it was
listen to the smile tapes
in interviews from the 60s, brian and the wilsons agreed that brian found that holy direction he wanted to take the music and make music that heals
surf's up, wonderful, cabinessence all worthy examples

>>68634031
listen to all of sweet insanity, not all of it has his involvement which as mainly lyrics
of course brian wilson 1988 if you've never listened to it

second two are post landy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPbpkM9he38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qskjyyPRC2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06E5TECgMyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJ57hJx6BY
>>
File: jesus.jpg (56KB, 479x700px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
56KB, 479x700px
>>68634241
does anyone else notice how different brians voice sounds after a certain point? its almost like he has a weird accent
btw i liked that last song, soul searchin
>>
File: brian69.jpg (71KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
brian69.jpg
71KB, 618x800px
How do you go from this
>>
>>68634572
.........where are his hands
>>
>>68634555
that was actually carl wilson, his brother
it was the last vocal he did before he died
yeah it's got a cool kinda motown sound

as far as brian's voice in 74 or 75 he started chain smoking and wanting to be a crooner and writing slice of life songs you can hear in the later 70s
he really wanted to sound like his brother dennis, more mature manly gruff gravely etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESrosQNurrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-ZOmA0tsY

dennis circa la light album for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Ka4BpLzgk
>>
File: DELICIOUS.jpg (73KB, 983x1012px) Image search: [Google]
DELICIOUS.jpg
73KB, 983x1012px
>>68634572
...to THIS
>>
File: JUST.png (2MB, 1038x1021px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2MB, 1038x1021px
>>68634674
its more than just gruffness though, he pronounces things differently
anyways its kind of sad that he was so hung up on being "masculine", he had a beautiful falsetto
i heard he was so obsessed with how effeminate his voice seemed because his dad always told him he wasnt a real man, sad stuff
>>
File: mike-l.jpg (244KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
mike-l.jpg
244KB, 720x405px
>>68634572
to this?
>>
File: al.jpg (93KB, 770x1050px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
93KB, 770x1050px
>>68634767
he looks badass there though
the clothes that they were wearing was great during that time
i want to get a replica of that delicious shirt
also alan's "keep it clean with al jardine" tight blue t shirt
>>
>>68634834
they all kind of took up affectations like that, depending on the style they were singing

once at a highschool performance when brian first demonstrated his ability to sing high in front of his peers he was really self conscious about it and i think they laughed at him and it really hurt him badly, dennis would always defend him

he still had pretty good falsetto in the 70s and even 80s and 90s, he just didn't always show it off, during the later landy years his voice improved remarkably though
>>
File: BW shopped_zpsjsc8z3kq.jpg (247KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
BW shopped_zpsjsc8z3kq.jpg
247KB, 816x612px
>>68634866
a guy on smileysmile.net actually made his own t shirt

I'm considering doing the same thing for when i see them in april
>>
>>68634930
yeah i remember that thread

i ordered a radiant radish shirt and wore it when i saw brian play earlier this year in texas
going to see him again in 2017 for the supposed "final" performances of pet sounds
>>
>>68634834
Yeah very upsetting. I wonder if he knew that Surf's Up and all the other songs he goes hugh with bring thousands of people to tears. I also read something their producer Jack Rieley said. Found this from an anon a few weeks ago so thanks anon:

"About that time Brian began talking in detail about a massage parlour in West Hollywood and one of the girls who worked there. At first he spoke only of going there for massages. Some days later he began going on and on about the masseuse who he said was turning him on. He was hot for Marcella. One day I arrived at Bellagio to find him showing off a dildo. He needed the dildo, he said, to impress Marcella. His dick was too small, he protested, so he needed the dildo to show off. It was not the first nor the last time that Brian devoted hours to discussing his sexual insecurities. The fact that he had given birth to two girls was, he said, proof that Murry was right: Brian wasn't a real man. Murry fathered three boys, Carl had one and another was on the way, Dennis had fathered boys. But he, Brian, could only father girls. The conversations went on for hours at a time. Then there came the day I was in his living room with Carnie and Wendy when Brian strode in, a huge dildo protruding from beneath his jeans. I was repulsed as Brian caused Carnie to come over to him while he talked about the dildo. When I chided Brian, he reacted by telling his daughters, "Carnie, Wendy... I'm not your father." Soon I evacuated the kids to the garden." -Jack Rieley (their band manager in the early 70s) Absolute madness. Sad. Happy he's better now.
>>
File: briananddennis.gif (1MB, 399x304px) Image search: [Google]
briananddennis.gif
1MB, 399x304px
>>68634921
>dennis would always defend him
any source on this? im not saying your lying, id just like to hear stories about it
>>
File: oh_brian.png (93KB, 2810x1830px) Image search: [Google]
oh_brian.png
93KB, 2810x1830px
>>68634974
this is the story that inspired THIS beautiful illustration
>>
>>68635675
the previous two biographies about brian, maybe the newest one too but i haven't read it

pretty sure they mention it in most documentaries

i can't recall specific stories in detail or be fucked to look them up in my books but basically, he protected him when they were still in highschool and definitely against mike love during their tenure as beach boys
dennis really looked up to brian as a songwriter and along with carl, really understood and was in full support of the smile material
>>
File: beachboyscomic.jpg (155KB, 540x598px) Image search: [Google]
beachboyscomic.jpg
155KB, 540x598px
>>68635770
can you give me the names of the biographies
also yea i remember some quote by dennis saying something like
>smile is better than pet sounds
while mike was of course shitting on both albums
>>
>>68635949
wouldn't it be nice, the autobiography, no don't discredit it because you hear it was written by landy or some shit, it's the later portion that was written heavily in his favor, the early history and beach boys stories line up with other accounts

catch a wave is by far the best biography i have read

read the david leaf book about the band too
>>
>>68635949
also if you want interviews like the one you were referencing from dennis it's in this kinda scrapbook thing about smile called look! listen! vibrate! smile!

he said something like smile is so good it's going to make pet sounds stink or something

also either he or carl said it was as big of an improvement over pet sounds as pet sounds was to summer days and summer nights
>>
>>68634241
>listen to the smile tapes
Like Child is Father of The man or Look or Holiday or The Elements or I'm in Great Shape?

None of that was finished.
>>
>>68633682
I can't believe the copypasta I wrote to annoy Animal Collective fans on reddit is catching on. It's like a shitty dream come true.
>>
>>68636134
you specifically list the fragment, unfinished material? also, not particularly the best of the work, in my opinion with the exception of i'm in great shape, and by the elements i assume you mean fire? or maybe love to say dada

the other songs, like the ones i specifically mentioned as examples, were probably about as finished as they could get, if not by 1967 then by 1969 with the parts added for the 20/20 album
>>
>>68636193
>you specifically list the fragment, unfinished material?
Did you miss the part when I said the album wasn't realized?
>by the elements i assume you mean fire
Are you not aware there are four elements?
>if not by 1967 then by 1969 with the parts added for the 20/20 album
Not realized by Brian.
>>
>>68635734
>>68634974
Feel proud to be the anon that provided that story in the first place.
>>
Why couldn't Brian have just lived a happy and healthy life and continued to make beautiful music?
>>
File: brian_talking.gif (1MB, 178x173px) Image search: [Google]
brian_talking.gif
1MB, 178x173px
>>68636702
he was fucked from the start because of his dad and his mental illness
it would be interesting to see how he would have done if he hadnt had all that shit in his life tho
it seems like all musicians who had abusive parents (including brian) say that it helped them become hardworking and creative, but im not really buying it
i think some people are just born talented and it can be brought out by being strict and abusive, otherwise everyone would beat their kids lol
>>
>>68636223
regardless of whether the album came out or not, he achieved the sound he was looking for

what are the four elements then? there is no evidence to show that vegetables was earth or windchimes was air or any of the fan theories. it simply reads the elements on the tracklist draft

except they were, with the help of carl. just like surf's up in 1971. there were a few things left out of cabinessence by van dyke parks but everything else was there circa 66/67, just some vocals sweetened

>>68636702
because then he would have made entirely different music that probably wouldn't have been as good or emotionally raw at least
>>
>>68632229
>>68634834

dan the man schneider
>>
>>68637080
>>68637087
I know, it's just so sad. I think about it whenever I'm listening to The Beach Boys a lot. Brian seemed like such a sweet person and he clearly was never the same mentally or creatively after the breakdown. What could have been if Smile succeeded in '67 and the Boys killed it at Monterey Pop Fest?
>>
>>68635734
needs a beard
>>
File: the_squad.gif (920KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
the_squad.gif
920KB, 500x340px
>>68637249
true, i forgot about monterey pop fest.... weird how such small things might have had such a big impact on their career
>>
>>68637461
depending on their ages at the time, he probably didn't have a beard
>>
File: fedorabrian.png (107KB, 2810x1830px) Image search: [Google]
fedorabrian.png
107KB, 2810x1830px
>>68637461
better?
>>
>>68632229
Because Gary Usher > Tony Asher
>>
>>68637526
Yeah, from my understanding it pretty much destroyed their reputation and cemented them as dinosaurs in the eyes of the public. I think I read somewhere that Hendrix ripped into them during his performance and called them has beens or something
>>
>>68637087
>he achieved the sound he was looking for
He did not. BWPS and the Smile Sessions are not what have been released in 1967
>what are the four elements then?
>please spoonfeed me
Nope
>except they were, with the help of carl
With Carl and the rest without him. Brian was in his bedroom, not participating
>but everything else was there circa 66/67, just some vocals sweetened
[citation needed]
>>
>>68637734
he said surf music is dead
but it was because he heard news that dick dale, king of surf guitar, had terminal cancer (he survived)

in a separate interview somewhere, he described heroes and villains as like a psychedelic barbershop quartet or something like that
>>
>>68637762
which is why i said the smile tapes and specified the mostly finished songs

there is no information out there on the elements because it was never decided. you don't know better than anyone else. personally, i don't think the water, air, earth sections were recorded, just fire

he participated more than people think and about as much as he did on subsequent albums until 1972. he was in his bedroom during surf's up too but he was able to release some of the greatest material of his career on that lp

maybe session notes? if you're going to tell me to not be spoonfed (with information that doesn't exist) then you could at least search the dates yourself. the only portion i'm unsure of is the 'truck driving man' dennis vocal but everything else was backing track from the smile sessions with the wrecking crew and background vocals added in like the doing doing doings
>>
>>68637862
which is why i said the smile tapes and specified the mostly finished songs
Nice goalpost shifting
>there is no information out there on the elements
Incorrect
>he was in his bedroom during surf's up too but he was able to release some of the greatest material of his career on that lp
Like one song? lol
>maybe session notes? if you're going to tell me to not be spoonfed (with information that doesn't exist) then you could at least search the dates yourself.
Oh I see you don't have a citation for your (false) claim.

No, only backing vocals were recorded for the sections, but no lead vocals and the song was not actually together in any reasonable form. It sat unfinished until the remaining Beach boys did it years alter.

Any other questions?
>>
>>68638008
what information is there on the other elements
>>
>>68637734
ive never heard of that hendrix thing
source?
>>
Why don't a like pet sounds? Because I was expecting some exotic, mind-blowing new album where instead of guitars they had the barks and growls of various animals, and instead of a human vocalist they had parakeets and other birds singing. I wanted there to be monkeys banging rocks together for drums, with the stomping of galloping horses to make up the rest of the percussion. I wanted the mating calls of a rare, aborigines frogs being harmonized by the bleating of sheep and the quiet shuffling of a goldfish. You know, I wanted actual Pet Sounds.

Instead I got the sounds of a bunch of fags whining about having no girlfriend. Should have renamed the album Fag Sounds desu.
>>
File: mike_love_presents_pet_sounds.png (2MB, 890x913px) Image search: [Google]
mike_love_presents_pet_sounds.png
2MB, 890x913px
>>68639371
>>
>>68639371
the album you described sounds like a cool concept, but would be so shit in reality
>>
>>68638551
>what information is there on the other elements
Where have you looked?
>>
File: backwards_cap.jpg (56KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
backwards_cap.jpg
56KB, 540x540px
>>68641421
nowhere desu
>>
>>68642004
Sounds like you haven't earned shit
>>
>>68638008
what? i was trying to prove brian's "white sound" with the examples i listed from the beginning

prove me wrong about the elements. all we have to go by is the tracklist sent to capitol that was not even in brian's handwriting. anything else is speculation by others and there is no official word from brian.

re surf's up: the last 3 songs are entirely brian creations, i wasn't specifically referring to the song surf's up, as ironically, that was the one brian had the least involvement in and didn't want to work on until he showed them new lyrics and harmonies for the ending coda (a children's song)

you haven't provided any citations yourself. there is no reason for me to attempt to provide you with academic sources on the subject since you have not backed up any of your (incorrect) claims either

as for your last comment, i'm not sure what you're referring to specifically but the beach boys definitely did provide vocals during the smile sessions. under carl wilson's supervision, some parts were added and vocals doubled, etc

you are no authority on the beach boys yet act like a pompous ass
i am reminded why i haven't visited /mu/ in over 5 years
>>
>>68642267
>prove me wrong about the elements.
I shouldn't have to be punished because you didn't Do your homework. Do the research yourself.
>all we have to go by is the tracklist sent to capitol that was not even in brian's handwriting
Are you implying it wasn't official? Because Capitol went ahead and spend money on making the album sleeves. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't legit.
>the last 3 songs are entirely brian creations
Is it a creation if it was never completed?
>you haven't provided any citations yourself
That's the because the burden of proof is on you.
>i'm not sure what you're referring to specifically
Did you forget what song we were specifically talking about?
>you are no authority on the beach boys yet act like a pompous ass
I always like when little children come here and pretend to know anything about SMiLE. Please fuck off for another 5 years, no one wants your naive Brian dicksucking while ignoring the facts.
>>
>>68636178
Your parents must be very proud of you
>>
>>68642415
there is no evidence beyond what i've said regarding the elements. i've read every beach boys biography and most of what there is on the band out there. they're my favorite band. like i said there is speculation by those that were friends (vosse posse, desper) but that is just that speculation

no, i'm saying that it's the only thing sent to the label but it was not a definitive song list, and i'm not sure if brian even decided on it. it definitely is not his handwriting - i think the consensus is that it was his wife's sister or someone else close to the band

like, i mentioned i was not specifically referring to surf's up originally but the version that exists on surf's up was the smile track verbatim with a carl wilson vocal for the first part and that ending coda brian added (brian did have a vocal for the first part from the wild honey era but it wasn't unearthed until decades later)

you're the one making outlandish claims about knowing the mystery of the elements, one of the most mysterious aspects of the smile album

cabin essence? one of the biggest controversies with smile is the fact that mike love had a problem singing one of the key lyrics to the song - in 1966

thanks for proving me wrong. i appreciate every member of the beach boys equally for their contributions and understand them as being integral parts of the band
>>
>>68642705
>there is no evidence beyond
Incorrect
>i've read every beach boys biography
Oh good then you can give me some citations
>(vosse posse, desper) but that is just that speculation
Wouldn't a primary source be more accurate than some shitty biography written in the 90s?
>i'm saying that it's the only thing sent to the label but it was not a definitive song list
Then why would Capitol print it and waste the money? How did they know the correct names of the songs?
>it definitely is not his handwriting
That's fine, The Beach Boys was not solely Brian Wilson
>like, i mentioned i was not specifically referring to surf's up originally but the version that exists on surf's up was the smile track verbatim with a carl wilson vocal for the first part and that ending coda brian added (brian did have a vocal for the first part from the wild honey era but it wasn't unearthed until decades later)
Wrong again. See the recording notes in The Smile Sessions sessionogrophy.
>cabin essence? one of the biggest controversies with smile is the fact that mike love had a problem singing one of the key lyrics to the song - in 1966
Show me test edits of the complete song from 1966.
>thanks for proving me wrong
No problem, anytime
>>
>>68642836
Love that these response lists just keep getting longer and longer.
>>
>>68642464
They fucking hate me lol
>>
>>68632229
Don't be sad Brain. I think your next project will be much better. Smile.
>>
File: twopersonalities.jpg (471KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
twopersonalities.jpg
471KB, 1000x600px
>>68643710
don't....
>>
>>68643846

ashfashf what that is so funny

i love Pet Sounds! are you kiddin it's one of my favorite albums ever easy
>>
File: brianclickbate.png (218KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
brianclickbate.png
218KB, 306x480px
>>68643876
thats better
>>
>>68632229
he looks like a big baby
like literally
>>
File: hey_bb.gif (869KB, 227x175px) Image search: [Google]
hey_bb.gif
869KB, 227x175px
>>68644201
how so
>>
>>68644236
ITS HIS BEAUTIFUL AND CUTE CHUBBY CHEEKS
>>
File: briansmiley.jpg (246KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
briansmiley.jpg
246KB, 1200x901px
>>68644284
:))
>>
File: cryin_brian.gif (1MB, 227x175px) Image search: [Google]
cryin_brian.gif
1MB, 227x175px
>>68643710
>Don't be sad Brain
>Brain
if only he could take that advice
>>
I do like it.
that said, You Still Believe In Me and Don't Talk are shit.
>>
File: bri.png (81KB, 463x254px) Image search: [Google]
bri.png
81KB, 463x254px
>>68645012
>>
File: doggo.png (128KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
128KB, 500x392px
>>68645012
>You Still Believe In Me
>shit
TAKE IT BACK
>>
>>68645033
>>68645044
>those digits
Pet Sounds really is magic
>>
>>68645044
It's both musically and lyrically bland.
Don't Talk is just lyrically bland but is musically shit compared to the other songs on the album.

Pet Sounds has several songs that can be considered the best love songs ever made, both of those are subpar in comparison to Wouldn't It Be Nice, Waiting For The Day, Caroline No, God Only Knows, That's Not Me, etc.
>>
>>68645110
You Still Believe In Me is one of the most earnest songs I've ever heard
It's not "bland" it's simple, and that's part of what makes it beautiful
>>
>>68632229

Pet Sounds was great, so was SMiLE, i have both in my vinyl collection.
>>
>>68645243

This seriously, one of the great thing about You Still Believe in Me is because it's from the perspective of a guy who knows he's a fuck up.
>>
File: showin_off_his_girl.jpg (25KB, 236x484px) Image search: [Google]
showin_off_his_girl.jpg
25KB, 236x484px
>>68645416
It's especially heartwarming considering WHY he was a fuck up
It's like he was apologizing to/thanking Marilyn for staying with him through his mental illness
>>
>>68645012
>Don't Talk
>shit

You haven't listened to it enough. Until Don't Talk and Caroline No makes you cry, you haven't listened to Pet Sounds enough.
>>
>>68645012
Don't Talk is such an angelic song
I understand how someone that had only listened to it once or twice wouldn't get it, but once you really listen to it it's one of the most beautiful songs even
It's one of the 4 Beach Boys songs that gives me goosebumps every time
>>
File: glasses.jpg (39KB, 484x465px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
39KB, 484x465px
So you guys feel that Don't Talk and You Still Believe In Me are the shittiest songs on Pet Sounds....... then which one are?
>>
>>68645760
I've listened to Pet Sounds 5000 times and I can confirm You Still Believe in Me is the best track on the album.
>>
>>68646037
whats the second best
>>
>>68639371
That's what smile wanted to be,.
>>
>>68646346
Don't Talk
>>
File: dont_talk.jpg (85KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
dont_talk.jpg
85KB, 600x545px
>>68646640
>>
>>68632344
i dont agree with rubber soul being better
i might listen to an argument for the next three beatles albums, but even then i dont think it would necessarily be "better"
>>
File: cdw.jpg (10KB, 233x280px) Image search: [Google]
cdw.jpg
10KB, 233x280px
THAAAAAT'S WHERE WE WANT TO GOOooOOO
>>
File: ANGREY.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ANGREY.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>68649251
to GET AWAY FROM BRIAN
>>
>>68646640
i think thats tied for first
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.