[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there is quite literally not a single element of hip-hop in any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: Front.jpg (121KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
121KB, 1280x1280px
there is quite literally not a single element of hip-hop in any of their albums post-NLDW.

why the fuck do I keep hearing them described as it? If anything they're just some industrial / synth-punk outfit at this point
>>
>not a single element of hip-hop
except the main element of hip hop, rapping.
>>
>>68629696
BP and TMS have little to no differences?
How is TMS more Hip Hop than BP?
>>
>>68629773
if you actually think any of that is rapping you might actually have brain damage

I am a fan of the music but I am desperately waiting for someone to start calling a spade a spade
>>
if it were a white guy screaming, that's exactly what it would be labeled, but ride is black bro.
i don't even like them one bit. they're too tryhard
>>
>>68629810
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEia2Vld4Xo
>not rapping
>>
>>68629782
Are you serious? BP is almost a straight up punk album, TMS has some of their most hip-hop works. They're nothing alike at all
>>
>>68629823
>tryhard
>constantly screams about ego death and how he isn't shit and death grips may as well just end whenever because eh
Okay senpai
>>
>>68629810
>if you actually think any of that is rapping you might actually have brain damage
yeah sorry he's clearly singing
>>
>>68629837
Exactly, it's a medley, with some punk elements
>>
>>68629876
can someone else confirm his lyrics are like this? this actually seems somewhat decent
>>
>>68629893
>medley
>>
>>68629900
They are can confirm
>>
>>68629906
It's all semantics man, just go with what you think is best
>>
>>68629900
On GP
>>
>>68629900
Read the lyrics for On GP, it's the most obvious example
>>
you are correct but the kids on /mu/ wanna be apart of the hip hop scene so bad.

I mean fucking NIN was gonna tour with them. I've yet to see dg tour with hip hop artist like kendrick lamar and such
you wanna know why?
because they aren't hip hop
>>
>>68629900
https://youtu.be/uOJFhKriSH8
This one is all about apathy and ego
No screaming though
>>
>>68630033
They're different breeds, in the same way that you probably wouldn't see Madlib touring with Dr. Dre or Eminem
>>
>>68629773
So rhcp's can't stop is a hip hop song?
>>
>>68630033
They have hip hop elements they're not straight up hip hop. Does anyone claim they are nothing else but hip hop?
>>
>>68630033
>death grips haven't toured with kendrick lamar therefore they arent hip hop
Thats an interesting conclusion to draw from that
>>
>>68630040
hey I kinda like this
>>
>>68630118
Check out Houdini off the same album it's a banger
>>
>>68630071
weak elements at this point. its closer to synth punk and industrial.

>>68630116
early death grips only played at punk shows. I've yet too see dg tour with other underground hip hop artist.
>>
>>68630145
I agree honestly, at this point it's barely hip hop but like you said there are some weak elements. Half of BP is pretty hop hop and NOTM has the influence.
>>
>>68630145
Different styles man, MF DOOM is underground, but totally different from Death Grips, they're kinda their own breed of hip hop 2bh
>>
File: 1416376041847.png (340KB, 541x471px) Image search: [Google]
1416376041847.png
340KB, 541x471px
>>68630033
>>68630052
>>68630071
>>68630145
>>68630201
RYM is in fact cancer, but on there, every project they've ever done has questionable genre tags.

They exhaust every single hip-hop option available that even vaguely fits before they get to what it actually fucking sounds like. We've got:
> Experimental hip-hop
> Industrial hip-hop
definitely valid for a select number of songs across their career, predominantly from their early projects
> Abstract hip-hop, a term for MF DOOM and Madlib and other dusty weirdo rap with heavy boom bap inspiration
objectively wrong
> Hardcore hip-hop, a term for mid-90s East Coast rappers who talked about crime and drug trade, synonym for mafioso rap, includes Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, etc
objectively wrong
> Glitch-hop, a term used to describe guys ike Shlohmo, Nosaj Thing and early FlyLo, pretty much sound collage instrumental hip-hop
objectively wrong

And only after all of that bullshit do you get to some genres that actually sound like what you're listening to:
> Electro-Industrial
> Noise Rock
> Synth-Punk
> Digital Hardcore
> Experimental Rock (I guess?)

So not only so DG fans desperately hope for DG to be hip-hop, they also don't understand the meaning of literally any genre at all, especially not anything regarding hip-hop

this is the most ironic shit
>>
>>68629993
a medley is a combination of several songs in one
>>
>>68630623
Think outside of music, a la three bean medley lol
>>
>>68629696
BP is probably the closest they've come to a straight up Hip-Hop album since ExM
>>
>>68629696
Death Grips has an unique sound, and people usually have a hard time finding the most accurate genre for them at the moment.
>>
>>68629839
Both TMS and BP feature some pretty straightforward beats with Ride rapping over them. In fact a lot of BPs beats/music are more basic that TMS's. Sure some of it's abrasive, but it's still Hip Hop.

Sounds like in your opinion Hip Hop can't be abrasive or have Punk like qualities without becoming a whole new genre.
>>
>tfw there will never be more industrial hip-hop in the vein of Techno Animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_czrpe-0mG0
>>
>>68632141
I GOT A PACK OF EVOLVING POKEMON IN MY POCKET
>>
Honestly, I think that death grips has much more in common with uk hip hop/grime than ameican hip hop.

Everyone gets too caught up with genres. Most people would call radiohead an alternative/indie rock band without people getting all uptight about the fact that they are also krautrock, post punk, IDM, ambient, etc.
>>
>>68629696
I also wonder this.
MC ride does some rapping sometimes but it's not enough to call them a "hip-hop group"
>>
>>68629810
spade
>>
>>68629900
they are, he's pretty introspective sometimes.
>>
>>68630145
>I've yet too see dg tour with other underground hip hop artist
What is Mykki Blanco?

retard
>>
>>68632774
>MC ride does some rapping sometimes
You mean like on every single song they've ever released that isn't instrumental?
>but it isn't enough
how the fuck is it not? I don't understand. First of all, genres are fucking meaningless. They're arbitrary labels that usually do more to restrict creativity than helping it, and anyone who cares passionately about them is retarded. "B-b-but anon," your retarded ass chimes in while you have a moment to speak in between choking on my dick, "aren't you arguing about genre right now? You're no better than the very people you're activley decrying right now you disgusting hypocrite!" Get back to sucking and I'll tell you why you're wrong: it doesn't require a huge commitment to label something as a particular genre, I can just fucking do it, the hard part is actually proving me wrong, and in fact it's impossible. This is why I am smart and you are dumb, I can say "death grips are hip hop" all I want and not be wrong at all, but you will never be able to prove death grips ARENT hip hop, because at the end of the day it is entirely (here it comes) subjoctiv. Death Grips are, from my perspective, a group that have been inspired by hip hop, and a group that models their music around hip hop and ride even raps about hip hop esque subjects like drugs money black culture even, but of course they do it slightly differently from trendhopper p4kcore hip hop and you can't wrap your puny pea brain around that and probably are sayin something like "this rapper is rapping LOUDLY???? THIS ISNT HIP HOP AT ALL." Which, again, is why you're retarded. Learn to take fucking genres, the most insipid, useless thing within the entire existence of music, a little less fucking seriously you dumbasses
>>
>>68635094
is this pasta?
>>
These are always the worst threads on /mu/ - people arguing about what genre an artist/album falls under. Jesus christ, just listen to the music and enjoy it
>>
>>68635345
>Music board
>Discussing music
Who would have guessed?
>>
>>68635227
It is now
>>
>>68629773
Rapping is a type of vocals that usually comes with hip hop. They are separate.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.