[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A 12-voice analog synth for under a grand. Will it be shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

A 12-voice analog synth for under a grand. Will it be shit?

>Behringer
>>
>>68628237
Depends on what you're trying to do. I generally like Behringer as a brand because they're cheap, and they're not terrible, but I record black metal, so quality isn't much of an issue. When you say under a grand, I hope you mean like under $500.
>>
>>68628273
It's going to be $999.
>>
>>68628237
Casio CTK-6000 is actually a pretty decent keyboard, and it's pretty affordable. I know people will tell you that Casio is a meme, but that's simply not true anymore. When Casio first came out decades ago, their products were cheap and shitty and they created a bad reputation for themselves, but they actually make quality products now.
>>
>>68628339
Thank you Casio rep, but we're talking about the Behringer Deepmind 12 here.
>>
>>68628309
That's way too expensive for a synth. Honestly, unless you're a famous/touring musician don't spend that much on a keyboard. It probably won't even sound THAT much better than a cheap keyboard.
>>
>>68628383
I've never owned a Deepmind 12. I'm speaking from experience. I own a CTK-6000 and I like it.
>>
>>68628386
you're a fucking idiot, have you ever even used a synthesizer in your life? even a simple digital monophonic synth is like $600, let alone a 12 voice analog synth with bundled effects, an LCD screen, incredible routing options etc.
>>
>>68628386
>That's way too expensive for a synth

$999 is very cheap for a 12 voice analog. There are very few poly analogs been made today.

You've got Dave Smith's synths which are like $1500 for the eight voice Prophet 08 and $2500 for the Prophet 6 and Oberheim OB6.
>>
>>68628237
It already is, it's so fucking ugly
>>
>>68628537
Yeah I'm not to keen on the design. Definitely not as beautiful as DSI's synths.
>>
I'll wait at least 2-3 years after it's released before even thinking about getting one
analog is a double edged sword, if the build quality is shit it will have a short lifespan like Arturias "brutes or just be DOA, like Akais recent shit.
Rather spend that money on a System 8 or just a god ol' Moog if analog is so important to you
>>
My original thoughts were also that it would be infamous Behringer build quality, until I looked into it more. It's actually designed and produced by a DIFFERENT team that Behringer acquired recently. So it's not made by Behringer staff at all, theyre just slapping their name on it.
>>
>>68628778
It's being built by a team in Manchester UK I heard.
>>
>>68628273
>>68628778
behringer used to be shit quality. they've pulled it together recently with stuff like the x-32
>>
Here's a good vid of Nick Batt creating a new patch from scratch on the DM12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCIC8PL5tb4
>>
>>68628453
This, I paid $500 for my MS-20. If you want great polyphonic analog, it'll be at least double that.
>>
File: 1472394104983.jpg (20KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472394104983.jpg
20KB, 217x320px
>tfw my setup is only a minilogue and a cheap volca because poorfag
>do nothing but shitty john carpenter imitations
JUST
>>
>>68629266
probably stupid question but an original MS20 or the mini?
>>
>>68629266
Also, you have to remember that you with a polyphonic synth you are basically multiplying the number of sound generation components for a single voice by the total number of voices, eg for a 2 oscillator, 4 LFO, 3 EnvGen, 1 LPF, 1 HPF per voice synth you essentially need 24 oscs, 48 LFOs, 36 EnvGens, 12 LPFs and 12 HPFs.

Shit's expensive.
>>
>>68629373
You deserve it for falling for the analog meme.
Try listening to some old school industrial for better inspiration

Cant wait for the 90s module meme becomes a thing, might be able to finally sell my E-mu modules and mc-303 at a ridiculous price
>>
>>68629394
Mini, originals are upwards of 1K unfortunately
>>
>>68629394
Mini MS20 is sex. I, however opted for a used bass station 2 due to price and it literally works like new and sounds pretty darn good. I still long for a moog subphatty and/or MS20. I feel the sound is just warmer, deeper, and the uniqueness makes things more satisfying.
>>
>>68631490
part of me wants to get the ms20 mini really bad, another part of me knows that I will be spending hours smoking pot and playing with it and never get anything but 1hr psych-jams done that no one, not even myself, would want to hear
>>
>>68629373
my two cents:

1- sell them, get a used microkorg and a electribe er1 and start making actually having fun while making music

2- get a used launchpad, install the launchpad95 script, hook the miniloge via midi and use ableton as a sequencer

damm, kids these days just buy anything with the "analog" sticker on them, but at least you didnt but a rythmwolf or shit like that
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.