[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw Swans yesterday and it was great and all, but what is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 1466356757363.jpg (438KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466356757363.jpg
438KB, 1600x700px
I saw Swans yesterday and it was great and all, but what is it about this music that brings out such autism in people?

Some were unbearable, there was a guy right in front of Gira who I was I shit you not jumping up and down and flailing his hands full power for two and a half hours non stop.
>>
>>68627894
>there was a guy right in front of Gira who I was I shit you not jumping up and down and flailing his hands full power for two and a half hours non stop.

I wonder what trip he posts under
>>
>>68627894
people dance at live gigs, its nothing new dumbass
>>
>>68627894
It's not that I don't believe you anon, but I couldn't imagine Gira seeing that and not having a word with him
>>
>>68627921
he may have been genuinely autistic, it was pretty crazy
>>
>>68627894
I've seen them on this tour and the TBK tour last year. Same density of spergs both times.
>>
>>68627963
I was surprised but Gira was super chill the whole time. It was my first time seeing them so I don't know if he usually smiles during songs, but he did yesterday. He even kind of smiled at that guy as TGM was rolling out.

>>68627951
it was like someone was performing exorcism on him
>>
Dunno...

I saw them live in Budapest few days ago and everyone in the crowd acted just fine. They were just standing around politely and observing the show.
>>
>>68628003
I've noticed that too. He's not that violent angry dude anymore but still kinda scary looking.
>>
>>68627894
Swans shows are really loud and dynamic, its repetitiveness makes the whole show feel like some avantgarde ritual. I saw them 2 days ago and there were lots of drunken faggots who would belong in a metal concert. When the Glowing Man started many started to dance like they have a seizure.
I love how Gira can bring people in ecstasy, but I don't think it's the type of music you should get drunk to.
>>
>>68628152
>I love how Gira can bring people in ecstasy
I kind of left with that feeling after thinking about it for a bit. The way people acted forced me to go through half of the show with my eyes closed because it was distracting, but I don't think any of it was disingenuous. That says a lot about the music itself.
>>
>>68628152
I was there. I haven't seen any drunk people at that show but maybe that's because I was in front.
>>
>>68628004
Then you didn't look back. Drunk weirdos were having a seizure at the Glowing Man where I was standing (I had to be next to the sound engineer, because I forgot to bring hearing protection, but thankfully some cool dude gave me a pair of plugs halfway).
>>
why does anyone actually think
>the seer > 2bekind >>>>>>> glowin man

it's obviously glowing man > 2 be kind > seer
>>
>>68628260
are you hungarian?
>>
>>68628278
not enough time has passed for TGM to grow on most people
>>
>>68628310
no i just ate
>>
>>68628310
yes
>>
>>68628416
Ahogy mondtam, elől nagyon visszafogott hangulat volt. A füldugó valóban nem ártott, sok szerencsétlent láttam, amint kétségbeesetten fogdossa a fülét 5 perc után.
Egyébként remek koncertet hoztak össze, bár azt hiszem az új dalok nem jönnek át annyira élőben, mint a To Be Kind-turné alattiak. Számomra örökké a 2014-es a38 lesz az etalon. De tudtam utána egy-két szót szólni a Girához, úgyhogy már ezért is önmagában megérte.
>>
>>68628539
it never ceases to amaze me how crazy gibberish this language is
>>
>>68628416
Are you hungry?
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x450px
I think he read that Gira likes to kick people's asses and was trying to piss him off to say he got in a fight with/got the shit beaten out of him by Michael Gira
>>
>>68627894
I saw them 3 weeks ago, same thing happend. but besides all the retarted flailing and forced movement the crowd was pretty shitty anyway
>>
>>68628539
Nekem pont azért nem jött át a koncertélmény, mert egy jobb fajta füldugó híján az egész torz volt a fülemben, hátul amúgy sem túl nagy élmény hallani egy koncertet, mindemellett nem telt el 10 másodperc anélkül, hogy lengőajtónak használva engem ki-be mászkálnak a tömegben a részeg idióták. Emiatt ez az "eksztázis" elmaradt, és rossz szájízzel, illetve enyhe fülzúgással mentem el. A Sunn O)))-t jobban élveztem, mert ez mind nem történt meg, füst miatt amúgy sem tudott senki közlekedni, vagy odamenni a bárpulthoz, én pedig O' Malley lábai előtt álltam tátott szájjal.
>>
>>68628695
Kár érte... Az a38 pedig volt már, hogy osztogatott füldugót. Először láttad őket élőben?
>>
>>68628800
Mindkét koncert első volt, valószínűleg nem lesz több ilyen egy ideig, mert ez a két koncert elvitte minden félretett pénzem (nem vagyok Pesti). Afféle 18. szülinapi ajándék magamnak.
>>
>>68628278

To be kind took what the Seer did and built upon it.

Glowing Man just doesn't do enough different for me personally. Wouldn't see it live again
>>
File: d11.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
d11.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>68628345
>>68628604
>>
File: image.png (457KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
457KB, 840x630px
>>68628932
>filthy frank
>>
>>68628970
Even Frank is funnier than the "le hungry hungarian xDD" meme
>>
File: max.jpg (14KB, 339x436px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
14KB, 339x436px
>>68628932
>shitty tumblr gif of filthy frank
>>
>>68627894
kek

V I E N N A
I
E
N
N
A

are you from Austria or did you travel there for the concert?
>>
>>68627894
Did you wish you were home listening to Swans?
>>
>>68627966
and yeah I thought so too, he probably was indeed autistic
>>
>>68629412
travelled
>>
File: fdf.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fdf.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>68627951
Dancing and shaking like a seizure are not the same
>>
>Autistic music attracting autistic people

What a surprise, Anon
>>
>>68627894
Anyone know when they're coming back to the states? I know they're switching their lineup after this tour.
>>
I actually fell asleep during a SWANS concert because I've narcolepsy. True story.
>>
Yeah, shit happens.

When I saw them in Austin a few people started moshing when the main riff in the glowing man came in and Gira stopped the entire song to tell them to stop.

Didn't really put a damper on the things though, they dove right back into it without missing a beat.

Also, during the same song there was this extremely attractive like model tier chick across the balcony area from where I was who was just dancing like mad and Gira just stared at her with a huge smile for a good 15 seconds. Was pretty hilarious.
>>
>>68627894
>Some were unbearable, there was a guy right in front of Gira who I was I shit you not jumping up and down and flailing his hands full power for two and a half hours non stop.

this is literally SO many /mu/ posters you're describing right now
>>
>>68631077
makes me really worried about death grips gig tomorrow
>>
>>68631074
>Gira stopped the entire song to tell them to stop
>they dove right back into it without missing a beat
How can they be so based?
>Gira just stared at her with a huge smile for a good 15 seconds
Probably his next rape victim :^)))))))
>>
>>68627894
Michael Gira became a lot more chill about that, these stories about jumping people in the crowd belong in his past. Just don't start a moshpit and Gira doesn't bother, I mean he dances himself like a sperg for some songs.
Btw I've seen them as well on their tour and I was surprised how down to earth and humble Michael Gira is.
>>
>>68632944
is this post post-ironic.
>>
>>68631291
oh no, people are going to have fun at a death grips concert?
>>
>>68631291
if you worry about that than you're honestly the biggest sperg.
>>
>>68633083
More post than Swans and GY!BE combined
>>
>>68631291
Fuck I'm there too
Prague?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.